Sign in to follow this  
cscuk

Lets do bad review of ArmA II

if you dont like it then why are you still bitching on the forums uninstall the game and go cry somewhere else like mw2 that sounds good for you

I told you, this is a review thread. People who are thinking of buying & who do research via the internet & who key in ArmA II review may see it. Then they will decide whether they are going to try it or not given the reality of how tough it is to get anywhere with it. Help etc on specific points is done elsewhere.

And they will see a guy complaining because he can't use infantry well enough with a joystick and will immediately close the thread. Yes there are many with joysticks, but I don't believe there are many people out there wondering if games like Arma 2 will be able to use it for anything other than flying, let alone playing as infantry.

Use the joystick for flying, use the mouse and keyboard for everything else. They are what makes the PC have the best peripherals for shooting.

Moronic moron is a moron.

/thread

I think I've actually figured out what he's on about. He's mapped the aiming controls for infantry to a thumb switch on the throttle... Is that not just an analogue coolie hat type thing? In which case I'm not surprised aiming is impossible. This sounds very much like his game problems are all resulting from an ID10-T error between the chair and the keyboard.

The Saitek X52 Pro has an in-built mouse declared to Vista as a mouse, but it is operated by small thumbstick on the throttle. But I found my aiming problems are in part based on this mouse being less good than a proper PC mouse, so now I have switched to using the PC mouse for fine aiming in a gunfight. Point being, I say again, a PC mouse takes a whole hand and a thumbstick mouse only takes a thumb. The ball of my left thumb is used on the mouse button behind the stick as a shift key to control whether I run or walk. I have a hat also on my throttle, my index finger on left hand uses that to look around, so head swivel. I have two POVs on the throttle, one is used for setting my direction of travel (WASD entry) which I can do with just my right thumb. The other POV is used to set stances stand up, crouch, evade left or right, and I have a pinkie switch by my right little finger so I can go prone in a flash. The trigger on the joystick can be used to fire, but now I revert to proper PC mouse for fine aiming & actual shooting & use gunsight optics at same time, at expense of using a whole hand for the mouse. I have things like reload & stepover & night vision set on other joystick buttons. I also have a bunch of toggle buttons beneath my right hand which require me to release the joystick, mostly for things that are not so split second urgent, and I have a mode button on the joystick to switch essentially from avatar control mode to command mode.

The Saitek X52 Pro has an in-built mouse declared to Vista as a mouse, but it is operated by small thumbstick on the throttle. But I found my aiming problems are in part based on this mouse being less good than a proper PC mouse, so now I have switched to using the PC mouse for fine aiming in a gunfight. Point being, I say again, a PC mouse takes a whole hand and a thumbstick mouse only takes a thumb. The ball of my left thumb is used on the mouse button behind the stick as a shift key to control whether I run or walk. I have a hat also on my throttle, my index finger on left hand uses that to look around, so head swivel. I have two POVs on the throttle, one is used for setting my direction of travel (WASD entry) which I can do with just my right thumb. The other POV is used to set stances stand up, crouch, evade left or right, and I have a pinkie switch by my right little finger so I can go prone in a flash. The trigger on the joystick can be used to fire, but now I revert to proper PC mouse for fine aiming & actual shooting & use gunsight optics at same time, at expense of using a whole hand for the mouse. I have things like reload & stepover & night vision set on other joystick buttons. I also have a bunch of toggle buttons beneath my right hand which require me to release the joystick, mostly for things that are not so split second urgent, and I have a mode button on the joystick to switch essentially from avatar control mode to command mode.

I also own this joystick and I can tell you that its not suitable for ArmA2, at least when playing as infantry. This game requires finesse and its not something you can really get with that little thumb stick.

Seriously, put away the X52 and use your mouse and keyboard. Hell skip the single player campaign altogether. If you are competent and willing to learn there are plenty of player communities that will take you with little skill. Believe me, I have been in plenty of them. :p

Really though, try Tactical Gamer or United Operations, both communities will get you set up for playing multiplayer, which is really the best way to get a lot of joy out of this game.

