Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Fields of War: Normandy 1.00 and beyond WIP thread (formerly The 31st Normandy mod)

:D

So when can we play as the French Police officer with all that "french/English" voice chatter!?

:bounce3:

So when can we play as the French Police officer with all that "french/English" voice chatter!?

I can do the voice acting, no problem having an horrible French accent while speaking english :D

When it's done of course

:lurk:

Things that make the mind come alive with ideas...

paris_in_work18.jpg

paris_in_work19.jpg

Okay, I have to ask. Is the tower >_> Destructible? Wouldn't mind changing history -Cough- I mean... hahaha XD

Okay, I have to ask. Is the tower >_> Destructible? Wouldn't mind changing history -Cough- I mean... hahaha XD

At the moment It's wip

So I dunno

;)

Will the Gigant be included eventually?

What? A Géant? Lovely, a lot nicer than the Carrefour :rolleyes:

not something that has been thought of for the current or up coming stages but might come to fruition later down the line.

Sounds good. Another option is the Ju-322 Mammut. It worked, but is an even crazier design than the Gigant. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_Ju_322

It also doesn't quite make sense, as it's got an even larger wingspan and would therefor be harder to land, but I must say it seems like it would be more stable when landing. Instead of hitting the ground hard, tilting, and then cartwheeling across the fields it looks like in the worst case it would snap its landing gear and end up sliding.

Geez guys can't we just release what we already have ;)

Of course! You mentioning that Aqu is interested in the more unique things, like prototypes and the "weird weapons of WWII" type stuff got me thinking about what he might have planned. :D

i think the Gigant would be the more likely out of the two.

Both the powered and glider version but damn......

That's a big Glider.

As i recall i remember flying through formations of Gigants on IL2 sturmovick and blowing them to pieces.

I also destinctly remember thinking that they were too big back then too :D

I don't think the Gigant would really make it in til the eastern front or possibly the desert war.

I can see them fitting a supply role in these theaters.

Still as rip says.

We have plenty to be getting on with for the current and upcoming releases in the future.

idea's for the future are always welcome though ;)

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

Of course! You mentioning that Aqu is interested in the more unique things, like prototypes and the "weird weapons of WWII" type stuff got me thinking about what he might have planned. :D

No, not prototypes, but bit rarer vehicles not used in so large numbers. Bit kind of underdogs what comes to normally featured vehicles in games. I want that they were really used. For example: RSO 01 and 7,5cm PaK40 on it, Me163, Karl Gerat or MG15 infantry version.

About the Giant...currently the only giant is Wurtzburg Riese ('giant').

Little update to the Allied Firepower incoming :)

Vickers1.jpg?t=1299290119

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Carbine-Media-Release.jpg

Sorry for double post wouldn't let me edit :S

Thats the shroud where the water would be for the liquid cooling of the barrel :o But the detail is rather nice. Good work.

Another American firearm today.

This time the M1 Garand,

Widely accepted as one of the best rifles of the war.

Garand-Media-Release.jpg

Nice :)

Say XxEnigmAxX, I'm curious about that Vickers there.

Is your texture based on a RL piece? If yes, could you point me to some referece?

Asking because I always thought these Vickers/Maxim MG's were only painted in plain, solid olive or black (with only some pre-1910 ones having golden or bronze/copper elements).

Thx in advance for clearing this up for me

You are correct usually it was plain black or olive.

But after use in battle and movement through terrain i would imagine it got scratched and scuffed up.

A2558.jpg

Guess our version was REALLY extensively used :D

I'll mention it to the team though.

looks like it could do with a bit of a field painting to cover the bare metal :)

No offence meant, but yes...It kinda looks more like a museum piece :)

But at least it looks interesting this way. :) Have to admit it's quite boring when it's perfectly clean (was my thought when I finished texturing our CKM)

Yeah i think there is a fine line between looking good and being realistic.

I don't mind the worn look,

others will argue that the gunner would have been chewed out for improper upkeep of his weapon ;)