Sign in to follow this  
Hoaah

What is best renderer? It plays even worse than ArmA series

What is the best settings anyone get out of OFP? I expect to run the game on maximum settings, but then it stutters like hell has broken lose. I have like 4GB RAM, Q6600 and 260 GTX.

There are two good renderers HW T&L or the D3D. Which one should I pick?

I prefer HW T&L. I'm not sure if anyone can max out OFP, I never could. Especially when you put the terrain detail to the highest setting, watch things crawl :p

OFP just isn't designed to work with the latest hardware, since the hardware is all much newer than the game. ArmA1 and ArmA2 were designed for (semi-)current hardware, OFP was designed for 2001-2004 era hardware.

Edited by JdB

At times in OFP I'll get 300 FPS, and at other times it will go right down to 20 just by looking at a huge forest on Everon or something. It's still playable, of course, but you ain't gonna want to max out everything. ;)

I do highly recommend DXDLL, but I'm sure you knew that already.

nooo, no, noooo!!

...you guys got it all totally wrong. Just in some years from now, we can all play ofp maxed to the max, full view distance and a thousands AI and everything else too!

:lecture: smiley-lol.gif :dancehead: :31:

I wonder what advantages and disadvantages are of each renderer.

I was simply putting everything maxed out, but it stutters so badly when turning that it is unplayable.

Let,s say that a 1 Gb VideoRAM becomes worthless in this game. I was looking for a secret beta patch which would improve the flashpoint engine. But it simply doesn´t exist.

I believe Ghost Recon is also a game which suffers from this stuttering issue.

Ground should be normal

Detail slider should be in the middle

View distance should not be at the max 5km. I prefer 900 but can be higher

STGN

HW T&L.

But I'll reinforce what other posters have said.The engine was not designed

to take advantage of modern hardware.

As far as I'm aware graphics adapters aren't as important to the engine as

cpu quality.

Multiple cores are irrelevant.The engine simply won't use them.

Ground should be normal

Detail slider should be in the middle

View distance should not be at the max 5km. I prefer 900 but can be higher

STGN

I have it at 1100. Just at the maximum comfortable range for engaging targets with BIS vehicle mounted weapons (with addons you even have handheld weapons that can reach out that far). Online, it's less. Resolution at 1280X720, most of the settings around medium.

I find that the higher detailed textures take a lot longer to load then they ever did on my old pc, with the same in game settings. I turn and look at a building or fence and a half second later the detailed texture loads.

Has anyone experienced this and found a way to fix it?

Edited by Mr.Peanut
guppies

I find that the higher detailed textures take a lot longer to load then they ever did on my old pc, with the same in game settings. I turn and look at a building or fence and a half second later the detailed texture loads.

Has anyone experienced this and found a way to fix it?

I have sort of the same thing since last week. When I face in a different direction, sometimes units that are further away (but still well within Viewdistance) take a second or two to become visible. I haven't changed any settings in months.