Sign in to follow this  
Noone

OFP : Peacekeepers

I am working on a mini campaign called "OFP : Peacekeepers ", but anyway the name can change.It'll be about a small UN peacekeepers unit trying to maintain peace and protect civilian population in a fictional Balkan island-country. I have almost finished writing the story and started to make missions and textures. In two words : player's unit will have to fight marauders and bandits, who pray on civilians... UN forces will also be caught between NATO and local military... Blah-blah-blah....

In the meantime take a look at the models i made for my campaign. Soon i'll upload them to the OFP editing center... Share your thoughts with me. Maybe i could use some help also

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Well, they probably would if they had any real sense of justice.

I didn't say UN will confront the NATO, I said UN peacekeepers will be caught between NATO and local military, trying to fulfill their mission: protect civilian population. Life is complicated and very unpreductable situations can ocure…

? is he trying to tell us that he made those skins?

I have seen them before on that website Gimbal just said.

If he is trying to tell us that he made those skins then he lies.

he has maid those skins , why don't you believe it , i didn't see any picture of the ch47 or of the brdm on the gimbal site

so stop searching the problems where there aren't any

Just a few comments,

its a good idea but wouldnt it be more realistic if it was a rebel force agaist the government forces on the island becuase if it was NATO vs locals then most of the UN force would be on the same side as NATO.

Also the chinook should be white with black writing.

But keep up the good work dude

I could be wrong but I think that the UN has a policy not to enguage against any UN member, and since all NATO members are apart of the UN then you'd never see a shot fired by the Un go towards a NATO soldier...just a though.

Not to say I don't want to play the campaign though...sounds as if it has a decent story and the addons look prety sweet.

(Edited by The Jub Jub Bird at 8:00 pm on Dec. 31, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from ran on 7:26 pm on Dec. 31, 2001

he has maid those skins , why don't you believe it , i didn't see any picture of the ch47 or of the brdm on the gimbal site

<span id='postcolor'>

I have seen them somewhere before. so shut up.

I definetly remember seeing the chinook and the humvee.

My UN addon will include a guide and overview about the UN organisation and history, as many people seems to be confused about how they operate.

NATO is NOT part of UN. UN and NATO are two completely seperate organizations, which happens to have many of the same countries as members. UN does not have an army, All troops that serve in blue are lead by their own national leaders, to carry out tasks for the UN organization, such as peace keeping or peace inforcement. They are however still under direct command of their own nation, so could never be ordered by the UN, to do anything against their will. However, there are quite a few restrictions they have to accept, but these are custom tailored to the specific situation. In balkan, for example, the restrictions where quite alot harsher than in Korea in the 50s or more recent examples in Africa, after the term "peace inforcement" was introduced.

UN troops are often supplied by NATO countries to carry out tasks in the interest of world peace and stability. Therefore it's absolutely unthinkable that the UN and NATO would come to fight eachother.

Regarding the skins, I did not intend to imply that Noone didn't do his own models. I'm certain that he did. I was simply noting that I have been working on a similar addon for quite some time.

I hope there will be minimal confusion, with several UN addons on the web.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from WKK Gimbal on 5:45 pm on Jan. 1, 2002

Regarding the skins, I did not intend to imply that Noone didn't do his own models. I'm certain that he did. I was simply noting that I have been working on a similar addon for quite some time.

I hope there will be minimal confusion, with several UN addons on the web.<span id='postcolor'>

hmm, k. yours look fantastic by the way.

ooooooooooooooooooooooo

where abouts? Im in Rowley Park (near the top end of Stafford)

u?

* thinks* no, that wrong actually.

Im in the south end of Stafford, near the J13 of the M6.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Jamesia on 9:47 pm on Dec. 31, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from ran on 7:26 pm on Dec. 31, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

I have seen them somewhere before. so shut up.

I definetly remember seeing the chinook and the humvee.

<span id='postcolor'>

noone has already posted links

jamesia ......

you are dumb , did you watch the date of his post , i already seen it before to

what on earth are you talking about ran?

Posted on: 8:07 pm on Dec. 20, 2001 - was when the topic was first made.

I have seen it before then.

And not on his website either.

I live near Rowley park. That is all I am going to tell you!:wink: And I bought my first Ball bearing gun from the gunshop in the corner of the square near the Guildhall shopping place. (Thats just to prove that I am not lying!:wink: )