Sign in to follow this  
CyberpunkDev

Using Arigatos Jumper Script for Multiplayer

I tried using Arigatos jumper script:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136682-Script-jumps-%28overcoming-obstacles%29

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17140

But it does not work in multiplayer as I don't think it's designed to. Can anyone expand this to work with multiplayer and not just client side only? Either by adding to the script or making it into a mod I'm not sure how.

As of now I made minor edits to the script for a more normal jump using this animation

(which already comes with arma for some reason):

Problem is, it is seen client side only. In server tests we were not able to see eachother jump.

Jumping in multiplayer is a feature I know ALOT of people want on their servers, it deserves its own thread, not to be overlooked in a huge request thread.

If anyone can help with this, or even make a new one using the above animation, I'm sure many would benefit greatly.

Edited by CyberpunkDev

...a feature I know ALOT of people want on their servers, it deserves its own thread, not to be overlooked in a huge request thread.

If anyone can help with this, or even make a new one using the above animation, I'm sure many would benefit greatly.

If everyone felt that way about every request they had, then the request thread would be empty. Its there for a reason, so you should use it.

If everyone felt that way about every request they had, then the request thread would be empty. Its there for a reason, so you should use it.

Not true, that thread is full of absurd things and also many model requests (most of which do not have info like this to work from). Have you even seen the last several pages?

Jumping is a high priority mechanic that many want, especially since there is already a jumping animation in the game. This thread has almost 200 views already. I've seen several posts about jumping, and this should be the final one, since it has the most info about the subject, and people will stop requesting it.

Edited by CyberpunkDev

I see your point, however, it still doesn't warrant a separate thread unless you're saying you're actually working on a jumping addon, in which case, fair enough, it DOES warrant its own thread. Otherwise, if this is just requesting a jumping addon to be made, it belongs in the requests thread - simple as that.

Appreciated Kremator, but that is a client mod as well. I already posted a link to a client script.

We need one that works in multiplayer, thats what this thread is about.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152312-Jump-MF-basic-mod-to-unlock-vaulting-animation

"Jump MF is a basic clientside mod"

I like the dev Smookies post saying "You found it" as they put the jumping animation in there just waiting for us to use it.

It would be nice if someone would make it work online so we can see eachother jump though, not just clientside.

Edit - testing it for mp now

Edited by CyberpunkDev

I theory as long as all player have the animation installed it should work in MP. Seeing as things like dancing and hand signals worked in A2 without all users having the mod. I think "client" dictates that only the client need install it, it is not required on the server mod list to utilize as the animation is hard coded into A3.. I'll be testing it as well, as this is quite frankly one of the major developments I wanted to see in A3.

Not true, that thread is full of absurd things and also many model requests (most of which do not have info like this to work from). Have you even seen the last several pages?

Jumping is a high priority mechanic that many want, especially since there is already a jumping animation in the game. This thread has almost 200 views already. I've seen several posts about jumping, and this should be the final one, since it has the most info about the subject, and people will stop requesting it.

Everyone thinks their request is more important than all those other requests, the fact remains, it's a request, it belongs in the request thread. It'll be made when somebody with the skills decides they want to make it for themselves or because they were bored enough to peruse the addon request thread looking for something to make.

Request for an addon? Read the description of the forum sections, it's been explained to you by a few people buddy.

Regards,

Austin.

Appreciated Kremator, but that is a client mod as well. I already posted a link to a client script.

We need one that works in multiplayer, thats what this thread is about.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152312-Jump-MF-basic-mod-to-unlock-vaulting-animation

"Jump MF is a basic clientside mod"

I like the dev Smookies post saying "You found it" as they put the jumping animation in there just waiting for us to use it.

It would be nice if someone would make it work online so we can see eachother jump though, not just clientside.

Edit - testing it for mp now

there is an update to that jump. It is suppose to be broadcasted in MP now for all to see