Funny isn't it?

Just wonder what would happen if you have to use only mouse + keyboard for flight simulations like Falcon, Lomac, IL2 and DCS? Would you write a "bad review" for them too?

I can't believe I missed this one

Whether this is some self-ironic troll attempt or a real thing it is still pretty funny

Had a good laugh at these, thanks

And then there is even more!

Hahahaha

Well it isn't hard to understand them when a guy tries to play an infantry with a joystick

Moving mouse to aim, pressing alt to look around, using WASD to move around and Q/E to lean, G to access inventory, K to look at the compass - these dreadful complicated controls are killing me

Mommy ArmA2 requires me to push more than one button to win, I want my CoD back!

I am now pushing more than 1 control at the same time. Console games often require simultaneous inputs.

See the other posts.

I checked on other more general websites. Some comments include that long range shooting for humans in software is more difficult than in reality cos you have lower levels of visual resolution than in reality. You must remember that the AI doesnot have to deal with the user interface.

I have played paintball and seen better than I can see in ArmA II, that is just a fact. I have shot with shotguns clay pigeons & I have fired a .22 on a range at 100 yards I can group my shots (group shooting rather than bullseye shooting) which means I have a real-world talent (I checked if that is correct meaning of such a result). Shooting in ArmA II I find much harder than in real life. Its the user interface. And I do get the impression the AI can shoot through stuff that humans cannot, including hillsides, often they are shooting me without a direct line of sight, I shoot back at them (the hud on recruit difficulty tells you where they are) I cannot hit them. This so far is an impression, I will wait & observe better before I confirm it as a fact.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Funny isn't it?

Just wonder what would happen if you have to use only mouse + keyboard for flight simulations like Falcon, Lomac, IL2 and DCS? Would you write a "bad review" for them too?

I probably would write a bad review then yes. As I say elsewhere, I am in Lock-On Flaming Cliffs 2 flying an A10 in "simulation" mode using my Saitek. It is not a huge company that develops that series but so far I am having a faster rate of progress than with ArmA II. I think I will be playing FC2 online far sooner than ArmA II. As I say I have got adequate control of my avatar in ArmA II now and I have to sort out the shooting bit, which it appears is deeper than just pointing the gun. I do not mind this so long as I am past user interface control issues and can start getting into a simulation of how difficult real world shooting is & learn how to do it.

Further on FC2, the Saitek will need programming for that too for full functionality, but at least FC2 recognises & works with my HOTAS essential controls for x y z axes & throttle thrust out of the box. & it has documentation. Just reading about mil sims generally I hear that documentation is normal for them. I am learning the A10 tankbuster first & then I guess I will go MP for anyone who wants a half decent A10 driver.

Regarding difficulty of programming against joystick, this is simplified for developers by things like drivers which are there precisely to remove complexity & cost for application developers & I will say again so far only ArmA II has displayed difficulty reading my HOTAS. So this is definitely a developer issue.

I checked on other more general websites. Some comments include that long range shooting for humans in software is more difficult than in reality cos you have lower levels of visual resolution than in reality.

That's why there is a zoom function in Arma2. It's not perfect, but at least it simulates human visual acuity to a better degree than other games.

I have played paintball and seen better than I can see in ArmA II, that is just a fact.

!!!NEWS FLASH!!! Computer screens do not have infinite resolution!

I have shot with shotguns clay pigeons & I have fired a .22 on a range at 100 yards I can group my shots (group shooting rather than bullseye shooting) which means I have a real-world talent (I checked if that is correct meaning of such a result). Shooting in ArmA II I find much harder than in real life.

Are you honestly saying that pointing and clicking is harder than shooting a rifle? Oh dear...

Its the user interface.

