Sign in to follow this  
ron mexico

[Crossfire problem] What happened to crossfire support?

I have two XFX 6970s in crossfire and I was getting 40-70fps in game, but now I am down to 30fps. When I disable one card and play I am now getting the same 30fps as I do when I have crossfire enabled.

I swear crossfire was working with this yesterday, but now its out. Did the new patch screw up crossfire support?

This is for operation Arrowhead, as normal vanilla arma2 has never worked with crossfire for me.

I am running:

980x, 12 gigs of ram, Rampage III mobo, (2) xfx6970s, and windows 7 -64 bit ultimate.

Edited by Dwarden

Just checked with 2x5850s and 10.12 drivers, crossfire is working just fine for me in OA. Right after Steam finished patching. Crossfire in ArmA2 has worked for me since I got a second card, somewhere around the 10.04 or 10.06 drivers.

Get GPU-Z, check utilization of each card in game.

Well I am running 12a hotfix and I am having no luck with crossfire support at all. I swear it was working the other day, but now I get the same performance as one card. I tried to reinstall my drivers, but these 12a's are very difficult to work with. Has anybody else upgraded to the HD6000 series with crossfire and had any luck?

may i ask if You have installed the Catalyst Application Profiles? (for Crossfire)

because i was told it's absence or obsolete state could be often culprint of such problems

Have you guys tried rolling back drivers? I believe the 10.10d or e hotfix was the recommended version for 6XXX prior to the 10.12s. Something about a few features not making it into the 10.11. Is crossfire working for other games?

Not really on topic, but it was the best thread I found.

When exiting Arma2, both my screens went black immediately, and the computer stopped responding to keyboard and mouse input. Rebooting was the only option.

Same thing happend when ALT-TAB was performed.

I've had Arma2 for a long time, and these hangups came after installing Crossfire.

System:

Windows 7 64 bit

4GB RAM

E8400 CPU

Asus P5Q WS motherboard

Arma2, PMC, OA.

Crossfire setup:

2x Asus 4890

RadeonPRO installed, and profile setup for Arma2.

Other games, such as TeamFortress 2 and Left4Dead2 tested OK.

Ran Furmark for 30 minutes with no problem.

Solution: taking tips from forums, I've testing this with older ATI drivers. The latest stabile was said to be 10.4. As you all know, you need to rename your arma2oa.exe to arma2.exe to get Crossfire to load the correct profile. If not, Crossfire would not work.

Then I stumbled over a post stating that Arrowhead was supported from 10.8 + hotfix. Which was of course, entirely true.

I installed that driver, renamed arma2exe back to arma2oa.exe, and problem was solved.

I believe the reason for my hangups was the naming of arma2oa.exe -> arma2.exe.

Just wanted to share this with you.

" * [Have] there been any optimizations/improvements in ATI Crossfire support?

No, and note that Crossfire is not something that we would have to support much in our game; rather, it is primarily hardware/driver related - we use standard Direct X API for our graphical output."

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ask_Bohemia_about_A2OA_-_Answers

I am very unhappy with the crossfire support with the xfx hd 6870 I just installed my second card and it is worse then just one card. I hope someone could figure out how to make this work because I am not able to find any info on the net. I tried all the tricks and no love!

Edited by BigToe

update I think with the new drivers it is working have to get back to work will test more later.