Sign in to follow this  
franze

Su-17/22M4 'FITTER-K'

The Mig-23 is already part of the pack as support. http://www.mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/fitterk/su17_alpha_support.html

Because the Su-17/22 is the main focus of the pack the rest are considered as "backround" vehicles, you can use them all but they contain less model detail and texture resolution in exchange for performance.. (more placement more performance).

The problem with that is it's got way too much detail and far too many functions to serve as a support unit. You would want something more like the MiG-23MLD I built for that purpose. :)

M23 was in coast defence

but Su22 ... :)

even if it has no cockpit, i would give it some Hydras, H-29 rockets, and it would work for me, is it possible you could do "A2 port" ? :)

cause SU25 in Polish army was never present, but for Polish-type missions (air support when infantry report enemy tanks in missions ) only SU22 can do job with H-29 in case of P85 or modern (except F16)

M23 was in coast defence

but Su22 ... :)

even if it has no cockpit, i would give it some Hydras, H-29 rockets, and it would work for me, is it possible you could do "A2 port" ? :)

cause SU25 in Polish army was never present, but for Polish-type missions (air support when infantry report enemy tanks in missions ) only SU22 can do job with H-29 in case of P85 or modern (except F16)

Sure, but what I'm saying is the MiG-23MLD included with this package only clocks in at about 4300 faces with weapons - without weapons it's only 2200 faces. An Su-22 used exclusively as a support unit for infantry would be better tailored that way instead of the ~12k faces + weapons of this package. Detail where detail is due, that's all it is. :)

Very glad to see this warbird ingame:) One of the most needed aircrafts in ArmAs IMHO.

Very glad to see this warbird ingame:) One of the most needed aircrafts in ArmAs IMHO.

definetly

maybe we will start "begging list" here ? :D

for sure SU22 is MUST in Armas :D :D

It's better to wait until full version of this plane will be released :) I hope with more variants of camo and signs.

camo is not a problem, texture selection do the job

i want it now :) even without cockpit, but shooting H29 rockets at enemy tanks

It works pretty well in ArmA2, Vilas. Just give it a try.

(ok, tons of script error messages and stuff - but still: a wonderfull bird, and a pleasure to fly it).

Confirmed, it works, but there are some issues with textures (cockpit glass, missing texture around numbers in soviet version, rearming doesn't work and some others). But it flies very well.

The arming will work in ArmA2 (although theres some errors due to dialogs), it's just that the default arming vehicles used in ArmA1 aren't in ArmA2. :)

You can try this by putting this in the init field of a vehicle (Ural ammo for example):

fza_su17_armingunits = [(typeof this)]

Note that I consider this unsupported until I make a real ArmA2 release. ;)

And what about MiG-23? Will it have more polys and loadouts?

The MiG-23MLD was included as a interceptor/fighter unit to support the Su-17. If I do make a MiG-23 in the future it will be more like the Su-17 - the MiG-23 in this package is merely for opposition and support.

Very nice work.

The su22 would have to look like the toughest Combat aircraft ive seen in a bis game to date.

Imo, the ground tex's should be more of a nogova type dark green.It would match the veg better and seem more natural.But youd prolly have to redo the camo on some of your shelter's etc.

I/ve been running it in A2 cos of the far less hazy sky and the radr system.

In A2 ,the su17 trows up an error. one too many }: or something but it was turned on with alot of other mods so i dont know wether it is the su17 causing the problem.

Thanks.

The bird has yet to be reworked so all the systems will work in A2.