Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Cannot Select Objects

On a particular terrain I'm doing I've lost the ability to select objects in Visitor, I've had it before and solved it by simply restarting V3, but now the problem persists and refuses to go away.

The weird thing is that everything works fine on other projects, but this one it refuses to go away. Even if I start a new project and import the same heightmap I get the same problem. mad_o.gif

Heightmap is 4096px with 10m cells, I have never had this problem before with this terrain size, anyone know what to do?

All these bugs are starting to really piss me off. mad_o.gif

-edit-

Ok problem fixed for now by reinstalling V3 AGAIN....

-2nd edit-

Problem back after using import templates and import objects....

I have also run into this. To top it off, on the same load I can move objects in certain areas of the island but not others - that really is annoying.

I will try reinstalling V3 and maybe it will stop.

Again i had a similar prblem but it literally just stopped happeneing

So sorry i cant really help

Hands up whos having fun !!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Wedge

Have had this too, dumped my whole project then.

I'm sorry i do not have a solution for it, but i hope you can figure it out.

Allie

I have also run into this. To top it off, on the same load I can move objects in certain areas of the island but not others - that really is annoying.

I will try reinstalling V3 and maybe it will stop.

Yes, I discovered this today too.

Here you see it, left side is acting normal, right side objects can only be selected by dragging over them, but not clicking on them.

[img[/img]

-edit-

This seems to happen exclusively on 4096x4096 10m cell terrain....

Okay I think I've isolated the bug to some extent.

Here's what I think is happening:

After some test it seems as there's a limited number of cells you can have on a map before this bug appears. I can't say the exact number, but it seems as if when you exceed the number of cells there's an invisible boundary in which you lose the ability to select objects. So if you imagine drawing a box from the top left corner, expanding down to to right, you can only have a limited number of cells that objects are selectable in. Once you exceed this cell size on a terrain, the area outside of that box makes objects un selectable.

Here's an image to illustrate:

box.jpg

I'm pretty sure that this is what's going on.

Hmmm, yes.....interesting.

You can still select individual objects outside the 'box'......so to speak.

Just draw a rectangle round it.....then Edit Menu........Object Properties (or ENTER) will enable you to specify its new parameters.

It seems that anything beyond X= 26839.1, and anything under Y= 14125.1 is affected, for that size map anyway.

Only seems to be a problem for 4096X4096 sized maps.

Planck

Quote[/b] ]Only seems to be a problem for 4096X4096 sized maps.

Thats just great nws for the poor sods that are working on maps that size, bloody wonderful