Sign in to follow this  
IrishDeviant

EA-6B Prowler - WiP by IrishDeviant

lol im soooo confused haha

Ok, to sum up... The EA-6B isn't going to work at the moment. Coders are working on finding a way of realistically implementing the jamming system, but I don't want to invest the time into making it unless the code work is going to be ready for it. Therefore, I'm putting the EA-6B on hold.

I'm allowing the community to express their interest in which aircraft they would like me to work on until the code for the EA-6B is ready. Also, I'll be working on the C-130 at the same time since it's a fairly easy aircraft to model.

So, I'm going to wait a couple more days for some more input as to which model the community would like to see, and will be working on the C-130 (also an F-35 as a low priority side project). Therefore, you can expect to see the C-130, the F-35 (not the X-35), and an aircraft of the communities choosing, sometime before the end of the year.

...Ok, yeah, I'm confused too. :confused:

Wow, thanks for letting us vote!

Normally Id say a MiG, but I have seen both the CSLA mod and several other doing some high quality MiGs, so my vote goes for the F-14 Tomcat.

EDIT: I also like your stance on not just creating a model, but insisting on some sort enhanced functionality, like the Jammer for the Prowler. I wonder what could be done for the navigator / weapons officer of the F-14. Mando already made a wroking missile indicator warning system, Im sure there are other possibilitys.

Edited by Nuka Cola

Well, even though the F14 isn't in service anymore, I think it's one of the best planes ever made, so it also gets my vote; plus the existing model out there is fine but a bit aging, so a new updated F14 with a few nice paintjobs as a bonus would be sweet..

Wow, thanks for letting us vote!

Normally Id say a MiG, but I have seen both the CSLA mod and several other doing some high quality MiGs, so my vote goes for the F-14 Tomcat.

EDIT: I also like your stance on not just creating a model, but insisting on some sort enhanced functionality, like the Jammer for the Prowler. I wonder what could be done for the navigator / weapons officer of the F-14. Mando already made a wroking missile indicator warning system, Im sure there are other possibilitys.

For RIO's, I was thinking of some sort of GPS overlay on the screens in the rear. I'm not entirely sure this is possible as I don't think animated textures work in Arma II. But, at least some sort of guidance that the RIO can relay to the pilot. Also, have a separate weapon system from the pilot, like only AG for the RIO, and only allow AA weapon systems for the pilot. Don't know how all of that works, but what I do know is that I don't want people to have to use a million different addons to make the aircraft work. The aircraft should function by itself, although I will likely require the GLT Missile Box as I've made some of the weapons in that, and will likely make a few more.

Anyway, I'm really not concerned about the coding for the aircraft I'm working on now. There is already AC-130 codework out there, and fighters are pretty basic, even if they don't have a bunch of new features. But, the whole point of the EA-6B is the jamming system (or at least the jamming is an integral part of the aircrafts role), which is why that one can't move forward for the time being.

I'd be happy to take input on what systems and features people would like to see, however, I would prefer those types of discussions to be redirected to a coding thread... Because, again, I won't be doing the code. I'm actually trying to talk GLT Myke to take lead on my models and release them as GLT addons. However, I'm not sure if he's interested in doing that. Nevertheless, I'll probably be looking for an established addon maker/team to work on my aircraft so that they can be grouped together as a single addon. (and updates to that addon for each new aircraft)

Edited by IrishDeviant

in all honesty i can not stand the f14, imho its just ugly, but thats just me i guess...

my vote would go to the Mirage F1:

http://www.textures.es3dstudios.com/blueprint/mirage_f1_3v.jpg

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/0/8/6/1391680.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/f/f1/20080716034652!Mirage_F1CT_2-30_Normandie-Niemen.jpg

http://www.armybase.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Mirage-F1-CT-jet-fighter.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6531/miragef1enformation.jpg

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/imgs/dassault-mirage-f1.jpg

currently being used in afghanistan for CAS missions by the french.

its a simple yet beautiful aircraft... if not this then i vote for more european aircraft, plenty of yank airframes, lets get some variety aye?

well thats just my thoughts.

Cheers

Rhodesy

k, your vote was just revoked. .

I know, I know...JAG bursts of patriotism. :D

But if you are into military stuff its actually a nice show, they have an unusal eye for accuracy and detail. For example "chinese soldiers" appearing on the show use chines made AK-47s, while "iraquis" use russian AKMs etc.

I know, I know...JAG bursts of patriotism. :D

But if you are into military stuff its actually a nice show, they have an unusal eye for accuracy and detail. For example "chinese soldiers" appearing on the show use chines made AK-47s, while "iraquis" use russian AKMs etc.

But, the acting is just awful. Maybe if they managed to get someone better looking than Catherine Bell it 'might' be more appealing, but I doubt it.

-Main post updated

Edited by IrishDeviant

in all honesty i can not stand the f14, imho its just ugly, but thats just me i guess...

my vote would go to the Mirage F1:

The Mirage F1 isnt on his list. Also I heard they once banned a guy after he called the Tomcat "ugly"....

The Mirage F1 isnt on his list. Also I heard they once banned a guy after he called the Tomcat "ugly"....

Yes it is, under Dassault Mirage... And, yeah, that ugly comment was just unnecessary. I hear the Navy actually execute sailors for treason should they dare disgrace the Tomcat. :nono:

Edited by IrishDeviant

But, the acting is just awful. Maybe if they managed to get someone better looking than Catherine Bell it 'might' be more appealing, but I doubt it.

-Main post updated

Ha, I dont watch the show for Bell or the acting, I watch it for the jets, the carriers, the helicopters etc. :D

Back to topic, I just tried something in the editor, I took a C-130 and let if flew a close circle, as a Spooky or Spectre gunship would. As soon as it came under enemy fire, its speed dropped to a miniumum, and it started wobbling around the area like 10 feet above the ground.

Does anyone knows workaround for this?

I vote for Sepecat Jaquar or the Mirage F1

both european for a change.

And nice moddeling skills on the C-130!

My 2 choices would be the Mig-27 and CH-53D (hoping for the CH-53E).

oh yeah ! AC-130 ! it's so nice to see this plane in-game

Intruder or Jaguar... Ac-130 will just require loads of workarounds and will never run as it should... Although non-Gunship C-130 like that Talon are an awesome idea too.

Yeah Combat Talon with some sort of refuelling script would be awesome!

Dont forget the Jaguar, load more countries use them nowadays than the silly f14! ;)