Sign in to follow this  
H.A.W.K

New CPU, still same framerate

You have a WD green those are no gameing Hdd if im right atleast they are not the faster then the black WD or normal hdds

Richieb0y

Your PSU I have same do you get a very high pitched squeal from it some times?.

My mate cant hear mine but me and my bro can.

I was told its normal but wanted to know if ya get same thing?.

thanks

And yes greens is for economy then ya have blue then black black being fastest blue being best of both.

Wow, I just discovered that game dont use my 4th core!

Well, it shows it working most of all cores but switching afinnity only to first 3 cores is getting me the same FPS!

Hmm, FPS, its not what matters. Its not more FPS with cores, its just Smoother game play.The speed of your CPU is for FPS. Also you should use a real tool to chk your CPU Core usage."Everest" is great for Logging that, but there are some others.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

That really depends what sound system he has on board now. It may be that the codecs he's using are struggling and THAT would have an impact on overall performance of the game
doesn't the Game just use default DX codecs?
especially if he's using an AC97 or similar.
Can the game even use AC97?

Well he says he's using on board sound. That could use some CPU cycles. Yes I'm sure that his PC using using default DX codecs but his sound system may have really old Codecs and drivers which chould be updated or optimised. Most people miss this but I'm convinced it CAN make a difference.

Richieb0y

Your PSU I have same do you get a very high pitched squeal from it some times?.

My mate cant hear mine but me and my bro can.

I was told its normal but wanted to know if ya get same thing?.

thanks

And yes greens is for economy then ya have blue then black black being fastest blue being best of both.

Hi no its not making a sound but electric does make sound but its not always hear able.

But the videocard of mine does make that sound but its nothing to worry about.

so your fine

Myke;1752353']I have a similar setup and i play with +40FPS' date=' so son't blame it on the game if you don't get the settings right. PEBKAC[/quote']

I have 50 games,all run perfect! Only Arma 2 run 20-24 max 28 fps. The problem is Arma 2!!!

Today on Battlegroup-Xtra server

th_20100918200900_Untitled.jpg

And Arma.ru

th_20100918201010_Untitled2.jpg

Wtf???

Edited by Raggi77