Sign in to follow this  
IrishDeviant

EA-6B Prowler - WiP by IrishDeviant

Hey greetings. Nice you try to bring the AC-130 ingame.

However I have some unfortunate news, Im afraid you will need A LOT of scripting, or extented wayoint / triggerwork ingame.

During OFP times I actually worked on one, and the OFP engine doesnt like a plane with guns on the side. My AC-130 always attacked like a jet, trying to fire with weapons in its front. After a while I only found two workarounds:

First, set the pilot on "careless" status. Then manually insert the doorgunner with "this moveingunner AC130", and DONT make him in a squad with the pilot.

The second workaround was to change the vehicle class of the AC-130 from pane to chopper...I actually took some scripts from Acacyns X-Wing, and reversed them so that every time the AC-130 came under fire it changed from plane to chopper-like.

Well I hope you have better luck with the ArmA engine...Looking at the Harrier and F35 I know it allows more stuff. Oh and, my vote goes for the F-14 Tomcat as your side project. :D

Its an old OFP model with a bitmap for a cockpit. I think the Tomcat deserves a better represantative ingame. ;)

Its an old OFP model with a bitmap for a cockpit. I think the Tomcat deserves a better represantative ingame. ;)

^that

Wow, this is going fast and looking good;

If it's an AC-130, will the player be able to man a gun inside it?

Plus I imagine calling in AC-130 precise cover fire from AI will be scripting hell,

or perhaps not possible at all?

Edited by jadehorus

I agree 110% And if somebody does make a new Tomcat, make sure it is the F-14D variant.

Picture that Nimitz class carrier finished, the F/A-18E and F/A-18F addon ported over and upgraded for ArmA2 (two mods are working on this I think) and somebody does a F-14D. Who needs dry land?

Hey guys, I'm working on a project for work that is taking a bit longer than anticipated, but will get back to my Arma II projects as soon as possible. Probably within the next week or so.

about the "AC-130 scripting hell"

cant he just hook up with LDL? he has a perfectly working spectre mod already, just needs a nice plane model!