Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Arma 2 - ai first aid support

Hi DAP,

Looking forward to new version.

Is the red screen problem sorted now (where if injured and then die you spawn with the injured red screen)

The moving-while-injured bug happens before you are healed, but there are troops normally close by.

Doesn't work for me. I put dapman.pbo from dapman auto ini to my addons and nothing happens when I shoot somebody in game. Should I do something else?

Doesn't work for me. I put dapman.pbo from dapman auto ini to my addons and nothing happens when I shoot somebody in game. Should I do something else?

Do you have CBA? Because auto version requires CBA. If you have it, then check version of CBA (for A2 only/OA only/CO). Be sure that your version of CBA is correct. Else one. I see ACE "tag" in your sig :) If ACE Wounds module included in mission, then my addon simply will not be activated for avoid any collisions with ACE Wоunds module.

Edited by DAP

It works. Check your CBA version (For A2 only/OA only/CO). And try download latest version.

I'm using CBA 0.7.6 - just the @CBA mod folder as I have CO, and I removed all previous versions of CBA from my ArmA 2 directory.

This was fixed in version 4.5.

That's the version I'm using. I downloaded it again to make sure it hadn't corrupted (although 7zip said the first download tested without errors) - same thing.

I many times run all versions of addon (for different tests) and never seen something like this. Kremator says that he seen this bug too, but.. Can you say in which phase of script work(When unit lies on ground and wait healer, after drag, after healing, etc.) it happens?

These were wounded OPFOR units with no medic nearby (I'm not even sure if there were always medics still alive / alive and mobile).

The high-speed movement seemed to be when the unit was lying E-W oriented (or W-E). Oriented more towards N or S, the movement was a lot slower. However I haven't seen it enough times for any difference to be statistically significant (4 or 5 times at low speed, 3 at high speed) over more then a dozen test runs.

I haven't seen wounded BLUFOR (my side) units do more than roll around screaming (good visual & aural effects - nice work!).

Also now I testing new version. Added more new fixes and improvements. Especially for BIS First Aid: BC Module.

OK, thanks DAP. I'll wait for the new version & try again.

Orcinus

Last time I tried it without ACE and SLX but still nothing. I've got Combined Ops so I use only @CBA folder of CBA 0.7.6 version.

OK I tried again without ACE and SLX to make sure and it works but SLX has better first aid - blood, better injury animation and again blood and some usefull stuffs.

Edited by Gerwazy

Last time I tried it without ACE and SLX but still nothing. I've got Combined Ops so I use only @CBA folder of CBA 0.7.6 version.

OK I tried again without ACE and SLX to make sure and it works but SLX has better first aid - blood, better injury animation and again blood and some usefull stuffs.

Hmm. Very strange. I tested, right now, auto version 4.5 with CBA 0.7.6 and I have no any bugs. All works fine. Some info:

Addon will be disabled if in mission used:

- BIS First Aid: Simulation module

- BIS First Aid: Actions module

- ACE Wounds module

Be sure that no one of those modules not used in mission.

Also be sure that you not do lethal shot. Shot in body and headshot - is lethal. Main idea of this addon - you are not a superman.

Edited by DAP

I don't use any modules and that's why I was interested in this mod in auto version.

Probably it didn't work because of SLX first aid

ADDON UPDATED

Version 4.6

Changelog:

- Fixed: Animation bug, when units get up after healing (armed unit sometimes can play animation, which used for unarmed units).

- Fixed: Player can stuck on ground after healing.

- Fixed: Blood screen still showing after team switch or respawn.

- Fixed: AI may stuck with "heal" order.

- Added: Support from static weapon crew.

- Changed: Player cant switch to wounded unit or his healer in singleplayer.

- Changed: Civilians and guerrillas can support wounded units.

- Improved: Joint work with BIS First Aid: Battlefield clearance module (Medics issue)

- Minor changes and optimisation

Note: All links updated.

Edited by DAP

Thanks DAP! Integrating the script version into my mission immediately!

same here, autoinit does nothing, CBA is up to date and i havent even touched any ACE modules either stopped working at around 4.5 :(

same here, autoinit does nothing, CBA is up to date and i havent even touched any ACE modules either stopped working at around 4.5 :(

Tested it right now again with CBA 0.7.6 (build 160) and auto version: all works fine.

