Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

C-130 spectrum

Well...I decided to build the Spectrum c-130, that means the gunship version. The hercules was too much of a chinook for me. i've finished modelling the outside, the proppellers are working, and the 30mm cannon is working, but the bomb shells still need work, and of course, the cockpit. It'll be a hell of a challenge for me to make it to a suitable size, but i'll get there with a little work. If the size matter is an everlasting problem, then i'll design the plane fo inside views and make the cockpit look increadible. Stage 1 and 2 were probably like this:

oxy2.JPG

oxy1.JPG

But don't get too excited, the plane need A LOT of work. smile.gif

sorry...spectre. i keep getting mixed up. smile.gif

actually the AC-130 carries a 20mm vulcan, 40mm chaingun and 105mm howitzer i believe.

hopefully, it will be a gunship and a transport plane. smile.gif

And how will it work if we are only allowed one gunner in a vehicle? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ May 06 2002,05:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And how will it work if we are only allowed one gunner in a vehicle?   confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

easy. just stick them all out of one side. vehicles already have multiple weapons and firing points

You can only have one moving weapon per vehicle. Look at all the tanks. The main cannon can be moved, up and down, but when you rotate it's the turret that moves. And the MG on tanks is coax mounted with the main cannon. It can't be moved.

And on the choppers of the game: The attack choppers have the moving 30mm, but the rocket+missile launchers are all fixed. The UH-60MG has one movable gun.

Ah, what I'm trying to say is: The AC-130 would be impossible to make, since it has several cannons + guns that needs to be moved and aimed. This can't be done...

combine the 20mm and the 40mm and then have the 105 unaimable

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ May 06 2002,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ah, what I'm trying to say is: The AC-130 would be impossible to make, since it has several cannons + guns that needs to be moved and aimed. This can't be done...<span id='postcolor'>

As I said. If the 105 is to be unaimable, then why have it at all? If you can't aim it, you can't use it.

"Combine" the 20 and 40mm? How where you planning on achieving this?

Hmm, look at the older Flashpoint pictures (press version) and you'll see that M60 tank had two moving guns, main cannon and MG, I wonder how they done that.

Have it so you select the weapon with the space bar. Not realistic, but it may be a solution. Like with tanks, select Sabot, Heat, or MG.

just make them one weapon and mount the images together. that's what the PBR does. then just get the fire rate so it's equal to both of them etc.

it's a 105...you don't need to hit them in the head to wreak havoc and it also keeps balance so people don't just circle the enemy base shelling it until everyone leaves

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder @ May 06 2002,05:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Have it so you select the weapon with the space bar. Not realistic, but it may be a solution. Like with tanks, select Sabot, Heat, or MG.<span id='postcolor'>

i didn't think of that

same movable weapon but just with a "reload 40mm" or "reload 20mm" feature

This is how an unaimable 105 would look:

|

-------

|

This means you would have to fly the plane directly above your target, and tilt it so that the cannon is aimed downwards.

Or you could try to be at the same level as your target.

Either way, it's damn hard to do.

EDIT:

And that 40mm/20mm solution sounds nice. I think it could work. Otherwise you could just make two 40mm and use them as the guns on the Pibber.

Exactly, works for the bmp-2 and M2A2.

The ammo comes from a different place, except all weapons are pointed in the same direction (can't fire all at once).

just have it tilted downwards by default, if you have to tilt a little so be it.

it's all possible, it just takes a little work

the PBR has an image of 2 weapons that act as 1

follow that idea, model the 40mm and the 20mm and mount it as one weapon.

the BMP-2 has HE and AP rounds for it's gun. use this concept. 1 round type is the 20mm HE or whatever type it carries, the other say 40mm AP.

the 105 unguided but you might have to tilt, you'll live. just like a slow firing rocket pod.

well...if i make a plane just like the c-27, i might be smaller than the c-130. smile.gif

i'm not sure about the specs but it looks like that C-27 might barely fit on the runways in OFP but i'm probably wrong wink.gif

hmmm...don't you think that the c-27 is a little shorter than the c-130? smile.gif