FPDR

And I do get the impression the AI can shoot through stuff that humans cannot, including hillsides, often they are shooting me without a direct line of sight,

Bullshit. Every single bullet in the game, including those fired by the AI, will be stopped by solid objects. At this point, I'm assuming that you simply aren't seeing all the enemy soldiers around you.

I shoot back at them (the hud on recruit difficulty tells you where they are) I cannot hit them. This so far is an impression, I will wait & observe better before I confirm it as a fact.

Hmmm... do the shots you fire actually hit where you were pointing, or do they seem to scatter over a very wide area?

I think someone simply needs to make an all-in-one mythbusting video in regards to the AI in Arma 2. That way all these often-made accusations can be disproven just by linking to one video...

Moving mouse to aim, pressing alt to look around, using WASD to move around and Q/E to lean, G to access inventory, K to look at the compass - these dreadful complicated controls are killing me

Mommy ArmA2 requires me to push more than one button to win, I want my CoD back!

You forgot Z X and C for stand, crouch and prone as well as F for weapon and R to reload.

The funny thing is there really aren't many more controls than your typical game pad, lets take the 360 for example..

1. Joystick L look around

2. Joystick R, look around

3. Joystick R #2 press in to run

4. X

5. Y

6. A

7. B

8.9.10.11. Directional pad

12. Left bumper

13. Right bumper

14. Left trigger

15. Right trigger

16. Back

And the most you use are the joystick commands, all of the colored buttons and at least the triggers, which in turn equals- 9 maybe 10.. take COD and add in the directional pad you get 14, maybe more.

1-4. WASD (standard)

5-7. Z X C

7-9 Q/E

10-16 Mouse buttons R & L and keys R, K, G, N, M.

17. x2 W to run

18. Mouse.

Now at the most basic the commands you will use are likely to be WASD, mouse look and fire, the stance keys, map and possibly NVG's as well as firemode and weapon..so in total of basic you are using 11 keys and nearly every key is situated to be touched by your left hand leaving your right on the mouse, for something like this mouse+keyboard unless driving a vehicle is most likely your best best.

Edited by NodUnit

Shooting in ArmA II I find much harder than in real life. Its the user interface.

For simply shooting it takes WASD to move your body, Mouse to aim and LMB to pull the trigger. There is no user interface involved. Also these controls are standard on any shooter game.

And I do get the impression the AI can shoot through stuff that humans cannot, including hillsides, often they are shooting me without a direct line of sight, I shoot back at them (the hud on recruit difficulty tells you where they are) I cannot hit them. This so far is an impression, I will wait & observe better before I confirm it as a fact.

Bullet ballistic and pentrability is not dependant if a player shot or an AI, it is calculated the same way for everyone.

AI often does some "guesswork" if they saw you hiding behind a object. Obviously their guesswork is better than yours.

About the X52....well, surely adequate controller for flight sim but for infantry it is surely inadequate.

I wouldn't blame Ferrari if their cars wont perform well with wheels from a Fiat Cinquecento, although the very same wheels work perfect on a Fiat Cinquecento.

Think about it.

:EDITH:

Hmmm... do the shots you fire actually hit where you were pointing, or do they seem to scatter over a very wide area?

I see where you're goin, mate.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Just curious - do you have somekind of a rare keyboard-mouse phobia? :D;)

Why don't you try to be happy with the choices you have instead of limiting yourself to the X52? Keep in mind OFP, A1 (QG), A2+OA are not developed as flight simulations.

Dont use your X52 religiously for every game you play.

That's why there is a zoom function in Arma2. It's not perfect, but at least it simulates human visual acuity to a better degree than other games.

!!!NEWS FLASH!!! Computer screens do not have infinite resolution!

Are you honestly saying that pointing and clicking is harder than shooting a rifle? Oh dear...

FPDR

Bullshit. Every single bullet in the game, including those fired by the AI, will be stopped by solid objects. At this point, I'm assuming that you simply aren't seeing all the enemy soldiers around you.

