Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

The ammo dump is a barrack building because it needs to be semi-visible to the other team. If it was just a few ammo boxes the enemy team would never find it, so it'd never have the danger of dying :)

The support truck build and engineer build items lists are pretty poorly organized, I was going to go through them sometime in this version and organize/re-price stuff.

Two little questions:

1. Do empty player slots keep receiving cash?
  2. What about supply points on an empty server with persistence enabled? Do they accumulate indefinitely?

Apologies if these have been answered elsewhere (I did my mandatory search though).

Thanks.

Two little questions:

1. Do empty player slots keep receiving cash?
  2. What about supply points on an empty server with persistence enabled? Do they accumulate indefinitely?

Apologies if these have been answered elsewhere (I did my mandatory search though).

Thanks.

Yes (soon they will be capped at a certain value) and Yes.

Yes (soon they will be capped at a certain value) and Yes.

That's good to know as I think limiting (or even freezing) an empty player slot's cash balance is needed badly. Otherwise we will keep seeing late joiners being "rewarded" with endless amounts of cash and as a consequence bringing on the demise of realistic warfare...

In case of supply points accumulating indefinitely on (nearly) empty servers: Any chance we could see those capped or frozen as well?

The reasoning behind that being that it should be possible to let the mission run for extended periods of time and basically resume the fighting where it was left off when both sides were still populated by at least one human (effectively making it much harder for single players / single-sided populations to "roll the map" without encountering any human opposition)

That's good to know as I think limiting (or even freezing) an empty player slot's cash balance is needed badly. Otherwise we will keep seeing late joiners being "rewarded" with endless amounts of cash and as a consequence bringing on the demise of realistic warfare...

Yeah, this is a big problem. Some players do that all the time. Never capping towns. Just joining late and buying the cool stuff.

Also, the change of bounty for capping towns is not enough imo.

BUT: GREAT WORK GOSSA! It's getting better and better! Like I said before, I can't play any other Warfare now.

Yeah, this is a big problem. Some players do that all the time. Never capping towns. Just joining late and buying the cool stuff.

Also, the change of bounty for capping towns is not enough imo.

BUT: GREAT WORK GOSSA! It's getting better and better! Like I said before, I can't play any other Warfare now.

Thanks man.

What version are you playing? The latest is 3.03.b3, but I didn't see any servers playing it.

Be sure to tell your favourite server's admins of the latest versions :)

Thanks man.

What version are you playing? The latest is 3.03.b3, but I didn't see any servers playing it.

Be sure to tell your favourite server's admins of the latest versions :)

Most of the time I play 3.03.b3. 3k is not enough. :)

Right now, I got 7 servers running Gossamer's.

1x - v2.11 - 0 players.

1x - v.3.02 - 0 players.

2x - 3.02.b3 - 5+2 players. (both Chernarus)

3x - 3.03.b3 - 5+12+0 players. (2 Cherbarus and 1 Takistan.)

Not too easy finding a good server with Takistan on as you can see. :/ And with the newest version. But my biggest concern is the "fly-boys"-"late-joiners".

BONUS:

1. How does the AI difficulty work? I tried "green" today on a local server. Wow, they were not easy at all!

2. A parameter for starting towns? Or maybe a LITE version with just 10 cities and double the money. Three or two towns allows AF and so on. Is it hard for ME to change this? I'm not asking you to do it! :) Would be great for some 1on1 with my buddy. :) EDIT: I will take a look in the .pbo and see if i can do something about it.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

EDIT 2:

Bingo with money?

class startingMoney {

title = "$STR_WF_ParamMoney";

values[] = {0,500,1000,1500,2000,2500,5000,10000,15000,20000,25000,30000};

texts[] = {"$0","$500","$1000","$1500","$2000","$2500","$5000","$10000","$15000","$20000","$25000","$30000"};

default = 1500;

};

class startingSupplies {

title = "$STR_WF_ParamSupplies";

values[] = {0,500,1000,1500,2000,2500,5000,10000,15000,20000,25000,30000};

texts[] = {"0","500","1000","1500","2000","2500","5000","10000","15000","20000","25000","30000"};

default = 2500;

---------------------

EDIT 3:

Hmm, Devmode? How to activate that? Maybe perfect for some 1on1? :) And I suck at modding...

Edited by Posta

Lots of questions :)

1. AI difficulty is a value between 0 and 1 (1 being the best) that determines how good the AI are (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSkill). I guess I could set green's a bit lower.

