Sign in to follow this  
ZeroG

Map editing with Visitor 3

So, terrain masters....

as Mikero's toolsuite works like a charm, at least I have been able to get Stratis into visitor:

?di=1013626900507

Although I recreated the directory structure on P:\ drive (using the error messages given by Buldozer), Buldozer always has been crashing...furthermore, viewing A3 *.p3d files gives "Error 58" when sending to Buldozer....

Anyone gotten any further with terrain editing yet?

Interesting, if I was you I would contact Placebo or Dwarden about use of this, you've technically reversed engineered their IP. I don't mind, as it is nice to see the quality that goes into these terrains, but I would double check before doing anything with it! Good work though!

I am very interested in news regarding this too!!!

If you happen to learn anything new let us/me know!

Greetz!

Are you using a3 exe/bin ect. for buldozer?

I have no porbs loading the objs this way.

buldozer1.jpg

for the 58error we need wait for tool update or magic mike.

Edited by Atsche

Are you using a3 exe/bin ect. for buldozer?

I have no porbs loading the objs this way.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9028/buldozer1.jpg

for the 58error we need wait for tool update or magic mike.

Doh - you are right! I didn't even think of that possibility...Thanks! :)

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Still no success! I copied A3.exe, bin-pbo and core.pbo to their respective P drive locations, unpacked them...and the result is simply no reaction when I hit the exclamation mark or use the *.p3d shortcut (even bad file 58 is not given). Odd...which step did I forget?

I used Monkalb's Buldozer parameter: "p:\buldozer.exe" -window -buldozer -exThreads=0 -cpuCount=6 -noPause

Anyhow..the main obstacle to create maps atm are the new type of roads I guess... :(

Atsche could you please make a simple text based tut how to Visitor 3 running?

I think youd make a name for yourself since there will be many guys new to this project who dont have a clue on how to run these things!

Your chance I'd say ;) :P

I for myself would greatly appreciate your help!

Pretty please=)

Greetz!

Atsche could you please make a simple text based tut how to Visitor 3 running?

I think youd make a name for yourself since there will be many guys new to this project who dont have a clue on how to run these things!

Your chance I'd say

:D

Atsche, literally, "wrote the book" on RV3 terrain-making quite a while ago already... ;)

Simple Arma 2 Terrain Tutorial

If you're interested in terrain-making you could do a lot worse than to start with that...

P.S. - New Arma 3 Alpha Terrain Editing section HERE - yay!

B

Thanks for the link!

I allready was working through this tutorial=)

But unfortunately I still dont have a clue on how to get Arma3 maps working there.

It seems I have to somehow put all the .pbo files into the ca folder in p:\ the thing is I dont know how to that=/

I used Mikeros Arma2P to convert all files.

And since I am no programmer I dont know how I could possibly rewrite it=/

Any help?

Thanks for the link!

I allready was working through this tutorial=)

But unfortunately I still dont have a clue on how to get Arma3 maps working there.

It seems I have to somehow put all the .pbo files into the ca folder in p:\ the thing is I dont know how to that=/

I used Mikeros Arma2P to convert all files.

And since I am no programmer I dont know how I could possibly rewrite it=/

Any help?

I don't think they go into the ca folder anymore. I think the new folder is a3.

Judging by the prefix when you use ExtractPboGui.exe, "A3" ist the new ca.

So yesterday I managed to get my first pbo unpacked^^ I am very new to Arma modding.

i allready found a map from Stratis in the pbos but the resolution was only about 2000x2000 px - which seems way to low to be the satmap.

Also it appears the mco file is exactly the same as in Takistan.

Can someone lead me to the real satmap?

Also: Am I understanding this right: I will have to unpack EVERY PBO miming the maingame structure into a a3 folder in p:\ ?

And how do I relink the bulldozer exe? Or is this even important? (I read somewhere someone ran Arma 3 stuff with the OA bulldozer exe)

Greetz!

ps: Basically what I am trying to do is reworking parts of the satmap layer to increase details - for that reason at first I will have to make sure there is even room for more details and then trial and error my way to a satisfying result^^

The graphic part is not the problem - I worked 3 years as a backgroundartist - but the work with Arma3 style systems is new to me.

So thanks again for any help=)

I managed to use world tools to import a3's trees on my island but now im having the same problem zero, I cant get buldozer to work anymore. I tried a3's bin and core and exe with no luck. I get a few odd errors and a mismatch of shader error.

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

ps: Basically what I am trying to do is reworking parts of the satmap layer to increase details - for that reason at first I will have to make sure there is even room for more details and then trial and error my way to a satisfying result^^

The graphic part is not the problem - I worked 3 years as a backgroundartist - but the work with Arma3 style systems is new to me.

So thanks again for any help=)

that's probably not a good idea as its bi's work. you should probably just try following a tutorial and create your own island

Edited by M1lkm8n

I tried a3's bin and core and exe with no luck. I get a few odd errors and a mismatch of shader error.

Same here.

Have tried with the ArmA 3 exe, bin, core and config. Buldozer launches but my island is just white and it gives me an error about a missing p3d and whatnot.

Bushlurker I saw that you allready accomplished some great stuff with your lost world tech demo.

Seeing this it becomes clear that you allready got visitor running with arma3 stuff! And since you were a well known name in the Arma 2 mapmaker scene I am sure you got your stuff together.

Could you pls explain me which files I need to exchange to be able to produce a Arma 3 map?

I would greatly appreciate your help!

And I dont expect a wonder here^^ Only the basics.

Best regards!

I have Buldozer working like a charm, but can't import a sat mask or layer because visitor can't find my "p:\" I fix one thing to find the next is broke lol