clanrising

Problem with mods when launching arma 3 server on linux dedicated server

Hello everyone,

1/Here is my first problem: when i try to launch the server with this command line :

nohup ./arma3server -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -name=server.Arma3Profile -mod=@CBA_A3;@r3f_armes;@task_force_radio;@r3f_uniformes -world=empty -port=2302 -noSound

-->The server seems to detect only CBA_A3 mod.

To launch the server i have to type this command line :

nohup ./arma3server -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -name=server.Arma3Profile -mod=@CBA_A3 -mod=@r3f_armes -mod=@task_force_radio -mod=@r3f_uniformes -world=empty -port=2302 -noSound

Like this the server detect all my mods so what is the problem with my first command line?

Second problem i want to launch a mission on takistan so i type

nohup ./arma3server -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -name=server.Arma3Profile -mod=@CBA_A3 -mod=@r3f_armes -mod=@task_force_radio -mod=@r3f_uniformes -mod=@A3MP -world=empty -port=2302 -noSound

--> So i added mod=@A3MP to the initial command line but now the server disapears from the arma 3 server browser.

I type "top" on my linux console and i can see the arma3server process running but it s invisible in the game server browser.

So it seems that adding the mod @A3MP ( arma 3 map pack ) makes my server disapear.

I know that the command line i use is a mess but i can t find the correct one to launch the server with all my mods.

Any help would be nice i m new to linux and i don t know what to do.Thanks a lot

First problem is formatting, should be mod=@cba_a3\;@tmr_alt

• Like 1

First problem is formatting, should be mod=@cba_a3\;@tmr_alt

Thanks for the tip, it works like this with all mods except @A3MP , as soon as i launch the server with this mod, the server is invisible

Is there a reason that you're not using a seperate file to launch with? Example below, just change the directories to suit your needs...

#!/bin/bash
#
# armaserver: ArmA 2 Linux Dedicated Server Control Script
#  (c) 2010 BIStudio
#  ArmA 2 binary version must be 1.04 or later
#
##
## slightly addapted by DaOarge for Arma3
##

#=======================================================================
#========               CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS                ========
#======== MUST BE EDITED MANUALLY TO FIT YOUR SYSTEM PARAMETERS ========
ARMA_DIR=/opt/arma3
CONFIG=server.cfg
CFG=basic.cfg
PROFILES=/opt/arma3/userconfig
PORT=2302
PIDFILE=${ARMA_DIR}/${PORT}.pid
RUNFILE=${ARMA_DIR}/${PORT}.run
LOGFILE=${ARMA_DIR}/log.${PORT}.txt
SERVER=${ARMA_DIR}/arma3server
OTHERPARAMS="-cpucount=4 -maxMem=2047 -nosound -exthreads=1 -noCB"
MODS=@CBA_A3\;@tmr_alt\;@a3mp
ulimit -c 1000000

case "$1" in

start)
if [ -f ${RUNFILE} ]; then
$0 stop
fi
echo "Starting A3 server..."
# file to mark we want server running...
echo "go" >${RUNFILE}
# launch the background watchdog process to run the server
nohup </dev/null >/dev/null $0 watchdog &
;;

stop)
echo "Stopping A3 server..."
# ask watcher process to exit by deleting its runfile...
rm -f ${RUNFILE}
fi
# and terminate ArmA 2 server process
if [ -f ${PIDFILE} ]; then
kill -TERM $(< ${PIDFILE})
rm -f ${PIDFILE}
fi
fi
;;

status)
echo "A3 server should be running..."
else
echo "A3 server not running check logfile..."
fi
PID=$(< ${PIDFILE})
echo "PID file exists (PID=${PID})..."
if [ -f /proc/${PID}/cmdline ]; then
echo "Server process seems to be running..."
fi
fi
;;

check)
echo -n "ArmA 2 directory: ${ARMA_DIR} "
if [ -d ${ARMA_DIR} ]; then
echo "OK"
else
echo "MISSING!"
fi

echo -n "Server executable: ${SERVER} "
if [ -x ${SERVER} ]; then
echo "OK"
else
echo "ERROR!"
fi

echo "Port number: ${PORT}"

echo -n "Config file: ${CONFIG} "
if [ -f ${CONFIG} ]; then
echo "OK"
else
echo "MISSING!"
fi

echo "PID file: ${PIDFILE}"
echo "RUN file: ${RUNFILE}"