2. Parameter for starting towns will definetly take a bit of work due the way they are initialized right now. The best way for you to pick and choose towns would to just go deleting/creating new ones in the map editor (that's the way I do it).

3. Right, if you set the default values to one of the values in the "values" array, then that will be the new default parameter. Though if you are in the MP Mission lobby, just log in as admin (unless you already are) and click parameters at the bottom of the screen to change them.

4. To turn on the dev mode features, you have to decompile the PBO file and then edit Client\Init\Init_Client.sqf, lines 160 - 181:

//DEV SECTION***********************************************************************************************************
//Click on the map to teleport to that location
//onMapSingleClick "vehicle player setpos _pos";

//Godmode
//player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];

//Mirrored Damage (The damage you are supposed to get, goes to the person shooting you) (don't enable GodMode along with this as that is redundant. Pick one or the other)
//player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false;if (player != (_this select 3)) then {(_this select 3) setDammage 1}}];

//High Resources
//[] ExecVM "Common\Dev\Dev_HighResources.Sqf";

//Buildings Build Fast
//[] ExecVM "Common\Dev\Dev_FastBuildings.Sqf";

//Set Player to Highest Rank
//[] ExecVM "Common\Dev\Dev_HighestRank.Sqf";

//Upgrade All Techs (Doesn't work since 3.00)
//[] ExecVM "Common\Dev\Dev_UpgradeAll.Sqf";
//DEV SECTION***********************************************************************************************************

All you do is uncomment which ones you want to take effect. I believe the fast buildings don't work in MP right now.

Lots of questions :)

1. AI difficulty is a value between 0 and 1 (1 being the best) that determines how good the AI are (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSkill). I guess I could set green's a bit lower.

2. Parameter for starting towns will definetly take a bit of work due the way they are initialized right now. The best way for you to pick and choose towns would to just go deleting/creating new ones in the map editor (that's the way I do it).

3. Right, if you set the default values to one of the values in the "values" array, then that will be the new default parameter. Though if you are in the MP Mission lobby, just log in as admin (unless you already are) and click parameters at the bottom of the screen to change them.

4. To turn on the dev mode features, you have to decompile the PBO file and then edit Client\Init\Init_Client.sqf, lines 160 - 181:

All you do is uncomment which ones you want to take effect. I believe the fast buildings don't work in MP right now.

1. Yeah I know about BIS skill (from Zeus AI). I did however believe that your parameter changed how BIG/Strong (how many tanks and such) the defending force would be. Now I know. :) The difference isn't that big then. "Green" can still kill you pretty easy. How bad is an AI with 0.0001 in skill?

2. Alright, I see! Nothing for me then. :)

3. Maybe adding some values. 30000, 90000, 200000 and so on? Of course in the right format. That wont broke the mission? Extending the array that is.

4. Nice! Hmm, did I see something like "// Towns required for AF = 0" somewhere? I looked in the Takistan one for like 2 minutes.

Thanks for your answers Gossa! I do not suck completely at modding though. :) I know how to add, change and delete some basic stuff. The biggest problem is finding what to change.

Ok, i'm very tired right now so this is even more "fuzzy" than usual.

Changes that I will make (1on1 faster game):

X High resources. Or not. Money (towns) should matter.

X 200k start cash. Allowing mass AI Tank capping.

X AF= 4 on Takistan. faster air. 8 towns a little too slow 1on1.

That should do it. Starting with 4 towns would be the best solution but thats impossible right?

(Hope you understand this crazy english!) xD

You can find the Min Towns for Air in Common\Init\Init_CommonConstants.sqf"

Lines 159 - 166:

//--- Minimum towns required to build an air factory
if (WARFAREWORLD == "Takistan") then {MINTOWNSFORAIR = 8};
if (WARFAREWORLD == "Lingor") then {MINTOWNSFORAIR = 6};
if (WARFAREWORLD == "Chernarus") then {MINTOWNSFORAIR = 8};
if (WARFAREWORLD == "Zargabad") then {MINTOWNSFORAIR = 3};
if (WARFAREWORLD == "Fallujah") then {MINTOWNSFORAIR = 8};
if (WARFAREWORLD == "IsolaDiCapraia") then {MINTOWNSFORAIR = 3};
if (WARFAREWORLD == "torabora") then {MINTOWNSFORAIR = 3};

Just change the value for whatever island you are playing on.