I was using zoom but I think now that I shouldn't except when about to actually shoot because it also causes you to hold your breath & when I saw this control I wondered whether that is because you sometimes have to go under water but now it appears that it is related to steadying your aim during pulling of the trigger. I also have this control on my HOTAS throttle so available to my left hand for simultaneous use with shooting. I suspect if you use this zoom feature a lot you will partially asphyxiate your avatar so I don't think I can use it generally.

For pointing & clicking, obviously in real world physics moving a mouse & clicking is not as hard as moving a gun around, but I was referring to the totality of being able to hit things in ArmA II even at shortish ranges with the difficulty of hitting things in real life with real equipment at similar ranges, such as 100 yards. In real life I can hit at 100 yards, in ArmA II to begin I couldn't even hit at very short ranges of tens of meters. This is now starting to be addressed. BIS Dev Diary says the shorter the range gets the more unreliable the floating pointer on screen is due to parallax you will just have to go watch that, all my kills have been with the gunsight & now I propose to use only that for aiming.

Because I have the game HUD enabled I am being shown where the AI enemy is. I can fire bursts on semi at them or go full auto, makes little difference, then along same line of sight they hit me. In some cases I have double checked on the map & there is high ground between us according to the contour lines. Often they are shooting me through forest over say 200 meters when the vegetation between us is so thick we cannot see each other, so maybe they have x-ray vision, I fire back the other way (see the above) no effect. What I am doing is just firing into the zone of the HUD indicator & yes that is a form of x-ray vision, but how come along the same line their bullets can hit me but mine cannot hit them? From this description of experiences it is clear that often I am not able to observe actual bullet strikes. On other occaisions when I can see them, in the past I have been using the floating mid-screen cursor, so see all the above, on those occaisions when I do see bullet strikes they are usually nearby the target but a bit off, I think I hardly ever see overshoots, when I do see bullet strikes they are often short of the target.

I almost always use semi, with good gaps between trigger pulls, & there is no sign of bullet scatter, & there is no correlation with standing crouching or prone. I thinkyouare saying I may be spraying the bullets around, but I am getting these observations when prone on semi with spaced shootings as well as in other modes. I have started a single mission, forgotten its name, I took a sniper rifle M40A1 I think. There is a runway with about 4 enemy on it at 650 yards approximately my bullets mostly fall short (I can see them hit the runway) but if I adjust up I miss with usually no sign of a bullet strike. Well for this we will just say I have a downloaded shooting range & I may open a thread focused on how to shoot accurately then go practice.

I was using zoom but I think now that I shouldn't except when about to actually shoot because it also causes you to hold your breath & when I saw this control I wondered whether that is because you sometimes have to go under water but now it appears that it is related to steadying your aim during pulling of the trigger. I also have this control on my HOTAS throttle so available to my left hand for simultaneous use with shooting. I suspect if you use this zoom feature a lot you will partially asphyxiate your avatar so I don't think I can use it generally.

Holding breath is a separate setting in the controls. I recommend binding it to something else, to avoid holding your breath whenever you zoom. This only affects aiming sway, by the way. It isn't possible to asphyxiate yourself this way, although it would be rather funny. (The avatar automatically releases and draws breath if you hold the button for too long.)

For pointing & clicking, obviously in real world physics moving a mouse & clicking is not as hard as moving a gun around, but I was referring to the totality of being able to hit things in ArmA II even at shortish ranges with the difficulty of hitting things in real life with real equipment at similar ranges, such as 100 yards. In real life I can hit at 100 yards, in ArmA II to begin I couldn't even hit at very short ranges of tens of meters. This is now starting to be addressed. BIS Dev Diary says the shorter the range gets the more unreliable the floating pointer on screen is due to parallax you will just have to go watch that, all my kills have been with the gunsight & now I propose to use only that for aiming.

