Sign in to follow this  
james (J)

help, granade double animashion

hi

in arma OA when I am walking and throw a granade it plays the throw animashion twice befor throwing the granade. are ther any fixs for this

thanks

james

Yeah dont worry your not the only one with that problem many times ive tryed throwing a grenade over a compound wall then looked away only to have the grenade get thrown at my feet lol.

I have difficulty in getting the grenade where i want it. In general I throw too far. Is there a technique to have that more under control?

:butbut:

Practice. The longer you press the button -- the further the grenade flies.

-k

Practice. The longer you press the button -- the further the grenade flies.

-k

Also remember the angle you throw the grenades at...

With this new Grenade throwing feature you can no longer run and throw like you could in A2. Really annoying actually..

are thy planing to fix this in a nother pach? are thay planing to do any more paches?

With this new Grenade throwing feature you can no longer run and throw like you could in A2. Really annoying actually..

However you will trigger the same effect if you walk forward (instead of running) and throw a grenade!

in arma OA when I am walking and throw a granade it plays the throw animashion twice befor throwing the granade. are ther any fixs for this

Yep, quite annoying - hope they'll fix it soon!

are thy planing to fix this in a nother pach? are thay planing to do any more paches?

As for the first, I'm not sure. As for the second, I'm pretty sure its a yes.

It really does bug me how long this feature has been utterly broken for; the fact that its worked flawlessly in every other game and version in the series up until now makes it all the more embittering

What about using a visible trajectory arc on the screen to indicate the grenades flight path and where the grenade will land-like the system used in Gears of War?

The throw angle would be adjusted using the aim controls (mouse up or down) and the throw distance adjusted using the scroll wheel with a circle on the ground to indicate the general area where the grenade will land (longer throws=bigger circle)

This would then make possible long low (rolling) throws, grenade-over-the-top-of-wall/hill throws and grenade-through-window-throws which would be VERY interesting (ie. vertical circle on the target window).

The visible arc must be discreet and unobtrusive (A2OA isn't an arcade game!).

The primary weapons, sidearms and rocket launchers have visible crosshairs so why not something similar for grenades?

Its a good idea but it will never be implemented in Arma2 as its milsim, its not for girls :D

Check out the ACE mod for features slike rolling grenades etc