Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

If is a great thing! But why will the poland invasion and the west campaign 1940 forget always?

It's not forgotten.

See my sig

Edited by topas

If is a great thing! But why will the poland invasion and the west campaign 1940 forget always?

We have a big 150km² map of Normandy and our first goal is make all campaings/operations which happened in Normandy. Then we can jump on other theatre's as well. Making maps really takes long time. But im sure our v1.00 release keep you busy for a long time btw.

I understood all OA features would come to plain A2 eventually.

Anyway, we already have multi piece portable weaponry. The US 60mm mortar is multi piece and can be carried by one man if required, although it limits the carrying capacity quite a lot so the plate is best carried by a second person. The German 81mm mortar is multi piece too (3 pieces), but all the pieces cannot be carried by a single person at teh same time. For both the ammo should be carried by separate person(s) mostly or by a vehicle.

I think your very wrong about that. If BIS were to port all the features over they would effectively screw themselves, as nobody would have to buy OA.

Who said it would be forgot?

i don't recall hearing that.

Our final goal (obviously a long way down the line)

Is to unite all theaters under the Fields of War banner.

From 1939-1945 all major fronts and armies included

I think your very wrong about that. If BIS were to port all the features over they would effectively screw themselves, as nobody would have to buy OA.

Ok, I might be wrong about that but it remains bit unclear what OA features will be in A2 and what not. After all those OA patches are supposted to come to A2 eventually (so I have understood). I thought OA is basicly a content (map, units) pack. Bit like QG was for A1.

A2 only requirement was chosen to keep the number of players who can enjoy this as high as possible.

I think more people have CO then A2 stand alone (Personal thought. Back to the topic at hand)

A large Normandy map. ^^ Can't wait to see the large amount of improved detail in the cities and see what has changed since the 31st version was released time ago.

A lot more Progress has been made with the map.

In the detailing and the optimization side of things.

some objects have received up to and above 80% optimization allowing us to make the map more detailed at no extra cost to the players FPS ;)

Also the map is getting much more accurate when it comes to area's of interest.

The major towns and cities. (Caen,Paris,Carentan etc) Have been (are being) created as accurately as possible.

More updates to come in the near future

The major towns and cities. (Caen,Paris,Carentan etc) Have been (are being) created as accurately as possible.

What ? With the bridges and monuments ?

It was also no criticism against the team. I thought with it only that up to now with Arma1 or Arma2 still nobody itself at the beginning of the war occupy has. Was intended even as a suggestion!

It was also no criticism against the team. I thought with it only that up to now with Arma1 or Arma2 still nobody itself at the beginning of the war occupy has. Was intended even as a suggestion!

You are right about that Yamato. This point were ignored by every mod team for sure. Maybe making some progress on this theatre will lose us some time but it will be worth and make players more happy who is waiting for this mod.

Guys, easy

This point were ignored by every mod team for sure.

To repeat myself from like 10 posts back - No, the beginning of the war has not been forgotten or ignored. September 1939 events, nazi and soviet invasion of Poland will be covered by a seperate Mod. Works, though slow, are underway. This be assured of ;)

Official info will be given when team's decision is made

Maybe making some progress on this theatre will lose us some time but it will be worth and make players more happy who is waiting for this mod.

Any help or future cooperation welcomed :)

I'm rather curious, if they want to do the whole range of war if they make a series of weapon production, to answer according to season. Not like the MP40 and MP40 as K98k K98k, and so forth. For ACSR,39-45 was also necessary to create several versions to the production period.

Apologize, I wasnt aware of ACSR team.

I'm rather curious, if they want to do the whole range of war if they make a series of weapon production, to answer according to season. Not like the MP40 and MP40 as K98k K98k, and so forth. For ACSR,39-45 was also necessary to create several versions to the production period.

Not entire team but personally im not following historical line within production period. Im making vehicles which people enjoy and never taste before such as Maus, Sturmtiger and Wirbelwind.

Edited by JarmenKeLL

Apologize, I wasnt aware of ACSR team.

To clarify.

ACSR team depicts the Czechoslovak Army - though there is some polish weapons and fortifications done by the ACSR.

The Defensive War of Poland will be recreated by W'39 mod (W standing for Wrzesień - September in polish).

I very much doubt many different weapon model variant will be produced.

We are in Progress drawing up a Main focus list for each side that will be needed to produce a good array of weapons for each force.

It's to the point of having a basic set out for each side.

Rifles,Pistols,SMG's,MG's,Mortars,Grenades & Explosives,AT weapons & Other explosives and finally special weapons (Flamethrowers for example)

this will be filled to the point of having a decent selection of the correct equipment for the time period, But not over populated to the point of Having a model which was 1" shorter in the barrel and featured and new wood colour.

It's a massive undertaking at the minute and going into an overly anal detail mindset is not where we are heading.

We won't be featuring 9 different BF-109 models in 7 different camo schemes

there will BF109's in the camo for the theater in several load outs but only perhaps 1-2 models.

As different theaters come along more camo schemes will be added for that warzone and the collection will start to build,

Things will progress through the months and years.

and more content will be added.

But looking for all versions of Infantry weapons and armor in this mod is only going to dissapoint.

Main versions,Most used,popular.Not

Panzer III Ausf A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N because it's a waste of time.

more variety will lie in different vehicles,

Rather then 12 versions of the same tank.

We are not going to model every little insignificant change in weapons or vehicles. We have enough work to do anyway

Here is some WIP stuff from me guys. Hope everyone likes them.

King Tiger Porsche turret;

porscheturret3.jpg?t=1298147184

porscheturret1.jpg?t=1298147185

porscheturret2.jpg?t=1298147186

Porsche turret was developed on early Tiger II models. After that turret replaced with Henschel turret which has more armor.

Edited by JarmenKeLL

Porsche and Henschel turret;

porschehenschel2.jpg?t=1298147185

porschehenschel.jpg?t=1298147185

Tiger brothers :) King Tiger's and Jagdtiger;

asdgsdfg.jpg?t=1298147171

jasdlkhsadg.jpg?t=1298147183

With its 12,8cm gun this vehicle really unmatched. With 250mm front armor its nearly impossible to kill a Jagdtiger from front armor

jagdadasdasd.jpg?t=1298147182

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Here is some Ju-87 Stuka photos. Still untextured but still good.

From right to left Ju-87 Stuka B-2 (1941) Ju-87 Stuka D-2 (1942) Ju-87 Stuka D-5 (1942) Ju-87 Stuka G-2 (1943)

stukas.jpg?t=1298147661

From left to right Ju-87 Stuka G-2 (1943) Ju-87 Stuka D-5 (1942) Ju-87 Stuka D-2 (1942) Ju-87 Stuka B-2 (1941) ;

stukas2.jpg?t=1298147661

Awesome that's all I can say

Every variant of Stuka's has its own cockpit. Here is B-2 and D-5 variant Cockpit;

cockpit1.jpg?t=1298147663

cockpit3.jpg?t=1298147665

cockpit2.jpg?t=1298147665

Also we planning to add exclusive Stuka diving siren's to. So get ready to be scared :D

Love the cockpits