Sign in to follow this  
sppu

"sppu_realsound" -mod2, for OA (only with ArmA2) released

"sppu_realsound" -mod2, for OA (only with ArmA2) released.

Install:

-create "Addon folder" in ArmA2 register (if not done) and paste the .pbo file

-start OA and add/activate ArmA2 (if not done) and the user "Addon folder" under OA options

I have put all "Cfg-Data" together. Thus it can happen, that in "Data Load"

(Eg. Start, in the editor or in missions) a message box appears "no entry bin/.....".

Please confirm this message and continue as usual. Definitely all data will be loaded

and there will be no further error messages.

Reworked sounds:

all weapons, armored vehicles, planes, helicopters, hits and explosions,

bullet and rocket fly by sounds and environment sounds.

Config changes:

-eye zoom disabled

-depending on the distance, different shot sounds: near, average and far

-Landvehicles: added motor sound in short distance

-Planes and helicopter: different engine sounds for short and large distance

-APC-vehicle and tank: different engine sounds for motor and exhaust (combination depending on the distance)

-t55 driver out location set lower

-t72 driver out location set up higher

-Su34 available again

-AH64_Sidewinder in editor selectable

-weapon scope-range and vehicle optic-range revised

-iron sight range: weapons without scope max.300m, with scope max.800m

-projectile penetration and vehicle material/armored resistance reworked

-explosion power and range changed

-bullets and rockets velocity adapted

-M249 with 5,56mm ammo

-Ka52 and Mi24P with Gsh302 mgun

-added damage model for cars and trucks in heavy crashes

-3d Person view in all difficulty levels disabled (in favor of vehicles in/out view compatibility and more reality)

and much more...

Download:

http://hotfile.com/dl/77483094/0dda468/sppu.rar.html

Have fun

sppu

Ok i tested it and i must say sorry its pretty bad most of the sound are from counter strike.

and i just cant find words for this the only good think is the zoom but also only for the men not for weapons.

Edited by Konrad1

Ok i tested it and i must say sorry its pretty bad most of the sound are from counter strike.

and i just cant find words for this the only good think is the zoom but also only for the men not for weapons.

realy ? mh bad news:(

Least he's had ago making something no need to be so harsh :p

Verdict after a very short test:

1) Some good sounds that can be used, and I'll probably borrow some for my own personal work.

2) All sounds are .ogg format, and stereo. Is stereo supported "in general"? I know I have problems with them as SFX sounds...

3) A tonne of entried in .rpt: A lot of 'Cannot load sound...' (even from dubbingradio?), illegal volume expressions, and even 'Post effect creation failed' (never seen that one before, it's the first time I play without them though).

4) Config volume problems. Increase thrust and volume goes a sudden down (could be that expression).

5) Thunder sound removed?

6) Some config changes that obviously doesn't belong in a sound mod. Disabling eye zoom is, I'm sorry, ridiculous, as it's the only way to get the FOV (and hence relative sizes with distances) we get in real life. In game it's the no zoom and zoomed out values that are unrealistic, but naturally without them we loose peripheral vision and game becomes unplayable.

7) 'Empty word in sentense' error. Also a new one.

8) A lot of 'Warning message' going on, like '/' not an array or value or whatever.

9) Error in own mission (wouldn't start first time, but worked the second time) from Stryker MC.

10) As much as I hate 3rd person, it is not something you block from a sound mod. I.e. it makes testing the sound mod very tedious ;).

11) No server key included.

Suggestion: Work on the config errors, convert the sounds, and separate the sound mod from "my personal mod". Nobody wants to loose abilities because they are using a sound mod. If done on a mission basis (i.e. in my "immersion and realism oriented mission" I'm allowing 3rd person only to vehicle drivers (due impossible to operate without seat height adjustment and mirrors), and you won't get night vision or dust goggles either while doing so), at least then it would affect everyone regardless of sound mod.

Edit:

@muttly: Yeah you're absolutely right. Sound configs are a bitch, and obviously (1.15MB worth of config files) show some effort was put into it. Most of us (probably including myself) can just complain :p Or at least not go this deep at it. Sorry if I sounded negative, try to read it as constructive criticism if possible. As they say, things can only improve, and you gotta start somewhere.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Ooh yeah sounds a bit rude of me.. frustrating start at work today sorry... But thats the one thing I noticed that really weird.... WOnt have the chance to check it till tonight.... That just jumped out at me...

Game sounds need to be in mono, ie 'ALL ingame sounds'. Music and Scripted sounds are stereo.

If you have used sounds from another game or mod from another game then you need to get permissions, if you haven't then your going to get into copyright issues.

