Sign in to follow this  
jantsik

You were kicked off the server , session lost.

I've searched everywhere ,google, forums etc...

I found some threads about this ,but none of them give an awnser.

80% of the servers i try to get on kick me right after connecting, giving the msg "You were kicked off the server" or "Session lost" . The "kicking" msg comes most of the time, and i don't know what to do...

I bought the game on steam 3 days ago, could it be steams fault???

If any of you guys have got this error/msg and can help me with this plz do, i really loved OFPGOTY and i would love to play this game online, but well... i can't...

PS: I'm not using any mods or addons, so the server cant kick me cuz of that, plz help

What game are you playing? ArmA2 or Operation Arrowhead?

Must be different game versions.

Not sure the best way to update with Steam so best to search on the forum.

im playin' OA ,when i DL'd the game from staem it was already 1.52, so i have the newest patch...

Be sure to connect to only those games that have Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead in the Expansions line.

I am connecting to those servers, but still...

Any more ideas? Could it be steams fault?

session lost could be a failure to initialize battleye, If you have that installed at all.

I dont think its mods because it would usualy say something about the server been signed and you dont have correct files etc etc.

http://www.battleye.com/download.html

Use the above link to download and install battleye, make sure you get the...

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead

BE Client for Windows (32-bit) THIS ONE

BE Server for Windows (32-bit)

(Put these files into the Expansion\BattlEye folder of your ArmA 2: OA install directory)

BE Server for Linux (32-bit)

(Put this file into the expansion/battleye folder of your server install directory)

EDIT:

After reading more of your post, it is possible that a server is running required mods, however im sure 80% of servers out there are not tuned like this, I do believe most servers out there are running combined arms. As you say you love the game, Get arma2 off steam as well :-)

It does make things alot more interesting :-D

Edited by CannonousCrash

On steam you have the option to reinstall the BattleEye client (right click the game and it is in the drop down menu).

It's not the battleeye, i have it installed like it should be...

It could be duplicate ID or some left over addons in your default addon folder in OA.

It's very important to not install addons in your default addon folder for OA.

XXXX\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Common\ 70 files here

XXXX\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\Addons\ 62 files here

Ask Dwarden, he can check if you CD-KEY are OK.

Session lost: could also be bad internet connection, high ping, or running Wireless connection.

It's been 2 weeks now ,and i've got no response from Dwarden, the problem still remains.

Any ideas??!

I have the same problem. Steam User of Combined Operations. Right now i´ve only OA installed but i´ve continuesly have this problem with only OA or Combined Operations as well. I am making sure that I try to connect to servers that only run OA with no expansions. I can connect to any server online but as soon as i´ve selected a slot and once the map is downloaded it stays at "Receiving data" and nothing happens. After 2-3 minutes i´m getting the "User <name> was kicked from the session" or "User <name> was banned" and i keep getting this message all over and over.

Another guy also reported that i´m getting the message "Signature check timed out". Strange.

I´ve checked my modem my router my PC. I´ve disabled the firewall either software or hardware side. But I have no luck however hosting myself is not an issue.

This is still a big problem for me, the timed-out signature check is causing havoc on my server, over 50% of all players get kicked and or banned, I even got banned this morning and had to reset my own server (I was able to play fine last night with exact same mods) before joining it.

I really hope that someone has an explanation/solution for this, it's getting ridiculous.

I have also this problem, i cant conect to servers where is Battleye on, i did manualy reinstaled it but not working...

Digital download - downloaded from xfire (not steam)

plzz help

As an example, I had installed a sound customization last night for custom voices in the menu,

and when i joined my Arma 2 server I got the same message, but when i removed the sound addon, then I was able to join.

Point is do you have something in your files that the server dont?

Some servers require that the client (you) have the same files (mods)

set in the servers cfg, some files need to be on a server in order for them to work,

and if its not then who ever tries to connect will get kicked, not saying this is happening but this is very relevent.

equalModRequired = 1; 	 Outdated - replaced by verifySignatures! 
Clients require the exact same modfolder naming, order and amount as the server. 1 means active, 0 disabled. 

You wont know that the server would have this or not but normally it would be verify signatures and most of the time

the verify for most servers is enabled for public servers kinda of a security feature if you will.

again do you have something you installed that maybe the server dont have?

Are you guys playing the default, or vanilla game to a server that isn't modded,

or are you connecting to a server that is also vanilla game,

meaning no mods or any added addons to play a specific mission.

don't forget try new public beta, it has improved behaviour on the equalmodrequired (needed on both server-client in that case)

i'm having this problem as well i either get kicked or it says session lost, how can this be fixed

Same problem here. Tried beta, redownloaded battle eye, added missing

pbo, restarted modem. Any ideas what to try next?

I'm having this same problem too.

I'm using the Steam version of OA/CO, and i only get the kicked off server or session lost errors when I'm running the game as CO, and attempting to join CO servers/games. When running only OA, and attempting to join OA games, there's no issue.

I've replaced the mission_e pbo, applied the beta patch, but to no avail. I've also scanned my addons folder to ensure there were no extra addon pbo's in there, but as far as i can tell it's all good (though i wouldn't mind seeing a list of the files you're supposed to have in there to make sure i didnt miss any of the addons i lazily put there in the past).

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

.....furthermore, as i said, it's only CO games i cannot join (even if i'm running the game as CO). And it's also notable that certain servers consistently give me the "kicked off game", where the others consistently give me "session lost" if that's any help.

Any at all? Even when you just run as operation arrowhead (and not combined ops)?

Also, out of curiosity, are you running the steam version? And do you use 3rd party addons?

Hi ppl, i finally found out what was causing the problems... FINALLY ! ! !

I lost these errors by forwarding my ports. Just as simple as that!

I am using the steam version of the game.

Hope this helps a lot of ppl having this problem ! Have a nice MP game :D