Sign in to follow this  
ben_s

Homefront.

Homefront is a game set in the near future, Depicting the Korean takeover of America.

So far, It looks, Decent?

Better than the big thread below this one with a fail game :cool:

http://www.homefront-game.com/

Uzqx-lDoCr8

And some multiplayer talk;

cg3ysQ5xSvI

I like the battlepoints idea though, Pretty old idea, but done in a new way. Earn XP, then spend that XP on the battlefield. I've not seen this done in 'this' style of game before.

The fact they make it so, Things don't spawn. But you buy them, Ingame, From working by capturing objectives and doing things with your team to get those guns and vehicles.

Also, 32 players on console dedicated servers. Yes, You heard that right. Doing something which all the 'big shots' said isn't possible.

Discuss. :)

I played Frontlines: Fuel of War, which is kind of a predecessor to this game though story-wise completely unrelated.

A lot of it feels like standard Battlefield-fare but the guns where much more fun to use, seemed to do more damage and they were a lot more precise than regular BF weapons.

The thing that set it apart though was the usage of drones, which were really cool to use, and there were several of them.

One of them was a small RC helicopter with a bomb attached, or a little helicopter with a gun underneath, small cars, etc etc. To use them you had to sit behind a laptop, which meant you couldnt defend yourself.

So, you are an easy target for others to shoot, but you also have a change to kill others without putting yourself at risk. It opens up some nice strategies, too.

Say, you are behind some cover being pinned down by a sniper. If you managed to sneak out a little RC helicopter, you could flank the sniper with it and blow him up, and you could go on.

The weapons handled nice, the maps were pretty good, the drones were a lot of fun. The only thing is, there werent a lot of servers and i think it died down even more now.

So yeah, i'm looking forward to Homefront if they manage to keep the same gameplay with drones and weapons.

Also, cue "Scenario isnt realistic, USA would never be conquered by Korea"

To be honest, Someone really needed to go for a "America Invasion" storyline. Who cares if its going to happen today? Pre-WW2 something called the 'Great Depression' Happened.

if that happened again, Which is possible, Hell, Any un-affected country (any country that doesn't get a mass ammount of trade from the US, like Korea, Russia or China) could invade and crush america then.

Which, Sounds stupid. Buts it's more of a possible reality than you may think. ;)

Looks intresting overall but im not a fan of this "fictional" high geared army invades story.

It was silly in MW2 and it looks silly here, why not do it with style and make it like in World in Conflict and have a more or less realistic opponent.

Or even better someone finally make a sequel to Freedom Fighters, also not 100% realistic but overall a great game that saddly didnt sell as it deserved.

Yeah,

Well, I'm going to welcome the change of America defeats this country, that country has insurgents, America crushes that country, this country has insurgents, America crushes that country.

I see a pattern here. And any change where you're not the big, awsome American Marines/Army or being a part of the American war machine just destroying random countries. Is a good change.

I see a pattern here. And any change where you're not the big, awsome American Marines/Army or being a part of the American war machine just destroying random countries. Is a good change.

Yea instead you're some nobody who can kill hundreds upon hundreds of trained enemy soldiers. Same s**t, different story.

Looks fun though. I'm keeping an eye on it but I'm not expecting much.

I can't wait. Yeah it's far-fetched but I enjoy the theme. Freedom Fighters was a blast and with the only news of Freedom Fighters 2 Being an essentially dead rumor, I'm hoping for another option.

And Yahtzee asked aloud, "Could somebody please invade America?" and lo North Korea stepped up..aahh the timing.

Even though the scenario might not be realistic (And I think these days we rely too much on realistic scenario's, why limit ourselves) it's strangely interesting to see a game where the US is not being invaded but HAS been invaded IE enemy settled in and bad things are happening rather than the initial invasion.

The military violence against civilians is a strange and bold move, one unheard of in todays industry with no spine and runs for cover at the first sign of media controversy...I wonder if it will last.

Though what would be better is a game that wouldn't include America at all, but rather two other entities fighting eachother or something like that, something a bit more unique.

Edited by NodUnit

I've always been attracted to apocalyptic story lines... not so much post apocalypse, but during the decline. This story looks interesting- the game, not so much. I can totally live with a fictional world where North Korea is stronger than it actually is. The aggressor could have been anyone: Korea, China, Space Mutants. So long as the setting is compelling and there is a lot for the characters to adapt to and overcome (and a lot to shock and engage the player), it should be interesting.

"This is not a game where you need to spend 2 hours reading a manual to fly a helicopter" Good thing! Because the developers didn't spend 2 hours researching helicopters and didn't know that spinning rotors don't cone downwards :p

I like the idea put a "Red Dawn" Scenario into a video game, but must it this over engineered?

Robot Tanks that remindes me in "war of the worlds" and Laser and these things.

Imagen how cool it would be if the resistance fight with some of "Bill Holmes" selfmade Guns. Real guerilla shit. But there are Abrahams Tanks again, and kick-ass helicopters, drones and so on.

by the way. why these north-korean minions using m4 carbine assault rifles?

There are 200.000.000 Guns in the US but the primar weapon in this Game is an M4 with an Red Dot Aiming System that cost 20 Dollars?

Also, cue "Scenario isnt realistic, USA would never be conquered by Korea"

Yeah.

But China would be.

oooorrrr... Canada.

Yeah.

But China would be.

:p:p

I think both are about equally likely.

China could defeat North Korea by trampling its armies with a horde of civilians wielding chopsticks. And Korea would be up shit creek without Chinese support. When the regime goes belly up, big sis will be stuck with the refugees and the natural resources.

But yeah, if the designers weren't too chicken-shit, the invader in this scenario would be China, as they're the only country that could possibly have the ability, if not the motive, to invade the continental U.S. in the next generation or so.

But you can treat North Koreans essentially the same as Tolkien's orcs without pissing off any ethnic communities, so DPRK it is.

On one hand it looks quite nice on the other it feels kinda cheap. It looks a bit cloned Black Ops with red diamonds around targets and stabbing. Weapons feel like MoH.

I love the game where you have to spend 2h to know how to fly. I dont want every noob out there flying helis.

Anyway, we'll just have to wait a bit for some gameplay videos but I have a feeling it will suck ass.

Well it's not very likely China would ever invade the US. Most of the Chinese export is going to the US, why would you go and make war in your own market?

But well, not every story has to be absolutely realistic.

by the way. why these north-korean minions using m4 carbine assault rifles?

There are 200.000.000 Guns in the US but the primar weapon in this Game is an M4 with an Red Dot Aiming System that cost 20 Dollars?

Koreans are also using other US equipment in the trailer (UH-60, Humvee), maybe they conscripted part of the surrendering US military into their ranks along with their equipment

I want a game that properly implements guerrilla warfare. Red Faction Guerrilla was a disappointment in this. So were the Farcry games. :(