Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

You people are weird...

On that note, i'll just say thank you to R.G. from here. "THANK YOU!!!!!"

But yeah, i'd love to know that. People like dammage inc. seem to get such a kick out of it. Calling themselves master spammers or whatever like its a medal or something. They're just making themselves look like idiots.

indeed and its also hard to find a balance if we start deleting threads then theres nothing but abuse, if we close threads, theres nothing but abuse, and if we leave them open well...... sad.gif

i would like to keep the offtopic as it says " everything related to army etc but it wont ever happen i fear sad.gif

Yes, that's what off-topic says. Everything related to army things. I forgot. Oh well, it is a nice place to come. Even if no army stuff is discussed. You go to admit that army stuff isn't something you can start discussions about every day. That would mean that if you would filter the army topics out of this topic, you would have one or two good topics. wink.gif

Oddly enough, i'll take Gorgi's side on that one. I'd like to see useless content posting cut back substantially, but i dont think half the people here would be posting here if the off-topic section wasnt the way it is now. I like being able to post anything and everything (short of spam) here. It keeps me coming back.

long live "a" rebellion at least. We should always be allowed to push the envelope. Its called our constitutional right (well......here in America at least) of freedom of speech. This however, does not include spam. tounge.gif

the other alternative is just to delete the spam messages and reset postcounts biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ May 03 2002,02:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thats mean. But effective i think. I will never post spam again  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Somehow i doubt this...............really, i do.

Well this thread is really really interesting

U kinda spamming about spam....... hmmmm very very convenient

Lots of ppl see spam as something that messes up the forum, in my eyes that isn't true, of course there always is the dumb spam that really fucks up this forum. But there also is a fun kinda spam, it might seem useless and stupid when you see it but for some ppl it's great fun! And this doesn't mean that those ppl aren't grown up. They can talk about serious stuff too. It's just fun to have a little fun once in a while.

The reason why most spam threads seem stupid is because not much ppl reply on it with a "spam answer". Probable because the mods wouldn't like us to spam and all that stuff...

This way the topics stay dumb and it looks like nobody likes it and like it was a waste of space.

Oh well....

I dont agree with the statement that offtopic should still be about army stuff. Some topics have given me much enjoyment (the antics of wobble's are classics) and some have given me more insight in to what kind of people some of the people on this forum are. As long as it doesnt really distract from the use of the forum i dont see the harm. I do however see people becoming less polite to each other. Which i do see as a bad thing.

You want spam with that?

Wasn't there a Monty Python sketch about spam?

Yes, and it contained a chorus of glorious vikings singing

"spam spam spam spam, wonderful spam".

Well, my spam is oftin converstion provoking.. dar i say.. witty?

remember my "shit" post that got me banned.. even that spawned some very entertaining replies.. before it was shit on (ironic)

yes because turds generally attract unpleasant things smile.gif

LOL, turds are a healthy part of everyday life!!

Don't get too cocky Aculaud. You too have "spammed" and will probably do so again, several times.

Never said i havent. I did however say that i dont do it unless someone else does it first, and even then, not that often. What i'm getting at here, that everyone keeps neglecting, is this whole pride that people have with being a so-called, self-proclaimed "Good Spammer". Let me ask you a question to clarify what i'm talking about: Do you think that Wobble is a good spammer?

In a way, yes. He is very skilled at posting a lot of mindless topics without the mods bugging him about it.

But, if spamming is merely in reference to the postcount, then redstorm, BlackOp, Ruskie and Damage Inc are good spammers, because they have (or had) very high postcounts.

Why do they take pride in this?

a) Because it is a game that is played wherein the participating spammers encourage eachother to see how far they can go without being moderated. This is a fun game, and it can lead to a lot of creativity.

b) They develop comon references, form a sort of insider's club, find solidarity and common ground by referring to each other as "old school", "l337", "Mighty5" etc. etc. much like any other exclusive club.

c) By living out the role as "best spammer" or similar, they have found their place in the intricate web of characters that inhabit this forum. That gives a security and sense of belonging to the forum. Which means that the forum becomes for them what it is supposed to be: a social place.

I usually post my "spam" when the board gets kinda slow and my GF is at work or out with her friends..

the way I see it.. if there isnt anything to talk about.. MAKE something to talk about..

as for the TRUE spammers (im a self help spammer) they are like a game of pinball.. you keep spamming and see how high your score (post count) gets.. before you get a game over (reset yer post count).

its just a game, and as long as it doesent screw up anyone elses useful posts.. fine by me.

My spam is ment to entertain everyone, including myself.. its not a game, but just a way to pass the time (ala humor)

as for "spam god".. no I dont think I am, because I am not devoted to it, you always see me diving headfirst indo dead serious topics, arguments and discussions, the spam only comes when such a discussion is not preasent..

If what I do is "spam" fine, but its not classical sapm.. perhaps a new age spam..

Spam has many forms...

Now I'm spamming only to clear my head, as it's 4 am, and I still have 3 hours of work to do... sad.gif