Sign in to follow this  
snoutmaster

Windows 7 -64 Bit

I cant get operation arrowhead to work in windows 7 64 bit

Its crazy It works immediately after I install it from the start up grey menu but when I try to start it from shortcut on Desktop it wont start. I have done a full reinstall of Arma 2 dvd and OA and patched both. Still wont start from the exe or the desktop shortcut. Can I please get some help?

Right click and run as admin, if that dont work right click and troubleshoot compatibility. I havent gotten the game yet, but thats kinda stuff that I've had to do to other games, I think Win 7 hates DRM too, so if it has any that might stop it. For example, I have the Witcher, it wouldnt start up no matter what I did to it, I downloaded a patch for it that disabled the DRM, worked fine after that.

I've only had Win7 for a few weeks now, so I'm still figuring stuff out too, hope that helps some though.

Which version of OA? Sprocket? I have that and it runs fine in win7 64 with no compatibility modes or whatever.

Which version of OA? Sprocket? I have that and it runs fine in win7 64 with no compatibility modes or whatever.

Arma 2 DVD + OA Sprocket + Win 7 64 and no modes either here, works fine... sorry I can't be of much help.

I'm running the Steam version on Windows 7 64-bit and it runs fine.

Very strange, at a guess I'd say it's some kind of Securom problem, do you have anything installed which might cause problems such as Virtual CD Drives like Daemon tools and such? ArmA2 still runs fine?

Im running the sprocket version and It wont start up

I have the exact same combo as you and mine is rock stable. Did you make sure your downloaded files passed CRC check?

Running sprocket OA with Windows 7 64 bit.

Running boxed ArmA 2 with Windows 7 64 bit.

Both are working fine.

Yes I am running a Virtual CD Drives that might be the problem -I will get back to you about this after I uninstall Daemon Tools

Try reinstalling again, then before you run the game goto Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> Turn on/off Windows Firewall -> and select to turn off windows firewall (just temporarily)

After that try running OA several times. Then re-enable your Windows Firewall.

This may not work but it may be an issue with the activation getting blocked from access to the servers. It should warn you if this happens but it may be a bug in the activation.

Ive contacted Secure Rom they reported it is working fine,I have uninstalled Daemon Tools, I have done 3 reinstalls of Arma & OA.

Ive done a Graphics Card update. I see it working in task manager but it wont appear on screen.

How can it only work from the grey install screen launcher and not from the EXE.

I only get presented the grey launcher immediately after install and it works I'm so confused.

Yeah that really shouldn't be necessary.

Do you have any other Securom protected games installed?

im not aware of problems with Windows 7 64bit works for me atleast good with OA , still getting memory Error. but waiting for a patch anything new Placebo?

On a patch? Well 1.53 is being worked on of course but no ETA or details as to what it'll fix/improve as yet :)

On a patch? Well 1.53 is being worked on of course but no ETA or details as to what it'll fix/improve as yet :)

sounds good :) 3.Waiting!

deleted

Edited by @ST
didnt read post

I dont have any other Secure Rom games Installed I downloaded the secure rom software and completed a search of my Hard drive -Arma OA is the only software with Secure Rom.