NOTE: Turning on high resources (dev mode) will automatically set min towns for air to 0.

Great! That should do it then! Thanks!

No problem.

DONE!

Changes, Takistan:

* 5000 for capping a town.

* 1000 for capping a camp.

* 100 000 starting money.

* Air Factory = 4.

* Changed logo.jpg.

This will make it a little bit faster I think 1on1.

I miss one thing though. The town supply points. 80 --> 160, 140 ---> 280 and so on. Is this easy for ME to change?

Yes. Its in:

\Server\Config\

Thanks!

[_town,_townName,140,140,_range,_t,_probability] ExecVM "Common\Init\Init_Location.sqf";

TO

[_town,_townName,280,280,_range,_t,_probability] ExecVM "Common\Init\Init_Location.sqf";

Right?

@ Gossamer

I did not notice any spawn prohibition at contested camps in 3.03b3, is this a switchable parameter?

And what about Airquake reduction...I still see swarms of A-10s up after 1,5 hours with just a half full server and game ending with total anihilation soon after.

And we had a teamwapper problem just yesterday, it is possible to teamswitch and get to see the spawn map before you're kicked...you can then join back on the other side and mark the enemy bases on map. We also had problem with goons joining our side just to kill our HQ and leaving the game right after.

All of this happening last night on TV2.

Edited by Beagle

@ Gossamer

I did not notice any spawn prohibition at contested camps in 3.03b3, is this a switchable parameter?

And what about Airquake reduction...I still see swarms of A-10s up after 1,5 hours with just a half full server and game ending with total anihilation soon after.

And we had a teamwapper problem just yesterday, it is possible to teamswitch and get to see the spawn map before you're kicked...you can then join back on the other side and mark the enemy bases on map. We also had problem with goons joining our side just to kill our HQ and leaving the game right after.

All of this happening last night on TV2.

It's not a parameter, I should probably make it one. As long as you own a camp and an enemy steps into it, you can't spawn there. I played a match on the weekend and it definetly worked and really added a whole new level of strategy.

You guys still aren't getting AA batteries up then. I'm not going to totally redesign everything regarding air when there IS a simple and effective solution. One TOR-M1 battery will PROBABLY take all those A-10s out because they won't know how to avoid the TOR's missile. I will be increasing costs of air soon, but it is up to players to learn how to use the tools that are given to them.

I had a bit of a delay on the teamswapper script so they could see why they were being kicked (BIS let us attach reasons to the damn kick command!), but I guess it just gets abused. I'll switch it back to the insta teamswap kick.

As for people showing up just to kill HQs on your own team, I'll try to prevent friendly fire on buildings. It's amazing in the small multiplayer community that there are more assholes than I have ever encountered in TF2, which has much more players.

Yes I know its also a tactical failure with Air owning the map in minutes, But since im all out in the weeds with a squad in foot most of the times Air Defense it not that much a job I considered. Making Air more expensive should do the trick.

Regarding camps..So I need to be INSIDE to prohibit spawn? just beeing around in a 10m circle does not do it, right? That would be why it did not work as espected ;)

Yes I know its also a tactical failure with Air owning the map in minutes, But since im all out in the weeds with a squad in foot most of the times Air Defense it not that much a job I considered. Making Air more expensive should do the trick.

Regarding camps..So I need to be INSIDE to prohibit spawn? just beeing around in a 10m circle does not do it, right? That would be why it did not work as espected ;)

15m radius will work.

Absolutely :-)

In all town config files for that you want to make the changes in this directory.

Worked great, thanks!

The changes are: (Takistan v. 0.1)

* 100k starting cash.

* 10k town capture.

* 1.2k camp capture.

* Towns for AF = 4. (Half)

* Double the cash (and supplies) from towns.

* Modded logo.jpg.

This made it better suiting for 1on1. You dont need to take that many towns. It's faster.

Too bad my friend dont find this too funny yet. He get rolled pretty easy, but he's getting better.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

@ Gossamer

1. That was new players right? Coming in with loads of money?

2. What's your nick in Arma? I have played on TV2 many times but never seen you. :)

What's your nick in Arma? I have played on TV2 many times but never seen you. :)
I use different names for different user profiles but it's "Ulanthorn" most of the time.

A "Disband ALL" would be nice!

I'll add a ticket to the bugtracker. Good suggestion.