Sign in to follow this  
single shot

best place to download baf

hello all just wondering where is best place to download from steam or sproket have not downloaded game from web before

i guess im looking for whitch is the easyest to download and install

thx in advance

If you don't have the Steam version of OA, then you can't get the steam version of BAF, and based on your "have not downloaded game from web before" comment, I guess you dont have the steam version of OA. So use Sprocket.

thx bro ;)

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

ok downloaded from gamersgate had trouble regestering with sproket

were did my game download 2 i cannot find it lol

thx in advance

I think Bohemia are missing a trick here.

I'm all for supporting Sprocket, but also ended up using GamersGate for BAF after hearing how long it was taking for people to DL from the Sprocket servers (at such heady speeds as 4kb/s). GamersGate DLd it within ten minutes @ the maximum rate my connection allows.

Edit: The file you download for BAF has a rather unclear name, such as just 'click to install' (I'm not on the right PC to check). Do a search for 'GamersGate' and you should find it - iirc that's what the parent folder is called.

Edited by Richey79

did you heard about slow sprocket download speeds or actually tested it ?

considering there were added servers for download just on BAF release and since nobody had issues ...

also people need realize there are 2 ways how download from sprocket either via the downloader or via browser ...

servers sits on 1gbit lines so i doubt it can be 4kbps slow :)

also anyone can test the download by downloading Fish Fillets 1 for free

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=27

I got it from Sprocket and it was all right - I had some issues with credit card payment but eventually it got sorted out and the DL was all right. I got the original game from Direct2Drive and I can recommend both of these services.

considering there were added servers for download just on BAF release and since nobody had issues ...

also people need realize there are 2 ways how download from sprocket either via the downloader or via browser ...

servers sits on 1gbit lines so i doubt it can be 4kbps slow :)

also anyone can test the download by downloading Fish Fillets 1 for free

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=27

Agreed. I bought and downloaded BAF from Sprocket in 20 minutes yesterday at a speed of 400kbps. :yay:

Yeah same here. Got it here into my house at max speed, I just waited a few days with downloading it after release to let those who could not wait get it at 4kb/s.

I assume those who report slow downloadspeeds are those who suffered from the popularity of BAF at release where the whole world who pre-ordered was downloading at the same time. I mean at some point you cant offer a faster download if thoussand of people request the same file(s), but that seems to be a point most people dont understand.

Well I got DVD version, so I had to buy it from sprocket, and it was really easy, secure, and download was fast enough for me. :)

I got it from sprocket day of, and it went quite smoothly. Friend got it a few days after and it was blazing fast.

OA on release day was a bit more skittish, but it was a much larger download so the turnover was much slower. Even then, as the initial rush died down, the speeds climbed steadily.

I have downloaded everything (ArmA2, OA, and BAF) from Sprocket.

The download was fast, installation went smooth, no problems at all.

So for me, Sprocket is the only way ;-)

Downloading from Sprocket is actually really fast, proof:

http://i54.tinypic.com/rmvfap.jpg

BAF is only 368mb? :eek:

wow. I was expecting in the 1gig range.

Now I have more reason to download BAF.

My internet is shitty and I dont get much download allowance a month.

Good to hear from folks that it's improved since experiences with OA.

I'll probably come back to Sprocket next time, then.

well i downloaded from gamersgate (had trouble registering with sproket im old lol)

anyway had no trouble downloading ao or baf seemed to work fine

thx for the help. cya on the battlefield

xD I never experienced a registration easier than with sprocket. I didn't get full downloadspeed. "Only" 1,3MB/s. Fast enough though.

I got it from gamers gate, im from Australia and it's cheaper from gamers gate ($10 Au or US its all most the same for both now)