Yes, the gunsights are far more precise.

Because I have the game HUD enabled I am being shown where the AI enemy is. I can fire bursts on semi at them or go full auto, makes little difference, then along same line of sight they hit me. In some cases I have double checked on the map & there is high ground between us according to the contour lines. Often they are shooting me through forest over say 200 meters when the vegetation between us is so thick we cannot see each other, so maybe they have x-ray vision, I fire back the other way (see the above) no effect. What I am doing is just firing into the zone of the HUD indicator & yes that is a form of x-ray vision, but how come along the same line their bullets can hit me but mine cannot hit them? From this description of experiences it is clear that often I am not able to observe actual bullet strikes. On other occaisions when I can see them, in the past I have been using the floating mid-screen cursor, so see all the above, on those occaisions when I do see bullet strikes they are usually nearby the target but a bit off, I think I hardly ever see overshoots, when I do see bullet strikes they are often short of the target.

This all sounds very strange to me, though perhaps I am simply misunderstanding you. Are you engaging AI at extremely long range?

I almost always use semi, with good gaps between trigger pulls, & there is no sign of bullet scatter, & there is no correlation with standing crouching or prone. I thinkyouare saying I may be spraying the bullets around, but I am getting these observations when prone on semi with spaced shootings as well as in other modes. I have started a single mission, forgotten its name, I took a sniper rifle M40A1 I think. There is a runway with about 4 enemy on it at 650 yards approximately my bullets mostly fall short (I can see them hit the runway) but if I adjust up I miss with usually no sign of a bullet strike. Well for this we will just say I have a downloaded shooting range & I may open a thread focused on how to shoot accurately then go practice.

What is your view distance and object detail set to in the video options? Also, what resolution are you playing at?

great GOD!

How did i missed this thread till now? This guy is adorable! Best laugh i had in months on the netz

Anyone thinking of buying ArmA II needs to know what they are buying into first.

I heard it was a good battlefield sim & paid my 45€ or whatever.

Then I found ergonomics were bad for me but some guys said get a good HOTAS like Saitek X52 Pro, so I did, that set me back about 160€.

It is said that you will get support with the game from the local publisher in my case 505 Games or some such, the publishers never reply to emails, so basically there is no official support.

Reviews are in part so people thinking of buying can get a realistic view of what lies ahead of them. It is correct that this ArmA II needs a lot of commitment, much much more than a general buyer would ever have imagined, & the issues do revolve around ergonomics & documentation & you must sure that you are going to put in a lot of learning effort.

Wait... you are actually blaming BI because you listened to "some guy" who made you buy a Joystick to control a infantry avatar in what is essentially a FPS (or soldier milsim, if you're a realism freak, take you best pick) ?

EDIT : plenty written while I was eating.

I probably would write a bad review then yes. As I say elsewhere, I am in Lock-On Flaming Cliffs 2 flying an A10 in "simulation" mode using my Saitek. It is not a huge company that develops that series but so far I am having a faster rate of progress than with ArmA II. I think I will be playing FC2 online far sooner than ArmA II. As I say I have got adequate control of my avatar in ArmA II now and I have to sort out the shooting bit, which it appears is deeper than just pointing the gun. I do not mind this so long as I am past user interface control issues and can start getting into a simulation of how difficult real world shooting is & learn how to do it..

You are having faster rate of progress with using the correct controller in FC2 compared to using the wrong controller in A2.

Go back to FC2 and check your progress while only using mouse and keyboard, and you'll be able to properly compare.

Edited by whisper

Your problems are because

1) You patched while playing the campaign (big no no, think about it)

2) You're using a Flight Stick to play

3) The Flight Stick is inhibiting your aim

And no, the AI are not too accurate. Their shooting is of an acceptable standard. Maybe your shooting is inferior to the AIs. It is not as simple as point and fire.

You forgot Z X and C for stand, crouch and prone as well as F for weapon and R to reload.

