Sign in to follow this  
tsb247

PMC Campaign - Confirmation

I am curious about an aspect of the mission...

I have to destroy some barricades with satchels, and yet there are no satchels to be found anywhere; not in my pack and not in the lead SUV. Is this a bug, or will I be forced to run around, "Thinking bigger," for the whole mission as I have yet to try destroying the barricades with anything else.

Generally, I am one who doesn't like to part with his accurate rifle for those... clumsy but oh-so-much-fun devices. My aim with them is horrible to say the least, and it's a little close quarters.

I had satchels in my back pack. Are you sure you opened the back pack in your inventory?

Yeah they are in your back pack plus SUV has spares, you can do the mission without blowing anything up though.

Slight bug with this, though :

Put down your satchel, then deactivate it. The barricade will disappear, and the objective is validated. Very economic and less dangerous! :)

Ref : http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15526

Edited by whisper

I'm having the same problem. I don't have any in my backpack and the lead SUV does not have any either. I'm glad to hear though that you can complete the mission without them. I've opened all the packs too.

Me too. No satchles in bakcpack and SUV, but I completed this mission anyway.

I think it is a bug. It seems to me that the satchels are randomly generated in your inventory upon the start of the mission. When I played it the first time, I did not have ANY. However, I 'reverted' and started again, and lo-and-behold, there were two in my backpack.

I am thinking that there is some random counter that decides to give you satchels (some number between 0 and maybe 3). Perhaps it should be changed to go between 1 and 3???

Either way, I fixed the issue by restarting the mission. I am glad to see I wasn't alone with the problem though!

There's some bug with their loadStatus/saveStatus usage, I believe, since you'll often find yourself with different weapons than the ones you selected during the startup if you restart the mission. So I wouldn't be surprised if a restart there or a mess-up here would accidentally delete all the satchels from your backpack. :rolleyes: Unfortunately you can't open the missions up to check...

Regards,

Woflrug

1) played with actual beta + ACE + ZeusAI => no satchels neither in backpack nor in suv

2) played vanilla 1.56 => 4 satchels in backpack, didnt look in suv

3) played again 1.56 (no actual beta) + ACE + ZeusAI => 2 satchels in backpack, didnt look in suv

all @ "pmc lite" (not the dlc, just the cp that came with 1.56)

indeed, seems to be randomized, somehow :p

Edited by langgis08

Hi all, my first post here. Thought id give this thread a bump, and check on the mission length....

I too started with no satchel charges....found this thread and so played on.

Thing is, ive been busy kiling for about 2 or 3 hours and seem to be making little progress, the blighters just keep spawning and having destroyed no barricades i see no end in sight....

How long did you guys take, and what is the actual objective here? To get the SUV's to the UN contact? As my map shows no way to clear the path from what i can see, barricade wise.

Thanks in advance.

also, would be nice to see this bug fixed. Its a fun mission, but my enthusiasm is fading...fast.

Thing is, ive been busy kiling for about 2 or 3 hours and seem to be making little progress, the blighters just keep spawning and having destroyed no barricades i see no end in sight....

!!!

When I completed this mission, it took about 20 minutes.

This wasn't down to my exceptional abilities - if I didn't complete a task, then usually one of my team mates would just do it instead. I got the impression I could have just hidden in a corner and let them get on with it.

Makes you wonder just how much of the mission is randomised.

i figured it would take longer as i have no satchels, but im up to 50+ kills, ive just about had enough...

Guess ill just restat the mission and hope i get some charges. Only reason i kept on was that others here report the mission does indeed end.

I presume you had Satchel charges to complete it in 20mins? Gonna do some MP for a while to fend of the madness that was setting in!

Restarted, got satchels and its all going alot better this time ;)