As I say before: be sure, that your version of CBA is correct (for A2 only/OA only/CO). Also. Maybe in mission used some of variables from ACE Wounds or BIS modules? Try it in clear mission in editor. And for God... don't shoot in their heads :) Try single shots in their arms and legs :)

I also have CBA updated to build 160 and the auto version does not work. I shot an ai teammate with a silenced pistol in the toe 4 or 5 times and he died straight away instead of going into agony.

I also have CBA updated to build 160 and the auto version does not work. I shot an ai teammate with a silenced pistol in the toe 4 or 5 times and he died straight away instead of going into agony.

Try module or script version. If it works, then problem in incorrect version of CBA. Because I tested this addon with CBA 0.7.6 (build 160) in all combinations : A2 only, CO 1.59, CO 1.59 beta and in all tests was ok.

Hi DAP

Tried this system last night and love the idea. Set a battle up and did not notice the ai doing anything. I had the BS battle clearance module in there and ACE wounds turned off. Ill try again tonight to make sure I didnt miss anything. Ive got CBA in there because ACE is in there.

ADDON UPDATED

Current Version 4.6

[.

Hi DAP

I've downloaded the update and tried all 3 variants (script, module, autoinit). Neither of the pbos have any discernible effect - tests run just like vanilla (CO 1.59/1.10, CBA 0.76).

Updated the script in your and my own test missions - the animations work fine, screaming, red hazed vision if hit, etc. Team mates given first aid orders drag wounded before healing. I didn't get any "Sorry, no can do" messages just before they actually heal, nor have I seen (in about 6 different tests with the script version) any more weird sliding by injured units.

However medics from other allied teams do not attend to any wounded units (though the OPFOR medics do treat wounded RU units).

This is the same in a variant of your demo mission in which I removed the medics from the BLUFOR teams, and instead placed two 2-medic teams immediately adjacent to the BLUFOR squaddies. The only time those medics ever healed anyone was if their team-mate was downed (or themselves, if they were wounded but not incapacitated).

Very odd - I don't understand why isolated teams of OPFOR medics rush to treat injured OPFOR but BLUFOR medics ignore all wounded outside their team.

Occurs to me to try switching sides for some tests; however as I see the same with tests set up in A2 as well as CO (the latter either with A2 or OA units) it seems unlikely it would be different. If it is, of course I'll post.

BR

Orcinus

However medics from other allied teams do not attend to any wounded units (though the OPFOR medics do treat wounded RU units).

Very odd - I don't understand why isolated teams of OPFOR medics rush to treat injured OPFOR but BLUFOR medics ignore all wounded outside their team.

My addon uses the standard interaction "medic-wounded". You can check it without my addon. Picture will be same. Medics do not heal allied units, even they are close to the allied squad. All what I can do - increase priority of medics in my addon. I already add this feature in new version. Now if squad have medic and they found allied wounded, then squad leader will send medic instead nearest squad memeber, as it was before.

My addon uses the standard interaction "medic-wounded". You can check it without my addon. Picture will be same. Medics do not heal allied units, even they are close to the allied squad. All what I can do - increase priority of medics in my addon. I already add this feature in new version. Now if squad have medic and they found allied wounded, then squad leader will send medic instead nearest squad memeber, as it was before.

Hi DAP

I'm confused:confused:

On 6 July you posted

Originally Posted by Kremator

Hey DAP,

I haven't noticed it yet, but do other friendly troops (NOT part of your team) heal you if close enough to hear 'injured' ?

Yes, they do it But there is some limitations. As "unskilled" units, civilians and guerillas can't heal. They just drag wounded unit in safe place and leave him for medic. Only units from civilians and guerrillas side, with attendant=1 in config, can heal wounded units.

& on 18 July:

Not only medics. ANY friendly unit (even crew of land vehicles), who trained to first aid (any regular soldier) can help you. This feature added specially for one situation: you are wounded, but your squad have no free units to help you (they support any other units or they wounded too). But near you stay some friendly soldiers from other squad. Now they will help you. In earlier versions they just stay near, until you die or stay alone in your squad.

