Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

laser airstrikes please!!!

Hi I have struggled to find a good answer on this. Nearly every airstrike thread i have found links me to the secops thread which is filled with people asking questions and only half getting the answers they need. I still cant find what i need to know and that is how to call in an airstrike on a town while using the laser designator.

I am new to this so i do need to know what all the scripts are to add into the activation field and what modules (if any need to be synced to my player.) This is the last thing i really need to understand. I tried to disect the first mission in harvest red in which you can call in a strike on the town but it was far too scripted to understand.

Hi I have struggled to find a good answer on this. Nearly every airstrike thread i have found links me to the secops thread which is filled with people asking questions and only half getting the answers they need. I still cant find what i need to know and that is how to call in an airstrike on a town while using the laser designator.

I am new to this so i do need to know what all the scripts are to add into the activation field and what modules (if any need to be synced to my player.) This is the last thing i really need to understand. I tried to disect the first mission in harvest red in which you can call in a strike on the town but it was far too scripted to understand.

Here ya go bro. This is a quick simple mission using the laser air strike and suplly drop. It's the best way to do it and works every time.

1. Use the radio to trigger the que. This will add either one air stike or one supply drop depending on which you select.

2. Then call in the air strike under the communication via the orders menu.

You will here your player call it in. Then paint the target with your laser (not needed for supply drop).

3. Wait a minute then you will here the planes flyby. On there next pass, bombs away.

Hope this helps bro!

http://www.filefront.com/14742557/test%2520lase.Chernarus.rar

I am a noob too and I found this tutorial VERY helpful, it did everything I wanted and nothing I didn't. Thanks Sick1. :)

Can you tell me what I would need to add to have the following support please:

- Chopper extraction

- Artillery barrage

thank you very much sick1 that helped a lot. one day i will make a great campaign just like your seal team 6. in fact i was thinking of disecting ST6 to see how u made it because its more stable and better scripted than the official campagin.

Edit: just tested it and yes it works. The scripts where pretty much what i needed to know and what triggers to use. Im chuffed to bits now. i guess if i do not want the option for the supply drop i can delete "supply drop" from the on act in the first trigger.

Edited by Archamedes

Has it been tested in coop mp? With all the others SecOps Ive tried, we never seem to be able to call the radio once its on the server. Works great in the editor...I was standing waaaay to close to the tank during test --lmao!

fingers crossed :bounce3:

Edited by katdogfizzow

Update: Does not work on dedicated server--only when I set up my one solo connection to another person. :(

WAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by katdogfizzow

Could someone re-upload this, or otherwise tell me how to use the laser designator to call in an off-screen strike in a multiplayer environment?

I've got all the sample missions, including Arty among other things. I find sample missions are a great way to learn and you'll be able to do the scripting yourself once you understand the process. I don't have the original links but i'll upload them to fileplanet. Airstrikes+laser designator works fine in MP too.

Has anybody played a mission that requires laser targeting, so I can go pull it apart?

Cheers, Bon.

Ed:

Thanks to Bon, I discovered 'laserTarget' is a class name, which allowed me to write this script, which is about as simple and versatile as I can think to make it, so you can adapt it to your own circumstances:

varName = true;

while {varName} do {
_lasertargets = nearestObjects[player,["LaserTarget"],2000];

{if ((_x distance targetName) < 10) then
{
player addaction ["Call Strike" , "strike.sqf" ];
varName = false;
};
}foreach _lasertargets;
sleep 1;
	};

Edited by Reimann