Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Arma 2 - ai first aid support

Like the new effects (although heart sound is maybe too loud ?) ..... what about slowing the heart rate as you start to bleed out until flatline sound (beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep)

Calling with H for instance was meant to be for units NOT for humans to be called but for AI to run to you (if far away)

Man,.. is that the heart beat sounds I sent you? also the screaming? So many sounds I sent you im not sure! but that heart beat is from my source! so why no credits? lol

Like the new effects (although heart sound is maybe too loud ?) ..... what about slowing the heart rate as you start to bleed out until flatline sound (beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep)

Calling with H for instance was meant to be for units NOT for humans to be called but for AI to run to you (if far away)

Temporally increase range of search? But there are some problems. Search works like selector of nearest units. There are some conditions, which determine one unit, who will be heal wounded unit. If increase range of search, then it increase number of units in search array and time of script work. Also it give additional load for CPU. So all of this can decrease number of runned scripts in one time. Anyway... your squad always knows your state. Even you in long range of them.

About "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep".. :) Do you think that heart rate sensor included in soldier's standart pack of equipment? :)

Man,.. is that the heart beat sounds I sent you? also the screaming? So many sounds I sent you im not sure! but that heart beat is from my source! so why no credits? lol

I should disappoint you :D All those sounds not from your sources :p

Edited by DAP

I dont know about you but I don't normally hear my heartbeat THAT loud :)

Was using artisitic licence to show that you are dead.

Kpp up the good work mate.

I should disappoint you :D All those sounds not from your sources :p

Doesnt matter mate, like I said I wasnt sure... ive actually lost or cant find that sound now anyways to even hear it to tell the difference... no worries sorry if its a mistake :)

Maybe heart beat is a little loud, but that and the visual element realy gives you a sense of being cut off from surrounding with a distance and that pure focus of "getting lost inside yourself" feeling.

Maybe heart beat is a little loud, but that and the visual element realy gives you a sense of being cut off from surrounding with a distance and that pure focus of "getting lost inside yourself" feeling.

Heartbeat sound is fine :) Just max sound volume in record :)

ADDON UPDATED

Version 4.2

Changelog:

- Fixed: Animations bugs (Enemy units stay lie down on back after they was healed.).

- Fixed: Minor errors

- Added: "Identification" variable for addon - DAP_AIFAS. When it equal 1, then addon is runned.

- Added: New visual FX (When player is wounded).

- Changed: Different animations for armed and unarmed units.

Note: All links updated.

Edited by DAP

ADDON UPDATED

Version 4.3

Changelog:

- Fixed: Animation bug (When soldier gets wound while he drags wounded).

- Added: Visual FX when player get hit.

- Added: New identificator for unit, which mark this unit as unit with assigned scripts: "DAP_WOUNDS_ACTIVATED".

- Added: Script-version of addon. (Demo mission)

Script-version:

For correctly work need two conditions:

- string #include "DAPMAN\Config.hpp" - in Description.ext (Root mission folder)

- string [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; - in Init.sqf (Root mission folder)

You can change value "AllUnits" to any units array. Then this script will work only for selected units.

Also you can use this string for new created units during mission

Example:

_squad = ["US_Soldier_SL_EP1","US_Soldier_HAT_EP1","US_Soldier_AR_EP1","US_Soldier_EP1","US_Soldier_EP1"]; 

_group = [color="Red"]createGroup[/color] WEST;

_n=0;
_count= ([color="Red"]count[/color](_squad));
_spawnpos = [color="Red"]getMarkerPos[/color] "respawn_west";

_squad [color="Red"]select[/color] 0 [color="Red"]createUnit[/color] [_spawnpos, _group,"", 0.45, "LIEUTENANT"];
[color="Blue"]while[/color] {(_n<_count)} [color="Blue"]do[/color] 
{
_n=_n+1;
_unitType = _squad [color="Red"]select[/color] _n;
_unitType [color="Red"]createUnit[/color] [_spawnpos, _group];
};

[(units _group)] [color="Red"]execVM[/color] "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; - this string run script, which assign wound-scripts for new created units.

Note: All links updated.

Edited by DAP

is there a way to implentement this into DAC? Or will DAC AI Behaviour overwrite the First Aid Sequences?

is there a way to implentement this into DAC? Or will DAC AI Behaviour overwrite the First Aid Sequences?

