Sign in to follow this  
shark-attack

co5@ Lingor =RTY= BAF Commandos

Played this with a couple of mates this evening. It's very tough, but was good fun. AI squadmates wouldn't revive me though so the more players and the less AI you have , the better.

The Merlin crashed on takeoff halfway through, so we were worried that we wouldn't get transport at the very end, but a second Merlin appeared.

Nice mission, thank you for it.

updated to v 1.5

*Split into 3 missions

*Added Lingor units

*Updated revive

*Reworked AI

*new locations for objectives

see top post for download link

--------------------------------

* Part I - River Raid

Intercepted Narco communications have revealed details of a large shipment of Lingorian blue flake pure cocaine destined for the shores of Europe.

As part of the Royal Navys anti-narcotic task force your team of commandos are tasked with locating and destroying the shipment.

The narcotics are loaded on a fishing boat in the settlement of Pancho and are to be transported to an airstrip for distribution across Europe. A well placed hand grenade should be enough to send the boat along with its deadly cargo to the bottom of the creek.

* Part II- Pinion

Intel recovered from operations in Pancho has revealed the whereabouts of a Narco airfield from where Blueflake is transported to Europe. Raid the Narco's airstrip and close it down, Blow up the Air traffic control tower.

* Part III- Killing Valdez

Notorius cartel leader Valdez Migeul (aka El Matador) is staying at one of his mansions in the islands over seeing the development of a nearby Drugs manufacturing plant.

Assault the mansion grounds and eliminate El Matador. Your team are to also close down the nearby drugs manufacturing plant.

Edited by shark-attack

These were really good fun scenarios of just the right length for small groups, and has just the right amount of pacing and action. Great atmosphere and 'drug cartel' feel to it. Makes great use of the Lingor island and will definately be staying on our server. Nice use of sound samples and clear briefings, which add to the 'feel' with satellitte images etc. That extra bit of attention goes a long way. I'd actually be keen to see more in this series as a larger drugwar campaign!

Only minor criticisms were:

- Mission 1 and crossing the river after destroying the boat - tried at thinnest point but we still lost our weapons by the time we crossed. since then we've resorted to driving around the inlet, but this seems to be not the intended route judging by enemy spawn locations.

- LAW soldier always starts with a LAW launcher but no M136 rockets. And there aren't any in any of the crates. You can access a few in the briefing Gear screen if you remember, but that's it - and many people won't know / check.

- Dying in mission 3 with the satchels, respawning and failing to recover them from your corpse means that upon arriving at the drug factory you are left with no means to destroy the building than go alllllll the way back to the start (guh). A satchel crate nearby may be helpful here.

- Bagpipes (lol) and outro length (long flight path just to reach a random ship and credits to roll on for some time, certainly mission 2).

Tango charlie.

pleased you enjoyed mate, many thanks for taking time to comment. In the river raid missions i placed a footbridge ( not good for AI) and a boathouse with a small boat which can be used to cross the river to get to the extraction point.

(edit.I see what you mean about crossing the river after blowing Narco's boat, it is kind of misleading, you were right to skirt around the inlet and then pick up the trail, swimming is not recommended at any time in the Piranha (never mind the Candiru "toothpick fish") infested waters of Lingor :eek:

I will fix the issues you raised, i also found a few other faults,

missing jpeg in River Raid.

RV point 3 in killing Valdez is not working properly

and there s a misplaced antenna in Pinion

Again many thanks. will post an update

I have more missions against the Lingor cartels in the works, Will get these up to speed first before releasing.

Best wishes shark-attack

Edited by shark-attack

Does anyone know if this mission is compatible with the latest version of Lingor (v1.4) and Lingor Units (v1.3) that were re-released 2 months ago?

Also have there been any updates to this mission? And/or more BAF vs narco missions on Lingor?

Edited by domokun

OK I've given a quick spin and seems to work fine so we'll be trying it out this Wed night.

A couple of points, on startup it mentions "cannot play this mission; dependent on downloaded content missing.ibr_arl" or something like that.

Also as I exited it out it said something missing about house script.sqf

Not sure if that helps you.