& now you say "Medics do not heal allied units, even they are close to the allied squad."

Now I don't know which is correct (or if I've misunderstood your latest post)

This, for me, would be a brilliant development. Lying on the ground incapacitated with no team mate left standing & watching other teams' medics walk past has always bugged me; medics invariably ignoring wounded comrades unless they are in the same team has always seemed completely unrealistic.

That's what still seems to happen (with the script version, anyway) as far as BLUFOR units are concerned (tested by removing all medics from allied teams & adding-in several two-man medic teams) but not OPFOR enemies (tested in an identical fashion).

Hmm - there are addons like SLX (and, IIRC, GL4) that display a square red box on the map with a "wounded [unit name]" label. Sometimes these are hundreds of meters away. Presumably (since the AI always knows where every unit is & what their state is) these addons are accessing the relevant information.

I can't script worth a damn (yet - ask me again in a year or two.. or three) but if that state information is capable of being accessed to put an icon on the map, could it not also be used to check whether an allied medic is within range (say 100 or 200 meters) and give that medic a "heal" order? - with priority perhaps for those allied wounded who are closest. The check wouldn't run continuously (which would likely slow down the game) but say every 2 or 3 minutes, with some sort of randomisation at the start so it doesn't run on every medic during each loop-through.

BR

Orcinus

This, for me, would be a brilliant development. Lying on the ground incapacitated with no team mate left standing & watching other teams' medics walk past has always bugged me; medics invariably ignoring wounded comrades unless they are in the same team has always seemed completely unrealistic.

That's what still seems to happen (with the script version, anyway) as far as BLUFOR units are concerned (tested by removing all medics from allied teams & adding-in several two-man medic teams) but not OPFOR enemies (tested in an identical fashion).

Hmm - there are addons like SLX (and, IIRC, GL4) that display a square red box on the map with a "wounded [unit name]" label. Sometimes these are hundreds of meters away. Presumably (since the AI always knows where every unit is & what their state is) these addons are accessing the relevant information.

I can't script worth a damn (yet - ask me again in a year or two.. or three) but if that state information is capable of being accessed to put an icon on the map, could it not also be used to check whether an allied medic is within range (say 100 or 200 meters) and give that medic a "heal" order? - with priority perhaps for those allied wounded who are closest. The check wouldn't run continuously (which would likely slow down the game) but say every 2 or 3 minutes, with some sort of randomisation at the start so it doesn't run on every medic during each loop-through.

This is exactly how it works in my addon :) Unfortunately in current state AI often "stuck" in combat behaviour and "heal" and "move" orders have low priority than "fire".

About confusing:

Version 4.6:

- Changed: Civilians and guerrillas can support wounded units.

I bring back this feature, so now they can heal you, if you are friendly. About distance:

distance limitations works only for units not from your squad. Your squad always knows where you are and what happens with you. But friendly units from other squad must find you before. Also it works as "compensator" for better perfomance. And, of course, no one will run 100 or 200 meters under fire during combat.

This mod compateble with ACE Wounds???

No. They don't works together. Or my addon, or ACE Wounds. Because they do same work but by different methods and it can cause weird collisions and bugs.

Edited by DAP

well ive found out that this mod only works for me with ACE disabled so it seems to be a compatibility issue.

ADDON UPDATED

Version 4.6.1

Changelog:

- Fixed: Some animation bugs.

- Fixed: Addon not works with ACE2.

- Added: SLX Wounds check.

- Changed: Configs for script version.

- Improved: Medic priority. (If squad have medic and they found allied wounded, then squad leader will send medic instead nearest squad memeber)

Note: All links updated.

Edited by DAP

maby try can be worth trying to combine just the animation?

maby try can be worth trying to combine just the animation?

How and Why? Because intervention in the original script can cause serious bugs and lags on both scripts(especially if one of scripts was changed with update). This is not good, right? Also. Why? ACE Wounds and my addon works by different methods, if you like ACE Wounds - just add this module in mission, if you like my addon - then just remove ACE Wounds and add my addon (if it wasn't added before).