Sign in to follow this  
DarkLight

Dutch pim fortuyn killed

Just heard the news, he was killed one hour ago. He is officially dead, they tryed to save him but it was impossible. He got hit by 1 bullet above the left ear, one in the neck and 1 in the chest. More will follow.

Jeez!

cant say he was my favourite type of guy ever.... but wow

dead.......

i saw him in an interview only about two days ago.....

and now hes dead.

Gosh.

Yea, I heard it just after he got shot...I never thought this could happen in our country though sad.gif . I'm deeply shocked...I thought we lived in a democracy...this proves otherwose. If a man can't even openly declare his opinion (how bad it may be) without getting killed, I really ask you where europe/us is coming to (11th september, School shootings in Germany, Pim Fortuyn shot) confused.gif. I can't say I agreed with what he said, but he certainly didn't deserve to get shot for this. I hope they get that bastard who shot him and lock him up for the rest of his life. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RedStorm @ May 06 2002,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope they get that bastard who shot him and lock him up for the rest of his life. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

no...show him peter pan...

/tries to put some black humor in

If the gunman turns out to be a immigrant this will have horrible consequences. I have allready heard of riots in rotterdam. Some immigrants are allready partying on their own forums. I hope that this country doesnt go to hell under my eyes.

Damn..

I hated the guy, even was thinking about killing him myself, BUT... It wouldn't help, just mailing that to a friend in Bangladesh when I heard the news. If Fortuyn would die, he'd only get more popular. Now some other guy will follow him in his tracks, people will think fortuyn is a hero. Just because he's shot dead. The only good way to defeat him was IN politics. Just by proving he was wrong. He'd have done it himself, if he'd been voted. What he tried to 'give' the people was impossible. You can't improve education and healthcare with less funding. It's impossible to get all 'foreign dutch people' out of the country. Everybody would have understood that if Fortuyn would've got into politics. He'd have made a fool out of himself. Only if he would have become powerfull and would sort of become like Hitler, ok, then i'd have tried to kill him myself, but this was totally useless. Stupid.. STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Whoever did this, I hate him.

BTWm i have the feeling we're the generation that'll see the whole world really fucked up (ok, maybe not a world war).

Democracy is going down everywhere.

So i think yes, we'll see our country go to hell under our eyes, but also the whole world around us too (i'd rather not say it'll go down with us, for that sounds like Holland is going to destroy the world).

America with it's anti-terrorist war won't help to stop it, for their own social care is becoming a total mess too. If they wan't to save the world, they'd be smart to start at home.

Sorry, i've got a bad mood mad.gif

Have the feeling i hate everything around me.

I won't shed any tears for him. The bad thing is that this might get sympathy votes for his party in the elections next week. On the long term.. one less Nazi in Europe is not too bad.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ May 06 2002,19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The bad thing is that this might get sympathy votes for his party in the elections next week.<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly, and that is why it's very stupid that he was killed. Like many other ppl said, whatever a person thinks, he has the right to have an oppinion. This world really isn't doing very well... who knows what comes next.... confused.gif

PS: Oh well, just keep smilin' biggrin.gif

He may have been killed by a member of the party, as he was openly gay it opens the way for a harder line on social issues...Watch out for his successor, I bet he is a REAL extremist.

he was a dick but didnt deserve this.

R.I.P Pim

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ May 06 2002,20:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">he was openly gay<span id='postcolor'>

wow...a rightwing AND gay....surprising..didn't know that... here i US, rightwings(Republicans) tend to hate gays. mad.gif

Yes, his party is very new and quite liberal on social matters.

I suspect this may have been a dangerous conflict with the real far right.

He was one of the most dangerous kind of hatemongerers, namely one who himself was a victim of hate.

I can't say it changes a whole lot, it was only a matter of time before someone fell victim to the tension in Europe.

I'm glad it didn't happen in Denmark, although a couple of politicians here are be likely candidates for something similar I'm afraid.

He will be a most peculiar martyr.

fortuyn.jpg

One man, one opinion.

It was not only a atack to his live, but also to our democracy.

What the hell, are you talking about! Pim Fortuyn wasn't a nazi,guys who say he is, suck! Pim Fortuyn was a good nice man, and he wasn't a RACIST, He didn't hate Immigrants, ( Like I hate arabic immigrants,)!

I was going to vote for him. He had new bright ideas, and i wanted to see how he would had handled the problems here in Holland. He wasn't a racist, but the other politicians made the people believe he was. He was going to be a great leader and i think it is too bad that some jerk shot him.

04-05; commemoration day

05-05; liberation day

06-05; end of freedom of speech

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Toolman @ May 07 2002,11:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">( Like I hate arabic immigrants,)!<span id='postcolor'>

mad.gif One of my friends is an arab.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Toolman @ May 07 2002,10:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the hell, are you talking about! Pim Fortuyn wasn't a nazi,guys who say he is, suck! Pim Fortuyn was a good nice man, and he wasn't a RACIST, He didn't hate Immigrants, ( Like I hate arabic immigrants,)!<span id='postcolor'>

From your other thread:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The potential Prime minister of The Netherlands, have been gunned down, by an Idiotic ( Probably Muslim) madman, after the PVDA,( an Leftish pro-muslim organisation) has said for nearly 6 months, that Pim Fortuyn was an dangerous man, <span id='postcolor'>

You mean to say that he wasnt nazi and racist enough for you. Please crawl back under the rock you slithered under from.

I dont know anything about this man or what he stands for. I fear though that he has recieved the same treatment as so many other nationalist politicians and parties. Here, in Sweden, if any politician critizises the immigration policy openly a nice title is placed infront of his name everytime he is mentioned in media, "invandrarfientlig" (immigration hostile which often is tied to racist here in Sweden). Its the medias and established politicians way of undermining newcomers. And it works. Even if they arent racists people will assume they are.

The scariest thing is that most European nations aparantly has issues with immigrants and the established parties are denying it. Any newcomer who points it out is labelled as nazi or racist (sure, there are those to. But not everyone critizising immigrants and immigration policy is a racist).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ May 07 2002,11:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Read in an article that the shooter was extreme leftwing...<span id='postcolor'>

Oops. Maybe he was disguised as and extreme leftwing. tounge.gif