EDIT:

I just downloaded the package and boy do you have alot of work to do...Also, I must admit those sounds do sound like they are taken from something else, another game or mod I'm not sure..You do say:

Reworked sounds:

all weapons, armored vehicles, planes, helicopters, hits and explosions,

bullet and rocket fly by sounds and environment sounds.

REWORKED from what ? I'm not trying to cause trouble here but maybe the author can explain.

Edited by Mark XIII

Sorry, but some of your SFX sounds reaaallly familiar to me from ACE SM. Your M197, M230 are just like ACE SM KPVT and M242 sounds, also TOW etc... I know that these came from somewhere, like SFX libs or videos etc, but the ones I pointed out are almost sounds the same as my work. My sounds built up from 4-5 different samples seperately, thats why Im wondering... Or you mixed the same samples into the same file at the same place? Strange...

BUT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU SHOULD KEEP IT dont cahnge for others

...hmmm... thanks for your individually impressions.

I have tested the files with -OA(Patch1.52+ArmA2(Patch1.7)- (without other addons) and I did not get any error messages.

@ Konrad1 - I did not use any shot-sounds from (other) games (malicious insinuation!), because they are not realistic enough.

I do not know sounds from CS, because no comparative, i have precaution the download-link deledet.

By the way "de gustibus NON discutandum"

And... Another one bites the dust... Great :(

I was just thinking how this game has too many sound mods anyway... Not.

Since the ones we have are perfect... Not.

And how we need more one player servers because many aspiring modders are forced to play solo because they can't join and play with a "modified mod"... Not.

Truly inspiring to read for those who are just getting started... Not.

I will never ever share anything sound related, at least not with this community, for the fear of "getting caught stealing" from another modder, in case I mixed in his sound and forgot where it came from and expecting others to care as little as me wrt "demand for credits". Common/professional courtesy is one thing, but this "demand for credits/permission" is (imho) going too far, especially considering it's usually not original work we're talking about (using a microphone), but claimed work from derived sources (whatever they may be). Some of the configs that are "copyright claimed" are often precise copies of vanilla configs (except the path\sound naturally)

Whatever happened to fair use (check the four factors)? Hell, whatever happened to public domain? That's where I grew up (if it helps you understand my reasoning). Seems that few are doing this for fun and own leisure anymore, but instead for fame and glory. Some of us left the flightsim community because there was nothing but bad vibes going on, one (of several, but few this extreme) example being the DC3 FDE issue. Yes, there was a time when lawsuits east and west were daily business. Completely ridiculous if you ask me of course. I even saw "copyright claims" on screenshots ffs, started by "forum copyright police". We're not there yet, but the old road is getting paved...

Please stop throwing the "copyright" word on everything without understanding it is a very gray and very wide line. A line that even courts have a problem defining well, for commercial interests - let alone hobby stuff that we're involved with. A modder may have done his "fair use analysis", and may have come to different conclusions than the "owner" (I'm talking about common sense here, not the legal term). If so, please take it private instead of attempting to ridicule him in public, which only causes bad vibes...

You know...

I will never ever share anything sound related, at least not with this community, for the fear of "getting caught stealing" from another modder, in case I mixed in his sound and forgot where it came from and expecting others to care as little as me wrt "demand for credits". Common/professional courtesy is one thing, but this "demand for credits/permission" is (imho) going too far, especially considering it's usually not original work we're talking about (using a microphone), but claimed work from derived sources (whatever they may be). Some of the configs that are "copyright claimed" are often precise copies of vanilla configs (except the path\sound naturally)

@Carl

One example why I totally disagree with you..

I know of sound guys who have paid for their sounds from pro sound sites. If they buy the rights to edit that sound then someone comes along who hasn't and decides to edit/use it without even seeking permissions just for the sake of being lazy or cheap how is that fair to the guy paying or the producer who recorded it... I'm sorry, I know you talk of what you think 99% are youtube clips but even then effort can be made to contact these people for permissions. I just know that your gonna disagree with me, but I felt a counter arguement was needed. I've said enough and have no intention of 'debating' this further. This thread needs to get back on topic.

@SPPU

I'd like to think that you took what I said as advice. I could have worded myself better I guess. Although I only mentioned copyright for your own benefit. Since I actively encourage people to sound mod this game.

I'd not take what I and some of the other guys said too badly. If your confident your mod is your own work then why remove the link ? Maybe anger made you remove it which is fair enough but maybe reuploading it so more of the community can hear it would be better ?

You know, a readme, video's even a Facebook page (like Jarhead) are all good ways of promoting your work. I don't wanna sound harsh but more info with your mod release would be better ;)

Best of luck

Mark