Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Macedonian Armed Forces

Macedonian Armed Forces Mod

I got a request on armaholic from a Macedonian community member that was asking if I could spend some time to make some Macedonian army troops/vehicles. I decided to give it a go in some of my spare time.

Notice

I don't give a shit if you think this mod should be named FYROM, it's going to stay how it is. Keep your hate posts out of here because I don't care!

What I have so far

- BDU Equipped infantry

- Yugoslavian weapons (uses Vilas' eastern weapons pack)

- BMP-2, BTR-60, M113, T-55A, T-72A

What I'm going to try to add

- "Wolves" special forces

- Alternative camo soldiers (I've seen a bunch of reference photos and half of them has this other camo, the other half seems to have the camo I'm using right now)

- Some police forces (heavily armed to combat Albanian insurgents)

- AN-2, Mi-24V, Mi-8

- BTR-70 to replace the BTR-60 (BTR-60 is a placeholder, Macedonians don't use them)

- Some more specific Yugoslav weapons if I can get them (M-80, M-79, Black Arrow, etc)

- Going to try to integrate the yugoslav weapons I'm currently using into the mod itself so you don't have to download a 200mb+ pre-req addon

This is what I'm using for reference pictures -> http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?135826-ARM-photo-and-video-thread

Screenshots

apminfantry2.jpgapmmarksman.jpgapmm113.jpg

WIP Download

Macedonian Armed Forces - http://thegamewardens.net/apm/apmtest.rar

Vilas Eastern Weapons Pack - http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/other/vilas_aks.7z

Known Issues in current WIP

- M113 Driver Turned in position is too low (in first person)

- No reload animation on M113 Zastava M53

- Ammo belt doesn't move on M113 Zastava M53

- No Resolution LODs for Regular soldier model and marksman model (performance might take a hit with a lot of these guys on screen)

- Shadows for Regular Soldier and Marksman model are wonky on "Normal" settings in game.

Edited by GossamerSolid
  • Like 1

Spectacular work, as always Gossamer. Will certainly download once its complete. Keep up the great work!

Thanks man, I feel like this mod is going to be tougher to work on compared to PCDF because I'm working on a real existing army and people are often looking for fairly realistic creations when dealing with such a case.

I'll try my best to get these things as close to their actual counterparts, but I can't guarantee anything.

• Like 1

Definitely will play with it in 2001 insurgency reconstruction:) BTW, do you want to make some generic Macedonian army or one representing some period of time? And do you have any plans for adding MT-LB and Su-25?

• Like 1

Nice work GossamerSolid. Great to see a Macedonian mod for Arma2 :):bounce3:

Are u adding the SU-25?

Hope to see this mod have alot of Macedonian equipment

heres a link if u need it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_the_Republic_of_Macedonia

Also i have lots of ref photo's if u need them :)

I have always thought about doing some Macedonian textures in ARMA2 in my spare time but my life is very hectic atm plus alot of work to do with Armed Forces of Russian Federation mod.

Edited by vasmkd
  • Like 1

Definitely will play with it in 2001 insurgency reconstruction:) BTW, do you want to make some generic Macedonian army or one representing some period of time? And do you have any plans for adding MT-LB and Su-25?

More generic, I'm aiming for insurgency era mainly though.

Both the MT-LB and SU-25 will probably be added.

Nice work GossamerSolid. Great to see a Macedonian mod for Arma2 :):bounce3:

Are u adding the SU-25?

Hope to see this mod have alot of Macedonian equipment

heres a link if u need it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_the_Republic_of_Macedonia

Also i have lots of ref photo's if u need them :)

I have always thought about doing some Macedonian textures in ARMA2 in my spare time but my life is very hectic atm plus alot of work to do with Armed Forces of Russian Federation mod.

Thank you.

I'll also try to create the Albanian insurgents that were fighting the macedonians. I think they are called then NLA -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Liberation_Army_(Albanians_of_Macedonia)

• Like 1

So I've uploaded what I have so far so you guys can give me some feedback.

WIP Download

Macedonian Armed Forces - http://thegamewardens.net/apm/apmtest.rar

Vilas Eastern Weapons Pack - http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/other/vilas_aks.7z

Known Issues in current WIP

- M113 Driver Turned in position is too low (in first person)

- No reload animation on M113 Zastava M53

- Ammo belt doesn't move on M113 Zastava M53

- No Resolution LODs for Regular soldier model and marksman model (performance might take a hit with a lot of these guys on screen)

• Like 1

Tested the pack a little bit. The only issue I've found is shadow bug when shadows are set to "normal". Shadows of infantry units look like this. If shadows are set to "high" - everything is fine.

