Sign in to follow this  
cescollino

holes

hi people im making a veichle like a truck but i dont know how i can make holes in the solid figures for make windows anyone can help me?:bounce3:

Press key "T" to get into "touch faces" mode. Select the face in which you want to have a hole (only a single face). Then in the top menu, goto "Faces -> Split/Hole", select hole and number of points. You might have to repeat this of you have faces on both sides of the door. After you have to holes you can move the points around to form the shape of the window. As said, repeat it for all faces involved. After that, you might want to close the gaps between the outer side and the inner side.

Switch to point selection mode "V" and from those windows points, select always 2 from outer face and 2 corresponding from inner face so you have 4 points selected then hit "F6" to create a plane there. Repeat until all gaps are closed. Maybe you'll have to reverse the new created faces.

thanky u myke! and yea i use o2 and hmm i was wondering if from making veichles windows its better to make holes or just build the structure around... :bounce3: thanks

nobody knows it??

anyway why i cant make cylinders or circles??? when i try to make them appare olnly a pentagon or something like that:confused:

thanks

Does your model already has an UV or is it a fresh model without texture?

If it has a UV there isn't much you can do in O2..beside fucking your model up. It can still be fixed, but then you have to edit the UV. O2's UV editor isn't that handy imho.

There are several ways to come to the same thing. That is the joy of modeling...only the end result counts. But in the same way, it depends what you want to accomplish (simple 2D hole, beveled hole etc...).

As for circles/cilinders, you need to set your amount of "segments radius" (the amount of corners).

A rule i still follow is make even amount of corners, so a 4-8-16-32-64 based segment cilinder...this will be easier to reduce once unwrapped.

Anyway, explaining how to make something without knowing what you want to accomplish is hard to explain. So please be more specific (even with picture) if you want more help.

Great job! i was wondering why no one is making MRAPS (although i read that they are a life saver)

anyway if you want i might be able to do some very basic textures since i'm working on a MaxxPro MRAP wich you can see Here

NZX Shadow is working on sveral MRAPS, Uparmored Humvees, Uparmored Trucks etc. but he doesn't have access to his computer right now so it will be a while.

http://forums.bistudio.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=183

He already has a WIP of his UpArmored Humvees from a release a while back in this thread. It's possible he can give you advice when he gets his rig back.

http://forums.bistudio.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=149