;;

restart)
$0 stop
$0 start
;;

watchdog)
# this is a background watchdog process. Do not start directly
while [ -f ${RUNFILE} ]; do
# launch the server...
cd ${ARMA_DIR}
echo >>${LOGFILE} "WATCHDOG ($$): [$(date)] Starting server (port ${PORT})..."
${SERVER} >>${LOGFILE} 2>&1 -config=${CONFIG} -cfg=${CFG} -port=${PORT} -pid=${PIDFILE} -mod=${MODS} ${OTHERPARAMS}
echo >>${LOGFILE} "WATCHDOG ($$): [$(date)] Server died, waiting to restart..."
sleep 5s
else
echo >>${LOGFILE} "WATCHDOG ($$): [$(date)] Server shutdown intentional, watchdog terminating"
fi
done
;;
*)
echo "$0 (start|stop|restart|status|check)"
;;
esac

This still has some A2 stuff in it, not sure why as I didn't write it.

ok it works now with the script it launch my server with all addons include A3MP but when i try to launch a domi on takistan i m kicked back to the lobby

Edited by clanrising

Check the rpt log and see what's causing that. Put it on pastebin/pastie and link it here.

It should be called log.<<port number>>.txt and be in your base directory.

Check the rpt log and see what's causing that. Put it on pastebin/pastie and link it here.

It should be called log.<<port number>>.txt and be in your base directory.

Thanks for your help dude, here is the log file, i ve launched my server with @A3MP enabels and the server is invisible in the arma 3 server browser :

WATCHDOG (1819): [samedi 15 février 2014, 13:28:02 (UTC+0100)] Server shutdown intentional, watchdog terminating

WATCHDOG (1837): [samedi 15 février 2014, 13:28:33 (UTC+0100)] Starting server (port 2302)...

AppId parsing successful. Using appId=107410

../lib/Network/networkServer.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!

Cannot open file '/home/clanrising/Steam/SteamApps/common/Arma3server/prive/@A3MP\addons\a3mp_map_utes_data.pbo'

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

off course i ve tried to delete the a3mp_map_utes_data.pbo but then it gives another error related to another pbo...The problem seems to be that the server cannot open any pbo file located in @A3MP folder.

I would delete and re-download @A3MP most likely a corrupt install

Does this script work with windows servers too? I have 50+ mods I need to load onto the server at start and I can't as the target line can only have 255 characters.

@Mike you can combined mods into fewer folders as long as they have the \Addons\*.pbo folder structure. Makes it more difficult to update them but it's the only way to get around 255 char limit

That is what I have been doing, I was just hoping there was some file I could use to list all of my mods so I can update them more logically.

Hello, regarding the Arma 3 Mappack i have i fix since i struggled weeks with it. To make @A3MP work on Linux you have to change all filenames to lowercase. Still the problem that some mods especially vehicle mods will not work. I tried to escape the semicolon which didnt work. The mods in the server browser were not visible only a lot of semicolons which from my knowledge should be the way it works (weird i know) still i cant add custom vehicle mods to my missions when launching the mission on my linux server.

Hope the fix regarding @A3MP helps. When working on console you can rename all files to lower case (forgot the command, google sth like linux lowercase recursive)

That dont work...
./arma3server -name="arma" -config="server.cfg" -autoinit -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/a10" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/ares" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/f15" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/f22" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/rappelling" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/urbanrappelling" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/achilles" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/cba_a3" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/f16" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/f37" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/slingloading" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/weapons" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/ai" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/f14" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/f2" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/fir" -mod="/steamcmd/arma3/mods/workshop/towing"

NOTHING... IT wont see them.

By the way, you can use this command to turn everything lowercase ONLY DO THIS IN THE FOLDER/DIR WITH THE MODS!
I am not responsible if you ruin the shared objects in your DEFAULT ARMA PATH.
find . -depth -exec rename 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;
I use /mods/workshop/
rename them all, remove the @, is that what breaks my mods?