• Like 1

Tested the pack a little bit. The only issue I've found is shadow bug when shadows are set to "normal". Shadows of infantry units look like this. If shadows are set to "high" - everything is fine.

So with shadows set on normal the shadows are messed up? I'll take a look at it. Might be due to the fact that I only have one shadow LOD and it's at 0 resolution (meaning very high)

• Like 1

So with shadows set on normal the shadows are messed up? I'll take a look at it. Might be due to the fact that I only have one shadow LOD and it's at 0 resolution (meaning very high)

Yes. If the shadow settings are set to "high" level - the shadows are okay.

• Like 1

I got a request on armaholic from a Macedonian community member that was asking if I could spend some time to make some Macedonian army troops/vehicles.

That answers the question as far as I'm concerned, if someone from FYROM wants to call themselves and their community and their mod Macedonian then that's up to them, it breaks no forum rules here. I would ask that we all remain on topic here please, discussions about Greece etc are not relevant here.

• Like 1

Yeah the guy that requested it is named "Macedonian" over at Armaholic and his location on his profile says Skopje, Macedonia.

The country is officially called "The Republic of Macedonia" so the mod will remain with the same name as it currently has.

I'm sorry if I offend any Greek members, but it's going to stay the same.

• Like 1

I guess the conflict can be taken to the game instead, when this is released ;)

Also, great job. I really like that the smaller states get some show time!

• Like 1

Aplion

You need to follow the instructions of the moderators. Here you have used the opportunity to answer to push your agenda that this Macedonian themed mod is offensive in nature. It is not. And so ends the discussion of this issue. Further disputes about greek political issues will be treated as spam in this topic, and will accrue administrative actions.

Any further comments to the moderating staff may be made via PM.

§2) Follow the instructions of the moderators

When a moderator or BIS staff member asks you to do something or to stop doing something, please follow their instructions. If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter.

I guess the conflict can be taken to the game instead, when this is released ;)

Also, great job. I really like that the smaller states get some show time!

Yeah it's actually been pretty fun doing some research for this mod's creation because there isn't too much information in the regular places (wikipedia).

I'm using a military forum's APM photo thread as well as a photo thread from the semi-recent insurgency era. I'm seeing more and more pictures showing the APM armed with weapons that no other site has listed as being used by the APM

APM = Armed Forces of Macedonia, btw

• Like 1

GiorgyGR, Gatonini

Welcome to infractionville. Population: You.

The next time someone mentions the name in a real life political context, they will be infracted and banned from the thread.

+1 infraction for failure to follow moderator instructions / spam

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Thread cleaned. No more political discussions about the name Macedonia. It is not intended in a political context.

• Like 1

Off topic posts deleted, infractions given by Max Power.

I made the opinion very clear here:

That answers the question as far as I'm concerned, if someone from FYROM wants to call themselves and their community and their mod Macedonian then that's up to them, it breaks no forum rules here. I would ask that we all remain on topic here please, discussions about Greece etc are not relevant here.
  • Like 1

nice i like it but the macedonians dont use alot of vehicles but im sure you'll figure it out :)

• Like 1

Thank you to the moderators, I appreciate the cleaning of the thread.

Yeah the macedonians don't have too many vehicles, but that's good for me, less work :)

I just got the MLOD to the M79 Osa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M79_rocket_launcher) from SuperRat (thanks buddy). I'll be putting that into the next version.

• Like 1

Hears A list of vechiles that should be added

Are you going for realism on this BTW?

BRDM-2

BTR-70

BTR-80

MT-LB

I think you should leave the BTR-60 cause they have some in reserve i believe

Cars:

UAZ-469

Land Rover Series

BM-21

Ural Series

HMMWV

HMMWV (M240)

oh last thing is the BTR-70 going to be RHS's cause its great.

• Like 1

This is what I have planned:

MTLB

SA-13

BRDM-2

BTR-70

UAZ

Grad

HMMWV

5T Truck

Mi24

Mi17

I'm not going to add the BTR-80 at this point in time because I can't find an ArmA 2 quality model to ask permission to use.

• Like 1

Not sure if Macedonians had or have Grads... Are they really in the inventory of their army? Any photos? I thought they had enough rocket systems of Yugoslav origin, like other countries of former Yugoslavia.

• Like 1

Not sure if Macedonians had or have Grads... Are they really in the inventory of their army? Any photos? I thought they had enough rocket systems of Yugoslav origin, like other countries of former Yugoslavia.

There are a couple of photos in my "source" website that I listed in the first post.

They are a solid darker green colour with the macedonian flag on the doors I believe.

• Like 1