Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

LOL. That's funny

eheh rip, im just waiting the release date for kill u too ;) dont worry...eheh..no, really...im waiting ur release for buy the game..lmao

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

anyway....thats what i like to see http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=4441 ...awesome!!!but....helment decals are not correct...love them anyway

Edited by Babylonjoke

eheh rip, im just waiting the release date for kill u too ;) dont worry...eheh..no, really...im waiting ur release for buy the game..lmao

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

anyway....thats what i like to see http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=4441 ...awesome!!!but....helment decals are not correct...love them anyway

lol When i get a new Rig i'll keep my eye in the scope out for you.

As i understand however,

Those infantry aren't anything to do with us as i remember.

And it's from over a year ago,

And it's for ArmA. :D

But the 101st and 82nd are in there don't you worry.

Brand new ones even.. or at least very updated ones...

101st

1012ar.jpg

1013w.jpg

1st infantry

inf2.jpg

inf3b.jpg

and a german surgents kit..

aid.jpg

Yes I've been away for a long time, for a lot of reasons, so if anyone really wanna know feel free to ask.. sadly one of them means that i lost all of my data from the PA mod and i can't start from the top again.. so I'll be working only on this...

Oh yeah and I promisses Enigma a surpirse.. we can't have you working so hard on all this and not be able to try any of it.. I have a spare computer that runs Arma2. If you'd like, we can figure out how I can ship it to you

Yes I've been away for a long time, for a lot of reasons, so if anyone really wanna know feel free to ask.. sadly one of them means that i lost all of my data from the PA mod and i can't start from the top again.. so I'll be working only on this...

Looking good on the progress there mate.

and the surgeon's kit it a nice touch.

Although i wouldn't like to be on the other end of it.

Field amputation for one :D

And I would like to say I'm glad to have you back with us. :)

Oh yeah and I promises Enigma a surprise.. we can't have you working so hard on all this and not be able to try any of it.. I have a spare computer that runs Arma2. If you'd like, we can figure out how I can ship it to you

Holy crap,

Are you kidding?

A thousand Yes's :D

That would be amazing

hey...1st infantry rocks...but airborne..:confused: they are so unrealistic..they are equal at the first release of the mod...this is not a critics ...just a suggestion...but i prefer gaz work

(on airborne) =(

u should watch this http://www.101airborne.pl/en/photo-galleries/group-maneuvers

Edited by Babylonjoke

Don't worry I'm far from done with those yet.. these are mostly jsut the foundation, I'll keep adding and ajusting untill they are just right

then i cant wait to see work finished =D..anyway...are you trying to get the mod compatible with ace?

Edited by Babylonjoke

The tank interiors rock!

Welcome back Canis...Send me a pm on msn. Thanks for your help, always.

interiors look amazing..

Babylonjoke: neither can I:) and don't worry about being a critic, as long as its constructive, its always welcome and you are right gaz did some amazing 101st models he was kind enough to show me his models to give me some idea about how they should look.

the thing about airborne troops at least for me, is that they are really hard to get just right, there always seems to be something off and I can never really tell what.

canis lupus, i hope the link that i give u will help u...im sure u will do a great work!!!!!anyway ...PzIII E is so fuckin great!

As i understand the mod will not be compatible with A.C.E,

The release will be standalone featuring it's own scripting and improvements over vanilla A2.

We plan to keep expanding the Fields of War experience until the War is covered.

Updating every release with extended content and new features.

Now as a relatively small team including a large amount of content and HUGE map.

scripting everything once again for ACE features is simply too much time spent that could be spent on expanding the mod more.

We will try to include features we feel will benefit the mod and fit in with the time frame.

made some improvements I'll post some screens soon I just can't get Bulldozer to show them right.. don't know how all the other guy's do it

Work in progress continues on Paris...

eiffelwip12a.jpg

eiffelWIPi.jpg

Still much work to do in Paris. The side by side comparison of the real deal vs. our version is misleading. Arma's field of view leads one to believe the top of our tower we built is much narrower then it is. It's not, it's to scale. And as a matter of fact, yes it is 300m tall.

Q&A:

Is the tower functional? Can you climb to the top? Is there elevators? Are you aware during the war they were disabled?

- Yes you can go all the way up. The ultimate ArmA2 sniper platform.

- There are no elevators, as ArmA2 does not have that function.

- Yes we are aware the elevators were disabled...But you have a nice set of ladders to climb

- This is not an exact replica, It's far from as detailed one would expect in real life considering the following factors: FPS, game engine limitations, time contraints, etc.

- Frames do not drop in performace, unless you're running older hardware.

Were closing in on a point where we have made significant progress in many respects. You will see that reflection soon.

Edited by Rip31st

It's part of the original big map.

It's part of the original Gigantic map.

Fixed it for ya! ;)

The tower of unlimited fun ;)

unless you don't count climbing ladders and stairs as fun.

Great work mate.

The tower looks spot-on.

Rip apparently drove a tank off the top of it, so there's always a light at the end of the tunn... erm... ladder.

:p

ok...the tour eiffel is fuckin awesome...okok...but im confused...canis lupus posted some screen of airborne troops...but Rip still using the gaz work of airborne...so enigma was not right when he sed "Those infantry aren't anything to do with us as i remember"...then ...can some one say me what airborne troops will be in the release??!?!?

Intelligence told me they would all look the same as the one on the left and do basejumping in their sparetime...

101st%20airborne%20charging%20german%20positons.jpg

ok...the tour eiffel is fuckin awesome...okok...but im confused...canis lupus posted some screen of airborne troops...but Rip still using the gaz work of airborne...so enigma was not right when he sed "Those infantry aren't anything to do with us as i remember"...then ...can some one say me what airborne troops will be in the release??!?!?

There are many sets to chose from. You get to decide what you use. All of these infantry are community contributions. The base for most of the infantry were created by canis, even the ones I gave to gaz to modify.

That seems to be my bad,

I Wasn't aware of Gaz's work being brought over to Arma 2.

I have no doubt however that Canis will produce some very cool work.

Gaz had worked on his for quite a while before it was shown to the public.

Give Canis time and he can produce something just as good,If not better ;)