Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

About Dev Build - Can we have ARMA 2 style beta patch?

Can we have like how ARMA 2 handle its beta patch? Since it handle like a mod, it' easier to revert back to stable build. With steam style. if I want to revert back, I have to redownload everything that was replaced by the dev build. And it can be a long time depending on your connection.

With ARMA2 style you just download once and you're good to go. If you want to revert, just disable the beta mod, and you're all set.

But since it's on steam maybe there's some limitations, I just hope we can use the ARMA 2 style beta patch

it's alpha of alpha, really not worth it for multiple reasons

Can we have like how ARMA 2 handle its beta patch? Since it handle like a mod, it' easier to revert back to stable build. With steam style. if I want to revert back, I have to redownload everything that was replaced by the dev build. And it can be a long time depending on your connection.

With ARMA2 style you just download once and you're good to go. If you want to revert, just disable the beta mod, and you're all set.

But since it's on steam maybe there's some limitations, I just hope we can use the ARMA 2 style beta patch

Hmmm, i tried rolling back from dev-build, and the files needed to be replaced were around 150MB and not more. So for me this is really a non-issue...

Why would someone want to roll back to an earlier build in an alpha test?

Why would someone revert to an earlier build in an alpha test?

Well majority of servers (actually like 80% of them) is still using Stable build, so i would guess people dont care much about actually testing the game, but rather play it as "demo" which is saddening..

If we had done so in A2 beta testing we would not have come that far.

Earlier i have suggested to drop the "Stable" build and use "Development" branch as default one but it got burried. ;)

Yeah, there's a reason we have the Dev build, and the Stable build, which being an Alpha, is only relatively stable.