Sign in to follow this  
jblack9

Making Bulidings More Destructible

Does anybody know the values I have to change to do this?

Does anybody know the values I have to change to do this?

Needs to be moved to the editing section.

Ok, does anybody know?

Moderators please move to editing section

Do you mean like blowing chunks off buildings, or just making it easier for it to turn into rubble/sink into the ground?

I think he means so a nade launcher to a wall actually does something. I would be really interested in something like that also.

Not sure about walls, but buildings have an "armor=xxx" value in their config entries - I guess you could just patch in and change that - you should be able to control the "damage threshold" past which the "destruction to rubble/ruins model" kicks in

B

Do you mean like blowing chunks off buildings, or just making it easier for it to turn into rubble/sink into the ground?

Blowing chunks off buildings, where do i find the configs so I can do this? thanks!

I don't think that's correct... You would need to add damage models wouldn't you? That's WAAAY more than a config change, not sure who told you it was that easy...

you could probably put more chunk particles, i think that's what he meant..

What about making the buildings less strong? I think a house made of rocks should get busted when hit with an RPG or 40mm Grenade.

If you're changing how buildings are destroyed, first stop should be make it so APFSDS and HEAT weapons don't knock huge chunks out of buildings.

And I doubt a 40mm grenade would even knock down an outhouse unless it blew up from the inside.

What about making the buildings less strong? I think a house made of rocks should get busted when hit with an RPG or 40mm Grenade.

Bad Company 2 too much? :rolleyes:

No, its just a typical Afghanistan house is just rocks really, theres no insulation or anything supporting it. A 40mm Grenade would do some significant damage to it. That's all.

with the destruction is a nice idea they should make somthing like this for walls. So you can blow an hole into a wall and go through. And for houses just gice some more places thaht can be destroyed not so much as in BC2. So you can make like holes into the house for entrance or just an crater of explosion. per each side of the house 1-2

No, its just a typical Afghanistan house is just rocks really, theres no insulation or anything supporting it. A 40mm Grenade would do some significant damage to it. That's all.

Nah, they're probably tougher because of it. Think of HESCOs.

You'll need to be able to create a model for the fully damaged building, create each section that gets blown apart as a different object, patch them together like a jigsaw, create each frame of animation from when the building is Healthy to when the building is Destroyed. Then implement that into the game using some properly complex config work (and pray to jeebus that there are no bugs)

I think what you're trying to describe is pretty much an entirely new destruction engine and that could take a very long time to make.

I don't want to dampen your spirit on this but its a mammoth task you've set mate.