Actually this addon not tested with DAC. But I don't think that it can cause any conflicts. This addon controls all actions only by scripts. Also this addon uses standart interactions between units (like order "Heal him" from squad leader) and "current" behaviour policy, whatever it is. Better decision with DAC - AUTO version: all generated units will be already with addon's event handler.

Ok dude, will try with out AUTO. I will report back if I found any issues - love your work, gives a part of atmosphere and a tactical gadget for realism coop events in my opinion

Well it works without any problems combined with DAC :)

But theres still a problem :/ which is maybe pretty tough to sort out.

I'm using DAC on MCC Maps - just because I love the few features of MCC which I really don't wanna miss. But also I don't need either one of the MCC AI Spawn zones or any AI Scripts here.

I'm sure - because I tried it - that DAPMAN won't work with MCC. Seems to be a script blockade or something. I'm not that into script so I could find it out asap.

Is there a way that I can give out the mission folder of mine which contains mcc - so you or anybody else could check where the issue lies? Would be awesome because I'm really in need to use DAPMAN for my mission because it rocks!

greets Falke

Well it works without any problems combined with DAC :)

But theres still a problem :/ which is maybe pretty tough to sort out.

I'm using DAC on MCC Maps - just because I love the few features of MCC which I really don't wanna miss. But also I don't need either one of the MCC AI Spawn zones or any AI Scripts here.

I'm sure - because I tried it - that DAPMAN won't work with MCC. Seems to be a script blockade or something. I'm not that into script so I could find it out asap.

Is there a way that I can give out the mission folder of mine which contains mcc - so you or anybody else could check where the issue lies? Would be awesome because I'm really in need to use DAPMAN for my mission because it rocks!

greets Falke

MCC requires ACE. And, I guess, MCC uses ACE wounds system :) I set condition, with disabling this addon, when ACE wounds system is detected.

@falke - Virtual Training System (VTS) does the same kind of things as MCC and you can implement DAP's first aid without a problem. Of course it doesn't use ACE and therefore there would be no conflict!

Well Kremator I can't find anything bout VTS via google so I don't really have a clue what you mean, sorry.

If I can implement DAP without a prob, why it wont work :P ?

will try DAP's idea of disabling that ace wound system within the map -

Just hope it wont disable THE wound system which is used by most of the coop players for first aiding themselves from medic players via ACE Interaction menu?

If I can implement DAP without a prob, why it wont work :P ?

:D Because I set small check in script for avoiding any collisions with other scripts, which do same work but use other methods :)

will try DAP's idea of disabling that ace wound system within the map -

Just hope it wont disable THE wound system which is used by most of the coop players for first aiding themselves from medic players via ACE Interaction menu?

Unfortunately this works like "or/or". Because ACE wounds system and my script do same work, but use different methods, as I said before. This is can cause collisions and weird bugs.

hm yea I just tried and saw that if I disable ace wound system - DAPMAN works fine - but I can't use any of the ACE2 medic features anymore which I can't renounce of :(

@ Kremator - thx

-

Hm is there any way to let ACE Wound System and DAPMAN work simultanously?

Like let DAPMAN only be affected at AI enemys - and let player units still be able to use the hole of ACE Wound System.

Because I love the fact that DAPMAN will slightly add a feature here for me which grants more tactical use of pressure against enemy (AI) Units.

If my squad smashes the enemy with firepower there should be always the sense of hit and kill - more the way of hit and disable the enemy.

DAPMAN would really add this feature for me - because an hit enemy causes way more problems for the enemy squad then a dead (like in real life a screaming buddy would demoralise the squad and force them to care about him).

I would muchos appreciatos that if theres a way to use it that way :]

Is this mod now compatible with smk_anims? That set of body animations are not only superb, but also highly used, and the last time I tried this very promising mod, it made SMK's mod not work, and we were stuck with BIS' default animations.

Is this mod now compatible with smk_anims? That set of body animations are not only superb, but also highly used, and the last time I tried this very promising mod, it made SMK's mod not work, and we were stuck with BIS' default animations.

Last version full compatible with SMK animations.

Last version full compatible with SMK animations.

YESSSSSS!!! :yay:

Downloading and installing today! Thanks for the speedy reply.

DAP, my AI (and I) are still dying instead of being revived. Is this meant to happen?

DAP, my AI (and I) are still dying instead of being revived. Is this meant to happen?

Wounded units got first aid, but die after? Or they just don't move to the wounded units? I just tested all versions - all fine. Even in middle of combat. Maybe little slow, but AI does their job. Maybe some conflicts with other scripts or mods? Like ACE or SLX.