Sign in to follow this  
msy

How to order AI to touch off sarchel charge by my command?

First you order an AI to put a satchel charge at one place, then you order him move to a safe place. Your purpose is to order him to touch off the satchel charge when you want to. But once AI moves to a safe distance from the charge, he will automatically touch off the charge.

Is this is a bug? Or how to let AI don't do anything before you order him to touch off the charge?

===========

I have make a CIT

Please vote for it, a very interesting demo.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27411

Edited by msy

timebomb != pipebomb ?

Suggesting to ensure you are indeed using triggered Satchels and not their time-fuzed twins :D

timebomb != pipebomb ?

Suggesting to ensure you are indeed using triggered Satchels and not their time-fuzed twins :D

I don't want use any trigger. I just want AI do it in real time.

Look, there´s 2 types of satchel charges in the game, one goes off after 30 seconds (classname: timebomb), the others are triggered (classname: pipebomb). So no matter what you mean by "real time" - you want to make sure using pipebombs.

Look, there´s 2 types of satchel charges in the game, one goes off after 30 seconds (classname: timebomb), the others are triggered (classname: pipebomb). So no matter what you mean by "real time" - you want to make sure using pipebombs.

It is pipebomb. Then how to make AI touch off the pipebomb by my command not from trigger in editor, but in game?

F1-10 (select according unit)

6 (bring up actions submenu)

Then look for the entry where it says "detonate satchel" and press it´s according number :)

Edited by Mr Burns

F1-10 (select according unit)

6 (bring up actions submenu)

Then look for the entry where it says "detonate satchel" and press it´s according number :)

Have you tested it yourself?

1.Order an AI to put a satchel charge at place A.

2.Order the AI to move to the safe place B.

3.You wait for a random time and order the AI to touch off the charge.

when you order that AI to a safe place, at the 2nd step, once he reaches there, he will automatically touch off the charge but not wait for your signal.

And this is the problem.

Just tested. I don´t have this issue.

As the mighty BI dev´s always say: Sample mishun or it didn´t happen.

I have just played a mission and had exactly the same issue (actually I have had it quite a number of times). You equip a guy in your team with Satchel Charges (never saw Pipebombs or Timebombs whatsoever), order him to deploy it and then you can only order him to detonate if you don't get too far, because if you do he automatically detonates.

I have just played a mission and had exactly the same issue (actually I have had it quite a number of times). You equip a guy in your team with Satchel Charges (never saw Pipebombs or Timebombs whatsoever), order him to deploy it and then you can only order him to detonate if you don't get too far, because if you do he automatically detonates.

If this issue relates to your distance to the bomb or to that AI, it will be more interesting.

I think I should make a detailed demo mission and upload it to CIT.

provide simple repro mission add it to CIT ticket (if there is no existing one then make one)

Same here, no animation can be found if we use command

unit fire ["pipebombmuzzle","pipebombmuzzle","pipebomb"];

though AI will no longer detonate the bomb automatically.

Bomb was created right below the guy instead of the guy kneeing and putting the bomb.