Sign in to follow this  
pathetic_berserker

Mil Mi-24A Krokodil

I had to log in after God knows how many years to say that this looks awesome. I can't wait to try it out. Hind's gotta be my favorite whirly bird and it's nice to see the A model getting some limelight.

I'm really liking the plans for multiple skins and versions, as well.

^um..wow its amazing to think my project has inspired to you post after being a member for so many years.

Much appreciated, and I hope I don't have to make you wait too much longer.

^um..wow its amazing to think my project has inspired to you post after being a member for so many years.

Much appreciated, and I hope I don't have to make you wait too much longer.

You're very welcome, I like seeing the Hind getting some love. It's an interesting and cool airframe.

This looks amazing. The detail is incredible. This version of the Mi-24 has always been my favorite because of Red Dawn.

I know Icebreaker started a rumor about a Molitian version a long time ago but it appears that there was atleast one other country to benifit from Russias export program.

pics 70 - 200K

lingorhinda4.th.jpg

lingorhinda2.th.jpg

lingorhinda1.th.jpg

lingorhinsa3.th.jpg

Out of interest have you made the missiles wire guided?

I can confirm that recent tests with ACE gave the more correct SACLOS missiles behavior. I believe it probably should use MCLOS as the As' used the first generation AT-2 but its still a huge leap forward from the BIS default.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Looks awesome. I can't wait to strafe with those gunpods, especially.

Exciting times! Will that only be in ACE though?

Yeah, I'm curious to know as well. I don't like having a lot of mods installed, but I'd probably bite the bullet for this Hind.

Exciting times! Will that only be in ACE though?

At this stage it is unlikely that there will be an ACE specific version. It is just a happy coincidence that some things work from ACE when inheriting default classes.

Sorry I cant tell you more at this stage as I'm not particularly good with config stuff. Oh' I could probably give you a basic working version ,......eventualy, but I want this to be very much complete when I release so I'm getting help from Zguba

Cool I'm fine with that I dont use ACE anyway :P

hehe, don't normaly either, but when when I saw how cool that fuction was, it ALMOST had me.

( BTW ACE lovers, don't get me wrong, 'ACE' is in fact ACE!, just dosn't normaly fit/or sway, my server choices ;) )

Ok got a couple more skins I've been working on

**BTW the following images are between .4meg and 1meg in size**

arma2oa2012022523405792.th.jpg

Early days of the Russian occupation?

arma2oa2012022523540954.th.jpg

This skin was based off a museum piece so there may be some debate to its accuracy but hey this is the Armaverse, and it is a bit of departure from the others

And some ingame shots showing the final look of the pilots instruments panels, instrument clock faces thanks to BIS.

PS, appologies in advance to our Russian speaking comrades, I know there will be some spelling errors, I don't actualy know the language and there were some gaps in my reference material. I thought about just bluring everything for consistancy but felt this still looked best under normal (not zoomed) flying conditions.

If you get annoyed with my attempt give me a correction and I'll see what I can do.

arma2oa2012022600471353.th.jpg

arma2oa2012022600464041.th.jpg

These Hinds look sick( in a good way, awsome). You are in my opinion one of the addon maker "greats". keep up the good work, I cant wait to see what these beasts can do!

Look really good Mr. Baserk, This is gonna look really quite good lifting off from a stadium.

Those gauges look gorgeous! very 3d like!

Will it be using the same flight model/physics as the default BIS Hind, or will it be of your own creation?

Whery nice job on the HELI :cool: Damn i want to to learn making things to ARMA.

Same! I'd like to try my hand at it as well and this is becoming motivation. It might look sweet in an ION Tactical black livery.

These Hinds look sick( in a good way, awsome). You are in my opinion one of the addon maker "greats".

keep up the good work, I cant wait to see what these beasts can do!

Um, wow, never expected the be refered to as one of the "greats". It's realy fantastic to hear the kind words from all,

but I don't think I'm up there with the best of this community (yet ;) ). The list of folks I look up to in this community is long!

Look really good Mr. Baserk, This is gonna look really quite good lifting off from a stadium.

Those gauges look gorgeous! very 3d like!

Hah! I'd like to see that to. Maybe later when I'm home.

Whery nice job on the HELI :cool: Damn i want to to learn making things to ARMA.

All my work is done with Blender, GIMP, Leopatams Blender plugin and of course BIS' tools.

The BIS wiki and the stickys' in the editing sections and the search function on these forums or ArmAStack are your friend.

You should be able to find a few tuts about. Gnat for one, has done some good video introductions to O2.

GIMP is much the same as Photoshop, and Blender has a huge community and heaps of tutorials about.

Go knock yourself out! Its fun!

Will it be using the same flight model/physics as the default BIS Hind, or will it be of your own creation?....................

Same! I'd like to try my hand at it as well and this is becoming motivation. It might look sweet in an ION Tactical black livery.

Flight model is currently quite easy to fly, though there may yet be some work done to bring its feel closer to the BIS hind,

as well as some work to replicate the flaws present in the early production version. But we'll see.

As to the PMC idea, I LOL'd, I had initial plans for a PMC styled skin based on crocodile skin, in similar vein to the Czech 'Tigers'

and a big WW2 'nose art' style logo emblazoned down the side, but time, file size and my skills are a bit against the idea just at the moment.

But you'll be free to come up with anything you like after release, the skins are defined by 'hiddenselectionstextures'.

Right now my priorites are speculars, supershaders, and animations

usual typo stuff

PS, appologies in advance to our Russian speaking comrades, I know there will be some spelling errors, I don't actualy know the language and there were some gaps in my reference material. I thought about just bluring everything for consistancy but felt this still looked best under normal (not zoomed) flying conditions.

If you get annoyed with my attempt give me a correction and I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, there are some :p

It would be unfair not to tell you about that. I believe that such detailed masterpiece shouldn't have errors which will come across by first view.

There are two gauges of press./temp. for left and right engine in the centre of your pic: "ЛЕВЫРДВИГÐТЕЛЬ", "ПРÐВЫРДВИГÐТЕЛЬ". So that "H" in first words is wrong. It should be "Й". Like that: "ЛЕВЫЙ ДВИГÐТЕЛЬ", "ПРÐВЫЙ ДВИГÐТЕЛЬ".

The font is big, and I believe that you won't blur there as much. Sorry for my english :)

Yeah, there are some :p

It would be unfair not to tell you about that. I believe that such detailed masterpiece shouldn't have errors which will come across by first view.

There are two gauges of press./temp. for left and right engine in the centre of your pic: "ЛЕВЫРДВИГÐТЕЛЬ", "ПРÐВЫРДВИГÐТЕЛЬ". So that "H" in first words is wrong. It should be "Й". Like that: "ЛЕВЫЙ ДВИГÐТЕЛЬ", "ПРÐВЫЙ ДВИГÐТЕЛЬ".

The font is big, and I believe that you won't blur there as much. Sorry for my english :)

Thanks exall, fixed already.

And your english??? Won't ever need to apppologize for that in light of my Russian. :rolleyes:

Wherever it is that Mi-24 looks amazing!

Everon or Malden? BTW, strange camo at the chopper. What faction does it belong to? ChDKZ?