Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Graphic Problems

Well I purchased a HD 5850 Saphire Toxic and have some strange Graphic Issues I can´t solve.

1: I dont have vehicle shadows

Yes I have shadow quality set to high and everything looks fine and beautifull, exept the vehicle shadows, I simply dont have any. If I sit in a car or something I can see my own shadow on the ground from 3rd Person, but no shadow of the vehicle.

2: I have a red line at the top and on the left side of the Picture

I would be happy if someone has an solution for this :o

Hi there I find I get graphical problems if I set my video memory in the game to default.

Whats yours at?.Go through them all till it works?.

As for the red line I swear I had this when I messed with a setting in the ATi panel cant remember what the setting was that gave me this error.

Have you messed in there recently?.

Right after installing the GPU^^

But the red Borders don´t really disturb me, but I hate it to not have the shodows, I can´t find a solution for this. Setting the Video Memory didn´t help, mine is on very high anyway. (By the Way, what does this Setting actually do?)

...and don´t forget to set everything in CCC on default...

ps the red borders are probably because of enabled adaptive antialliasing

Edited by @ST

I have the latest Drivers, setting everything on default also doesn´t help...

I get the same problem... and yes I have the latest drivers.

Maybe thats the problem..

Im Using Combined Ops without Beta, (Beta makes no difference, tried that)

CBFASI do you have the same GPU?

Its of the same series. ArmA not beta, Combined Operations, to latest non beta version with BAF DLC, thing is until I had to reinstall my pc due to a virus all was fine, only thing that MIGHT of changed is the gfx drivers versions..

I am on different OS tho, XP.

Just found out, before I had 10-6 so will try that and ssee what happens

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Just confirmed, 10-6 DOES give the shadows, 10-10 seems not, its the Cat driver...

Edited by CBFASI

I have a different gfx card (my signature), but i checked anyway, and my vehicle shadows are ok.

I am using 10.10 cat drivers (all settings default, except A.I. on advanced), and latest beta of OA (shadows:High, AA:disabled, AF:very high, tex.detail:very high, vid.mem:very high, pp.effets:disabled, HDR:normal).

Well I purchased a HD 5850 Saphire Toxic and have some strange Graphic Issues I can´t solve.

1: I dont have vehicle shadows

Yes I have shadow quality set to high and everything looks fine and beautifull, exept the vehicle shadows, I simply dont have any. If I sit in a car or something I can see my own shadow on the ground from 3rd Person, but no shadow of the vehicle.

2: I have a red line at the top and on the left side of the Picture

I would be happy if someone has an solution for this :o

Disable all filter on CCC(AA,AF ecc..) exept "mipmap detail level"

I use Nvidia, but if I change the Scaling options, it will give me the red lines. Top and left, as in OP.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

I use Nvidia, but if I change the Scaling options, it will give me the red lines. Top and left, as in OP.

thats what i wanted to suggest. A Aspect issue.

And window mode.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Disable all filter on CCC(AA,AF ecc..) exept "mipmap detail level"
well not so much disable but "application preference"

I have the same issue with my XFX Radeon HD 5850. According to dev-heaven its a ATI issue :(

I have 2 reference 5850s in crossfire. No similar problems with 10.6-10.10 drivers, running as a single card or in crossfire. It might be an ATI problem, but it definitely isn't universal. I would be suspecting that it's a little option somewhere in CCC (or ATi Tray Tools if you prefer) that isn't fully compatible with the ArmA2/OA engine.

Try toggle 'Adaptive AA', 'Wait for Vertical Sync', and/or 'Temporal AA'. (from ATT; CCC might use slightly different wording)

Fixed :bounce3: I honestly dont know what I did. I opened CCC and tryed different settings but ended up using default settings. Thanks all :)