Sign in to follow this  
fleepee

Rainy Fall Campaign

I'm releasing my first Campaign for ARMA2&OA:

Rainy Fall

Features:

It's a 10 slots MP campaign in Chernarus featuring 12 missions, with, I hope you'll agree, not a bad storyline.

The campaign is available with English and French versions, there are voices on all missions.

The missions are also playable on dedicated servers with ArmA 2 Combined Operations with this missions pack.

Installation:

Campaign: Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\Campaigns folder.

Missions: Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\MPMissions folder.

Credits & Thanks:

I want to thank everyone at OFPEC, Armaholic (hosting the files), BIS forums, and everyone who helped me! *BRAVO*

In particular:

Norrin(Revive script)

Kronzky (Urban Patrol Script)

Tophe of Ostgota (Random House Patrol, Vehicle Respawn)

Draper (Air Support)

Odin(Gaz Bomb, Edited by FleePee)

Killer [ADO], for the radio-active LAV texture

the Beta testers: Hoz (OFPEC), Lega

Voices:

Lou_Montana (a few US voices)

Resistance-rat (Jan Hitnik character, chernarussian voices)

JHunter ~Sparta~

Ebden ~Sparta~ for the english version corrections and storyline suggestions.

Description:

It's two years now that Chernarus people live in a fragile peace...

Russians did never accept to be driven out of the country by the coalition leaded by US army.

Since that camouflet, they only think of revenge, they still want to appropriate Chernarus territory and its natural resources, the harbors to where they want to build pipelines and oil terminals...

Thanks to an US military satellite, huge troops movements have been noticed near the border.

Questioned about them, the Russian government pretend that it's just exercises, they are on maneuvers...

Hard to believe...

I hope you'll enjoy, it was a lot of work!!

Feel free to give some feedback about it!

FleePee

Edited by fleepee

Another high quality campaign featuring voice work. Thank you so much for the hard work. ;)

Your campaign pbo mission directories include all the commonly used scripts which could be placed in campaign scripts directory.

There was also many instances of revive PDF manual in the mission dirs.

When you have sorted out these two issues, you'll be amazed how much smaller the pbo gets.

There was also many instances of revive PDF manual in the mission dirs

S..t, I forgot to remove them all...

Your campaign pbo mission directories include all the commonly used scripts which could be placed in campaign scripts directory.

Does the campaign scripts directory has to be created in the DtaExt folder?

How can I refer to these (I mean the path to these scripts) in the campagn missions?

Thanks, I'll check that to improve the campaign...

I first wanted it to work!:scratchchin:

Edited by fleepee
I added quotes

Hello fleepee

I just wanted to report a small bug, When i start the campaign i get this error message:

ArmA2OA2010-08-0818-01-22-12.jpg

It's because you started it in SP mode.

Choose "host" in the campaign menu: the campaign is designed for mp game, lan or internet, you then won't see that bug.

Edited by fleepee

Oh, So i can't play it in SP mode ?

Do i have to host it ?

Yes, host it and choose Lan if you want to play it alone...

:rolleyes:Fixed an error in a script making the very first mission really hard to finish, the links are the same, see first post...

Sorry about that!

How do you put the Kord in the truck please ? in the first mission , it tells me to put the Kord in the truck but i didnt manage to do it

thank you for the campaign btw ;)

Youri, the guy at the weapon cache, tells you to bring closer your vehicle (uncovered pick-up or truck), and when you're close enough to the container, the kord is loaded.

Edited by fleepee

Ohhh ok ! thank you for answer Fleepee , that's kind of you ;)

I finally had the last voices I was needing to update the campaign, thanks to JHunter ~Sparta~ !!!

I really want to thank Resistance Rat (character Jan Hitnik), JHunter ~Sparta~, Ebden ~Sparta~ (US voices, and Ebden also did english corrections) and Lou Montana for their help, taking time to record voices, and there was a lot of them!

(I did all other voices, and there was much more!!)

So here is the latest version of the campaign, with full voices and some minor changes...

See first post for the Armaholic link!

I also want to thank the Armaholic Team for reporting about my campaign and hosting the file!

FleePee

I just started playing your campaign. It is very difficult in SP but still fun with the voice acting and the "Resistance" type campaign I have been wanting. Any way to get around the bug that keeps crashing the 1st mission? Is that because I played it in SP instead of LAN?

Any way to get around the bug that keeps crashing the 1st mission? Is that because I played it in SP instead of LAN?

I really don't know, but as it is a coop campaign, it's better if you don't play it in SP mode...

Some scripts should not work in SP, an important one is the revive from Norrin...

I've edited and corrected all (even little) bugs in all missions for dedicated servers, I should update the campaign coop missions pack and the campaign itself.

Thanks fleepee. LIke I said before, I really like what you have done from what I've seen of the first mission. I hate to start over, but I will try it in LAN. One of my favorite things was loading all the weapons I could into a car, so it's like a mobile ammo cache ... RPGs, sniper rifles, etc. It makes it easier to complete the objectives against overwhelming firepower as long as your car doesn't get blown up.

The coop mission pack for dedicated servers from the campaign has been updated on armaholic website.

• A lot of little fixes and improvements have been done

• all missions are now available with 20 players slots

Thanks for that fleepee! Before I install your pack on the Comrades in Arms coop server (details on my sig), I wanted to ask if your campaign include any kind of respawnvive that cannot be cancelled?

All missions use Norrin's revive scripts.

I nerver tried it, but there is a "no revive" option in the lobby, try it...

All missions use Norrin's revive scripts.

I nerver tried it, but there is a "no revive" option in the lobby, try it...

Well, not only revive, but also Respawn in all missions, apparently. Too bad...

All missions look very impressive and appealing, but having the respawn makes them a "no-go" for our server.

Would you consider making a "respawn free" version for this pack? Revive is ok as long as it can be set to zero.

You can edit them if you wish.

Thanks Fleepee, I edited the description.ext files of all missions and changed respawn type from "BASE" to "GROUP". I think it works (when killed, it just respawn to an available AI in the team), although respawn parameters are still showing on the slots screen.

remove this line from the init.sqf file if you don't want any revive reference:

[] execVM "revive_init.sqf";