Sign in to follow this  
chauvinista

Is there any difference in Arma II + Arma II: OA and Arma II: CO?

Hello! My question is simple: Is there any difference in Arma II + Arma II: OA and Arma II: CO?

Arma 2 + OA = CO

There is no difference when installed correctly.

but the multiplayer is still different right?

if so which one have more players and better mod capability?

There is separate MP for ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead. Most servers use both but it kinda goes trough OA. So its best to have both. Some mods require ArmA 2 so yeah, there you go. I hope this clears it for you.

With Arma 2 installed you can use Arma 2 content and play on Arma 2 servers.

With Operation Arrowhead installed you can use OA content and play on OA servers.

With Combined Operations installed you can use any addon, and play on any server.

That's just the simple way of explaining it... of course there's mods, server version, etc to deal with, but that comes later.

so when i instal arma II OA after Arma II instalation it will be the same as ArmA II: CO??

and merry christmas!

so when i instal arma II OA after Arma II instalation it will be the same as ArmA II: CO??

and merry christmas!

yes it will

Hi!

Will i have CO when installing OA first and Arma2 second or do i have to do completly fresh install?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Will i have CO when installing OA first and Arma2 second or do i have to do completly fresh install?

Thanks in advance!

From what I've read you will be ok as long as you install in same directory... but if it was me I would do an uninstall then fresh install of Arma 2, then OA.

Thanks for the quick reply! :) Just got Arma2 for 7.50 € on gamersgate and really want to have more maps then takistan in Warfare BE. Will give it a try now.

Shouldn't need to, order doesnt matter, as long as OA knows where to load ArmA2 content from.

Easiest way I did it was symlink the Addons folder from ArmA2 into the OA folder.

and will my pc run some bigground battles in arma 2 oa? i have :AMD Athlon II X3, ATI HD5570 1GB, 4GB RAM??

and will my pc run some bigground battles in arma 2 oa? i have :AMD Athlon II X3, ATI HD5570 1GB, 4GB RAM??

Will my PC run this?

Huge thread yes, but has nice search function. ;)

To give you a quick answer, the more and faster cores you have the better. Video card is important but not as much as in other games - with Arma the bottleneck tends to be the CPU because of AI calculations. So a good video card is nice to have but a powerful computer is needed. The more AI you have in a mission, the more powerful computer you need.

With that said, I have a dual core AMD Athlon 64 X2 and the game runs pretty well (but not maxed out.) There are a bunch of addons to help boost performance. You may want to give a try to HeinBloed's plant2 addon that reduces plant complexity if you have performance issues.

nope, i originally bought ArmA2 back when it was released, then i bought arrowhead when i came home from bnoc. they run just fine.