Sign in to follow this  
Sid

Battlefield 1942

Think - Operation Flashpoing, just WWII.

Almsot like MOA:AA, but with somthing called REALISM! It's BETTER than WWII Online, AND FREE.

Just search it using Google, or go to gamespot's main page, click the "pc" tab at the side, and look for Battlefield 1942.

Sorry for adverstising, but I think you guys will like this.

(Just some features to get you exitd)

-Subs

-Battleships (ALL CONTRROLLABE)

-Bombers, Fighters TRANSPORT planes

-Tanks, cars, jeeps, turrets

-Binoculars, pistols, knifes, MG, Rifles....

WAY more, to much to list

(oh yeah, MUlTIPLAYEr. With, (So they say) a join-in-progress)

Soorry for advertising, but, but....

....meow.

Just check it out, I know you'll like it.

(Still in Development, Currently some trailers AND videos, LOTS of screenies of IN GAME footage ) smile.gif

if it sounds too good to be true it usually lags like a bitch...

lol, to true, to true.

But how do we know that?

The graphics are Almost SLIGHTLY better (In some parts, it has its ups and downs compared to flashpoint)

How should you know anyways? beta tester? Work for "Battlefield 1942 Game Develepors and all tese d00ds that make stuff" inc. ?

lol.

Nah, it woudn't be laggy. So far, it has HUGE maps ( just a PINTHC smaller than flashpoint, the graphics look one step below MOH:AA and one step above Half-Life)

infantry firing, tank battles, aircraft fighting, bombers bombing, battleships bombarding, either gonna lag like hell or gonna take a hell of a host machine

Is that all you worry about, Multiplayer?

With a Max of ... well i don't know the max, but htink of TRIBES2!

=P

Anyways, i thin its gonna work out. (oh, and you can also be a gunnr on the Bomber-Planes)

looks pretty good. Im still slightly concerned about that radar in the top right hand corner...

but some of the action looks pretty good. Id say it might be a nice diversion, at least for a while, from OFP

ive read a preview and interview aparrently the game is designed for mp.

Gosh, this sounds a lot like WWII Online and damn if that wasn't a fine game lol. I guess I'll wait and see.

COLINMAN

Although this is totally Offtopic, here some key features of the game:

Machines of War. Other games force you to choose from a machine gun, rifle, grenade, or pistol as you enter a combat zone. Battlefield 1942 also lets you get behind the wheel of 35 historically accurate WWII vehicles and fight a raging battle on land, sea or air! Pilot a heavy bomber over the drop zone or engage in a dogfight in a swift fighter. Fire the guns of a mighty battleship or prowl the sea-lanes in a silent submarine. Charge across the desert in a powerful tank or transport troops into the heat of battle in an armored APC. The outcome of the battle depends upon the choices you make.

Battle Online. Go online with up to 64 players to take part in a raging battle that requires teamwork and cooperation from each member in order to achieve victory.

Choose Your Side. Enter the war as a soldier in one of five different armies - US, German, British, Russian, or Japanese.

Specialized Character Kits. Enter the battle as one of five specialized character classes - assault, medic, scout, anti-tank, engineer - each with unique strengths and weaknesses.

Arm Yourself for Action! Choose from 19 authentic WWII handheld weapons to take into battle, including 2 stationary machine guns.

A Global Conflict. Wage war across 16 huge, highly detailed maps from 4 WWII theaters - North Africa, South Asia Pacific, Western Europe and Eastern Europe.

Unlimited Action. 3 multiplayer modes - Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Conquest -- as well as a robust single player experience.

In all according to this announcement from the EA site, it will have more vehicles, weapons and maps than OFP. The graphics have been polished over the last months as it seems, looking better than OFP graphics, especially sky and water. The only thing really disturbing me is that this game is set in WW2, i can´t imagine anything more boring than another WW2 game, but thats personal preference.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Almsot like MOA:AA, but with somthing called REALISM! It's BETTER than WWII Online, AND FREE.<span id='postcolor'>

Not sure about either of these claims. Last articles I've read put the game firmly on the arcade side of things. Not strictly unrealistic but certainly simplified. As for free, its a retail product. Playing online may be free but the game sure isn't.

That said I've been kind of looking forward to it myself. It is a multiplayer game by default but like UT and QIII it should have full bot support for offline play.

Its certainly no challenger to OFP but from all I've read it should be a lot of fun if it works as planned.

If it has crosshairs, then it surely will have running and gunnning. and that sux.

This game is not going to be realistic!

THe level of realism gonna be on the level of Counterstrike for infantry, and Comanche 4 for air units (or something like that)

Developers said heaps of times that they're not making a realistic game!

Ya... From what ive seen and heard its gonna suck.... for me anyway. The infanty aspect is not gonna be half as good as OFP.... although i think the air will be better than ofp.... could be cool trying to land a plane on a carrier biggrin.gif

Anyway... or saw this video a couple of months ago, where a guy didnt die before he was hit like 30 times.

1 more thing, the buildings might look higher detail than ofp... but thats only 1 small place on the map. The islands simply arent made for infantry combat, and there wont be much bushes and trees to hide in and stuff..

For the realism thing, well.... They implemented a feature so you can be more than one in vehicles (rear gunner fx), the disturbing thing is, i read somewhere that you can actually embark as a gunner by hitting a key when the plane is strafing really near you.

But yea, they are trying to make an arcade game, which i think will be fun.... But it just doesnt suit my needs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ May 09 2002,10:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This game is not going to be realistic!<span id='postcolor'>

Well, neither is OFP for most parts. In the end all that counts is fun.

Let's not get too hyped until we see the final product...

BF1942 is a SIM.. WW2Online is a simulation. please dont say its better than ww2online before you've tried it! than i'll belive you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">infantry firing, tank battles, aircraft fighting, bombers bombing, battleships bombarding, either gonna lag like hell or gonna take a hell of a host machine <span id='postcolor'>

Why can't you just try to contemplate that its gonna be a good game instead of all "oh its to good to be true" and shit like that. I've been tracking this game along time. It kicks ass if you ask me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Let's not get too hyped until we see the final product... <span id='postcolor'>

Bravo Blake, lets keep it all in perspective until somebody has actually had some hands on experience. Until than its pretty much all guess work.

I'll admit I'm kind of looking forward to it, wishing it was more sim and less arcade but until I've read some reviews and perhaps tried a demo I'm not getting worked up either way.

Who is the developer of that game? I wonder becuase to me, the screenshot with the dogfighting planes (with one smoking) looks oddly like IL2, have they used that game engine and just implemented the other forms of combat?

This game is developed by a Swedish game-company called Digital illusions (DICE).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ May 09 2002,10:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ May 09 2002,10:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This game is not going to be realistic!<span id='postcolor'>

Well, neither is OFP for most parts. In the end all that counts is fun.<span id='postcolor'>

Come on…OFP is way more realistic than this game will be.. ok vehicles in OFP isn’t very realistic but the infantry part is pretty realistic…

From what I know this game is all about fun(if you like run and gun games).. it doesn’t feel like a game where you sneak around like in OFP or GR. My guess is that it will be very much like MOH just that you can use lots of different vehicles.