Sign in to follow this  
SpragClutch

Sooo Disappointed!

Trying to make things work.

Edited by SpragClutch
Giving a 2nd chance

I do not understand what would be the point of a civilian helicopter simulation/game if manoeuvres were not at least a bit challenging.

In my opinion, if Take On Helicopters had Arma2 flight models and ease of controls, with Take On Helicopters campaign, I would have been pleased.

I don't understand how a real pilot could make such a statement. If you're seriously suggesting that you would be satisfied with the Arma 2 flight model in a helicopter game/simulator I almost cannot believe you fly helicopters in real life. Sorry. Or maybe you have just a very special expectation of a helicopter game/sim O.o

People are also currently tweaking the FM until BIS has finished the 1.3 patch: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=127835

Edited by zoog

someone like me that only wants to play this game with a mouse and keyboard

Wants to play a flight sim with mouse and keyboard

Complains about controls

Olololololololololololololololol :yay:

I found the best thing about this game!

THE CREDITS!

a game with in a game.

:yay:

ARMA2 states on the box its the most realistic military simulation ever developed. And I play that with a mouse and keyboard!:j:

I found the best thing about this game!

THE CREDITS!

a game with in a game.

:yay:

ARMA2 states on the box its the most realistic military simulation ever developed. And I play that with a mouse and keyboard!:j:

Because so far no other commercially viable input device has been designed for controlling infantry. You can't say the same for aircraft simulation.

But then again, you already know that.

Take on Helicopters but with the Arma 2 flight model? Isn't that Arma 2? You already own that so you are happy right?

He has a point though - I returned Black Shark 2 because I couldn't control it with my Wii Controller...

Personally I haven't touched an ArmA heli since the first CP release.

So much better here at ToH.

Alright guys, cool it.

I watched a few videos in the video thread and spied the take on helicopter box training video. Which allowed me to see that it is possible.

So the question is, what type of controllers are you guys flying with? Joysticks, or full set such as cyclic, collective, and pedals?

Thanks in advance.:)

PS. For those degrading to the low likes of calling other liars, is putty stupid. But I guess that's the internet.

I use the Saitek X52 Pro with CH Pro Pedals. There currently are some issues with the Flight Model, but it's still flyable on expert with those controls (hover is very hard though). If you only use kb/mouse you should not put it on expert, but on an easier setting.

All in all it's flyable with my setup. Although the right roll etc. is irritating. But it's being worked on :)

putty stupid? :icon_ohmygod:

I use mouse and keyboard with expert flight difficulty settings.

I've got plenty of videos around here displaying control of both Light and Medium flight models, and I'm not even a pilot! ;)

I'm using a Logitech G940. I originally tried to fly with an Xbox 360 controller but it just didn't have the fine control needed.

This games needs a proper joystick and an analogue throttle (to control the collective) otherwise it will be a very frustrating experience.

If you are a real pilot, you will start to appreciate the game more with a more appropriate input device.

I'm using a Logitech G940. I originally tried to fly with an Xbox 360 controller but it just didn't have the fine control needed.

This games needs a proper joystick and an analogue throttle (to control the collective) otherwise it will be a very frustrating experience.

If you are a real pilot, you will start to appreciate the game more with a more appropriate input device.

Logitech G940 is a system, including pedals, throttle and joytic?

Logitech G940 is a system, including pedals, throttle and joytic?

It is yes. A few others are using it for this game as well, but I think that there is also a Saitek system that is popular.

I am using Driving Force Pro's pedals as rudder, and Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II (with removed spring from cyclic and removed idle/ afterburner steps from collective and the latter mounted on the side of my chair so i can handle it more like a real thing). Gonna get TrackIR or try doing it myself with FreeTrack in about 2 weeks.

SamB

I would suggest the author to edit the OP, so people don't come in this thread to go totally off topic, as now the thread is about controller options and how they can enhance the player experience.

I think it takes some pratice to get used to the new FM, but everyone will get it, sooner or later, I believe.

@Spragclutch

Your fellow pilots have been working on some flight model tweaks. They apparently help to make the flying in take on a little easier and more authentic. From what I gathered, the issue with the fm right now seems to be that while the flight model's blade element theory model is very descriptive of aerodynamic behaviour, it requires some more time and attention on the rotor hinge simulation. Don't take that as official information, it's second hand (and interesting, I think).

Official flight model improvements are planned in the third official patch. The developers are currently working with the creators of the flight model library to improve the system as a whole.

@All

If you feel that there is trolling going on, please report it. If calling someone a troll is all you have to contribute to a discussion, please withhold your posts. Thank you.

SpragClutch, I agree with you and share your frustation with the stock model. Please see my thread titled Flight Dynamics, Important Issues and my other thread titled First Community Patch for more details on what the community is doing about this. I have my TOH helicopters flying reasonably well now after some tweaking of the dynamics.

See spoiler for my credentials.

CFI Rotorcraft/Helicopter with PPL FW priveleges.

the more stupid a thread the more postings. The threadstarter wants the arma2 flight model in Toh. The threadstarter wants to be able to have full control in expert mode with mouse and keyboard. Please more braindead-indicators, please more. Sometimes its like the muppets show here in the forum

here is an example what kind of flying is possible with the current flightmodel in expert mode

not easy but possible.