The funny thing is there really aren't many more controls than your typical game pad, lets take the 360 for example..

1. Joystick L look around

2. Joystick R, look around

3. Joystick R #2 press in to run

4. X

5. Y

6. A

7. B

8.9.10.11. Directional pad

12. Left bumper

13. Right bumper

14. Left trigger

15. Right trigger

16. Back

And the most you use are the joystick commands, all of the colored buttons and at least the triggers, which in turn equals- 9 maybe 10.. take COD and add in the directional pad you get 14, maybe more.

1-4. WASD (standard)

5-7. Z X C

7-9 Q/E

10-16 Mouse buttons R & L and keys R, K, G, N, M.

17. x2 W to run

18. Mouse.

Now at the most basic the commands you will use are likely to be WASD, mouse look and fire, the stance keys, map and possibly NVG's as well as firemode and weapon..so in total of basic you are using 11 keys and nearly every key is situated to be touched by your left hand leaving your right on the mouse, for something like this mouse+keyboard unless driving a vehicle is most likely your best best.

I am not left-handed & I often hit wrong keys on keyboard unless I am actually looking at it.

The whole idea of both HOTAs & game pads is to put different things near different parts of the hand for minimised travel & minimised mistakes while eyes off, & it works well. I have been 'dialing in' my arrangement of functions to HOTAS buttons so those often used are most easily accessible without errors & at reasonable speed.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Just curious - do you have somekind of a rare keyboard-mouse phobia? :D;)

Why don't you try to be happy with the choices you have instead of limiting yourself to the X52? Keep in mind OFP, A1 (QG), A2+OA are not developed as flight simulations.

Dont use your X52 religiously for every game you play.

Yes I do have a keyboard & mouse phobia for games.

The error rate & time for operation is too bad also have to take eyes offscreen far too much in the case of the keyboard.

The X52 is now almost dialed into ArmA II, so what is done is done.

Lock-on Flaming Cliffs 2 is a flight-simulator grade mil sim, but that is another topic.

The PC is for video editing & games are secondary. In fact I use it just for simulator grade games, other stuff just do them on 360 or PS3.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Myke;1750038']For simply shooting it takes WASD to move your body' date=' Mouse to aim and LMB to pull the trigger. There is no user interface involved. Also these controls are standard on any shooter game.

Bullet ballistic and pentrability is not dependant if a player shot or an AI, it is calculated the same way for everyone.

AI often does some "guesswork" if they saw you hiding behind a object. Obviously their guesswork is better than yours.

About the X52....well, surely adequate controller for flight sim but for infantry it is surely inadequate.

I wouldn't blame Ferrari if their cars wont perform well with wheels from a Fiat Cinquecento, although the very same wheels work perfect on a Fiat Cinquecento.

Think about it.

:EDITH:

I see where you're goin, mate.[/quote']

The X52 is now working quite well for control of my avatar, given that I now use PC mouse for fine aiming & shooting & rearrange functions for better ergonomics. But it has been a long & painful process.

The X52 is now working quite well for control of my avatar, given that I now use PC mouse for fine aiming & shooting & rearrange functions for better ergonomics. But it has been a long & painful process.

I'm surprised that it works at all. Being a mouse+keyboard lover, I don't even understand how people can play a game like Arma2 with a game pad... but with a joystick?

Seriously, and this is just my humble opinion here, but you should have spent that "long & painful process" getting used to playing with a mouse and keyboard, instead of a joystick. At least where infantry is concerned.

Hi, the mousepad thing was just sarcasm. Mousepads are not only used to increase the performance of a mouse, but to protect the surface of desks and the mouse contacts to the desk. Just to clarify that I know why people use mousepads lol.

There's not only Harvest Red campaign. Try EW, that'll suit your joystick better.

