Sign in to follow this  
Ozihcs

Aiming the zsu

Are there any aim assists when operating the zeus as a gunner? Hitting all three bombers in Coltan Blues is pretty hard, especially as the cannon only fires about 20 rounds before pausing for a couple of seconds.

Are there any aim assists when operating the zeus as a gunner? Hitting all three bombers in Coltan Blues is pretty hard, especially as the cannon only fires about 20 rounds before pausing for a couple of seconds.

Actually I'd like to know that too, I had the same problem, every attempt so far I can only shoot down one.

I once got all three, but unfortunately one of them got far enough down the valley for my character to complain "damn it got past me" - so even though I got it before it dropped its load, I got a fail on the mission :j:

I managed to hit all 3 on my first attempt. You need to aim in front of the jets -about 1/2 cm in front! Most hits occur when the jets are pretty much side on to you.

I completed the OA missions very quickly, is there really only the 4 missions?

I managed to hit all 3 on my first attempt. You need to aim in front of the jets -about 1/2 cm in front! Most hits occur when the jets are pretty much side on to you.

I completed the OA missions very quickly, is there really only the 4 missions?

No there are about 8.

There are MANPADS in the ammo boxes under the camo netting.

Sure; and you can carry two rockets at once; the fast movers arrive with ~10s interval, so you have time to reload but not fetch new ammo inbetween. The easiest way to complete the mission is probably to load up with two rockets, and then man the ZSU. If you manage to hit the first jet you can then exit the ZSU and get the last two using the heatseekers. However, manning the ZSU is made harder by the bug which prevents you from using the action menu with a launcher equipped.

(I did get past the mission incidentally).

You don't need to destroy all aircraft, only two are needed to complete the task successfully.

There are aa launchers in the long box but if you want to use the zsu climb in the gunner seat and just stay in that view don't aim. When the first planes comes aim at it and press tab to target it and a green box will appear around it. Then move your curser a little in front of the plane and you will see a circle appear in the sqaure to let you know you're leading correctly. Then you just fire. Hope this helps:)

I got this one first time it seemed easy, but I never remember the AA gun pausing after 20 rounds or pausing at all.

i thought this part was really silly...the USAF should have the entire Taki airforce wiped out as well as constant CAP cover

Just like in Operation Anaconda? ;)

Ups, nevermind. They lacked artillery support, not air support - my bad :D

Edited by CarlGustaffa

i thought this part was really silly...the USAF should have the entire Taki airforce wiped out as well as constant CAP cover

I explained this in a different thread. The way I took it was that Aziz gave them a deadline and thus they had to rush the operation. Aircraft that would normally have been used to take out airfields might have gone towards knocking out Scuds or been deployed to more important parts of the country.

I know that is a bit of a stretch but it was the only way for me to rationalize it.

I got this one first time it seemed easy, but I never remember the AA gun pausing after 20 rounds or pausing at all.

This happens for me too, and as far as I can tell it's not an addon that causes it, but for some reason the ZU-23 has a 40-round magazine with 9 magazines in reserve, meaning it goes through all of its shots in just about a second. I know for a fact it's supposed to have a 1000 round magazine with one or two in reserve.

This bug makes ZU-23s completely pointless.

any AA weapon is great against infantry :D

Especially Stinger missiles :D