Btw the voice acting it top quality.

Spot on mate.

Neither too butch, nor too corny.

Does anyone know if this mission is compatible with the latest version of Lingor (v1.4) and Lingor Units (v1.3) that were re-released 2 months ago?

Also have there been any updates to this mission? And/or more BAF vs narco missions on Lingor?

Been working on these for sometime now similar set up to BAF Commandos. Ill make a mission thread for them.

Narco Wars pt1 Villa Assault

Been working on these for sometime now similar set up to BAF Commandos. Ill make a mission thread for them.

Narco Wars pt1 Villa Assault

Awesome. D'you happen to have a non-ACE version?

Last night our 3-man squad tried Killing Valdez:

+ realistic objectives

+ sensible load-outs

+ distances weren't too far

+ good use of hints for extraction via radio

+ realistic numbers of tangos

+ nice use of limited heals and respawns

- there's a typo on the intro text (suqadron instead of squadron)

- merlin didn't land on HMS Dare, it just hovered over the prow for 2 mins

Looks great except that I'm unable to play because I've encountered the dreaded:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. ibr_arl

Can someone help?

What's really weird is that when I host locally the error message can simply be clicked away.

But when I connected to a local server, the mission refuses to load.

Errr hmm.

Weird eh?

Hi there

Not sure whats happened to be honest. Been a long time since i made these missions.

Ill give them a try a little later this evening, maybe the Lingor update screwed them up.

(You are refering to BAF Commandos missions and not the Narco wars missions ?)

best wishes

shark-attack

Hi there

Not sure whats happened to be honest. Been a long time since i made these missions.

Ill give them a try a little later this evening, maybe the Lingor update screwed them up.

(You are refering to BAF Commandos missions and not the Narco wars missions ?)

best wishes

shark-attack

It's the BAF Commandos missions, that suffers from this problem.

I'd love to try the Narco wars but our clan is allergic to ACE :(

If you have a ACE-free version, I'd be happy to help.

Anyone have any ideas on how to workaround this small but frustrating problem?

OK, tried it out. Indeed it works with BAF Lite and they are very good missions. Really enjoyed.

But wow.......BAF Lite textures are terrible. I don't understand why they did it that way.

But wow.......BAF Lite textures are terrible. I don't understand why they did it that way.

If BIS would not do this that way i don't think so many people willl bought Dlc-s for only small campaigns or few missions, if you can have units in high res textures for free from patch. ;) And how big would be the patches for arma 2 if all stuff from dlc would be in high res? ;)

All missions that are made with full versions of DLC work also with DLC LITE.

Get BAF. It's cheap and prolly BIS' best expansion for OA.

I quite agree that the missions are excellent.

That's why I'd like to resolve the ibr_arl error and enjoy shark attack's other missions (we don't run ACE2).

All my Narco Wars missions start at a boathouse in the ocean ... helicopter/osprey are always underwater. I just take a patrol boat to an insertion point near the objectives and everything else is fine. Except in Narco wars - Part II Charlie Takedown, part of the Narco's airstrip defences are in the ocean as well. I'm running SP and A2OA patch 1.62 - the latest, as far as I know.

BTW ... I don't know why anyone would not get the full BAF expansion. It greatly enhances the user-made mission and gear space.

Edited by MissionCreep

Wrong thread this belongs in Narco wars.

I have had similar reports regarding SP play.

I only tested Narco wars as local host in SP mode .... My mistake.

I am gonna go back to these missions and make seperate versions for SP and CO-OP , i will try to combine the BAF Commandos missions and the Narco wars missions and come up with a mini campaign. I have another 2 Narco wars missions in the pipeline almost ready for release .

I will also make ACE and non ACE versions.

Edited by shark-attack

Yes -my problem is for SP only. Sorry ... I couldn't find the Narco Wars thread - I thought maybe it had been deleted but I see it now. Maybe that's the kind of inattention that keeps getting me killed!

Here's a video of our failed attempt on "Killing Valdez". We got Valdez but an error by me sent us all to our deaths before completing the second objective...