Lastly there are other campaigns to try, like here:

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_files_scenarios_campaigns

Holding breath is a separate setting in the controls. I recommend binding it to something else, to avoid holding your breath whenever you zoom. This only affects aiming sway, by the way. It isn't possible to asphyxiate yourself this way, although it would be rather funny. (The avatar automatically releases and draws breath if you hold the button for too long.)

Yes, the gunsights are far more precise.

This all sounds very strange to me, though perhaps I am simply misunderstanding you. Are you engaging AI at extremely long range?

What is your view distance and object detail set to in the video options? Also, what resolution are you playing at?

Engagement range against the AI normally depends on when I see them & what gun I have. Sometimes I will shoot even if I cannot see them in case there is only vegetation between us. Typically I get my team (in campaign) to kill an officer then go get his AK74-PSO. I will then try to engage visually from 300 yards down. Even with a visual at 200 yards these guys are very very small, the reticle can block them completely from view, so I use the AK74 for its scope which I take it is x4, but also because I read online how to use the calibrations. If I do not hit at these ranges I keep getting closer (or the AI does) & try again. This continues until point blank, say 23 meters in one case (but he was over the hill it turned out). I know you will laugh at this last, but I had to keep reverting cos he kept killing me - through the hill. Most kills are with the M4 holo in the dark at ranges around 80 meters. In campaign mission Manhattan, I was prone & could see into the enemy HQ from the west & could see prone enemy in the open side on to me, using the PSO scope, I started shooting at about 350 meters and the observed bullet strikes where all short, moving up only ended in non-observed bullet strikes so I don't know where those bullets where going, I kept creeping closer until 200 meters with the same results. I never got closer cos they shot me every rerun, so eventually I just blew the place up with artillery. For the sentry posts (I found maybe 5 of these) I tried shooting from prone through the low lying vegetation which should not offer any resistance but that never works even at say 60 meters on the HUD bearing. I fond 1 pair of tents in relatively open ground, all the sentries were clustered prone on far side of tents I tried hitting them with semi & full auto from around 80 meters while standing, most bullets I couldn't seen strike, then they kill me. I had to keep reverting until my AI team mates could kill them. So that is about typical.

View distance is 10,000.

Object detail is very high.

Resolution is 1920x1080x32.

3D resolution is 1920x1080.

All the other video settings are:

brightness & gamma mid.

Quality, texture detail, vid memory, anisotropic, shadow detail, post process all very high.

Terrain detail High.

Antialiasing normal.

interface very small.

Aspect 16:9 wide.

View distance is 10,000.

Object detail is very high.

Resolution is 1920x1080x32.

3D resolution is 1920x1080.

All the other video settings are:

brightness & gamma mid.

Quality, texture detail, vid memory, anisotropic, shadow detail, post process all very high.

Terrain detail High.

Antialiasing normal.

interface very small.

Aspect 16:9 wide.

Uh... yeah. What hardware do you have and what kind of framerates do you get?

I am not left-handed & I often hit wrong keys on keyboard unless I am actually looking at it.

The whole idea of both HOTAs & game pads is to put different things near different parts of the hand for minimised travel & minimised mistakes while eyes off, & it works well. I have been 'dialing in' my arrangement of functions to HOTAS buttons so those often used are most easily accessible without errors & at reasonable speed.

I'm right handed, can't do much anything with my left alone truley, I will admit however that I have played many computer games through my life so my hand could simply have 'keystroke memory', similar to when you play a console game, your hand memorizes where the buttons are without looking.

Of course I also have played this game for years so the commands come as a second nature which is why I'm not one to flame people when they say the controls can be tricky, the count was only because I was curious of the amount of commands vs casual gaming if you will.

Uh... yeah. What hardware do you have and what kind of framerates do you get?

No freakin' kidding... :eek:

I started shooting at about 350 meters and the observed bullet strikes where all short, moving up only ended in non-observed bullet strikes so I don't know where those bullets where going,

Hmmm.....fade anyone?