Sign in to follow this  
maturin

OA Lighting Engine Criticism

I don't know about you, but over here in England, all of the street-lamps are a ghastly Orange colour, and everything does look very orange at night.. So I'd say that's realistic, rather than graphically wrong..

Also, you don't use flat green in a tree because trees aren't a flat green, however light doesn't tend to change colour unless you do something funny with it, so that, also, is realistic.

I don't know about you, but over here in England, all of the street-lamps are a ghastly Orange colour, and everything does look very orange at night.. So I'd say that's realistic, rather than graphically wrong..

Also, you don't use flat green in a tree because trees aren't a flat green, however light doesn't tend to change colour unless you do something funny with it, so that, also, is realistic.

Spot on, looking out my window right now the lovely city of London is glowing bright and orange haha!

I can't see anything technically wrong with the graphics, so maybe some people are either in nitpicking mode, or else their PC's are to blame?

My only non-technical gripe is that the Chernarus landscape is permanently Autumn, resulting in some garish yellowy-red tree foliage which I don't like at all..:)

Good reading:

All tungsten bulbs glow orange.

Please BIS! :p

If u have performance issues with lighting over 10km A2 rather than 300m COD then my upgrade statement is still on the money.

Yeah, I wish we had lighting over 10km. This game doesn't draw muzzle flashes over 250m.

I can't see anything technically wrong with the graphics, so maybe some people are either in nitpicking mode, or else their PC's are to blame?

My only non-technical gripe is that the Chernarus landscape is permanently Autumn, resulting in some garish yellowy-red tree foliage which I don't like at all..:)

Problem solved :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=97347&highlight=chernarus+summer+vegetation

Please BIS! :p

You know, I never actually noticed before that the lightbulbs in ArmA don't glow. Weird :p

Now walk directly under the lamp and look up.

And mosquitos are missing from that lamp... well, I'm just glad I don't play coop on public servers :)

Okay thanks, I just downloaded 'Summertime v 1.0' to desktop, and the following 5 files are in its 'Addons' folder-

summer.gif

Do I simply drag the 5 pbo's into my main AA2 'Addons' folder, and do I drag the 5 Bisign files there too?

There was also a single file called 'communityplants.bikey' with the download, what shall I do with that one?

Also, could I play online with people who haven't got this mod installed?

Okay thanks, I just downloaded 'Summertime v 1.0' to desktop, and the following 5 files are in its 'Addons' folder-

summer.gif

Do I simply drag the 5 pbo's into my main AA2 'Addons' folder, and do I drag the 5 Bisign files there too?

There was also a single file called 'communityplants.bikey' with the download, what shall I do with that one?

Also, could I play online with people who haven't got this mod installed?

No you create a separate addon's folder.

NEVER drag any foreign content into the main ArmA addon folder.