Sign in to follow this  
stk2008

Running dedicated server and 2 clients or more on one macine

Hi all I read some where that this was possible using only one copy of ARMA2/OA etc with out causing FADE to kick in.

I want to start testing a time sync script and this would be ideal.

Could some one please explain how to do this correctly as I really dont want FADE to trigger.

Thanks

Have you tried to use a commandline for the shortcut target? -nosplash will let the app think that its a completly different program meaning you can start as many as you like. And if you run both sessions in windowd mode you should be able to get them side by side on one screen? To also start a dedi-server i would just use the server.exe

wow really -nosplash allows that I did not know sweet i just thought it gets rid of the start screen?.

I start dedi server VIA tophes server tool.

I will test this tonight.

Hi all just to confirm this if I use no splash in my short cut can I start two instances of ARMA 2 combined ops with out FADE etc on same PC of course.

Thanks

-Nosplash has noting to do with how many instances you can run on 1 arma. You can run as many servers as u like, but afaik only 1 client pr purcased game.

Hi there thanks for clearing that up tbh when he said nosplash allowed this I was like NO I am 99.9% sure it wont.

I did how ever look here

http://www.ofpec.com/tutorials/index.php?action=show&id=44&page=161

Its says if I create a dedi server and use

kickduplicate = 0;

it will allow me to run two arma 2 clients on the same machine in window mode and test my server this way.

Can any please tell me if this will be ok for testing on LAN with out FADE kicking in please.....

-Nosplash has noting to do with how many instances you can run on 1 arma.
Have you even bothered to try it out? He didnt ask for multiple clients of same machine on same kickduplicate=1 servers just how to start more then 1 client, all i described is how to start multiple instances nothing more. Maybe its now also posible without a modline change (yes this works for every app you just need the right command) but this is the perfect work around.
Can any please tell me if this will be ok for testing on LAN with out FADE kicking in please.....
As far as i know it will not work FADE is always on? Edited by larsiano

OK update

Please reply

I have on the same pc with same CD key

dedi server

and two working arma 2 running in window mode with

-window

-nopause

now I connected to me dedi on one client ok but when i connect with other it says

CD KEY IN USE

I read this is possible so what the hell am I doing wrong :( please advise

---------- Post added 04-12-2012 at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-11-2012 at 11:31 PM ----------

well I have tryed every thing

I disabled kick dupe

I put reportingIP to "";

etc etc and I still get a CD KEY IN USE :( so probaly faded my game but meh will reformat if I have.

DEVS please is this possible I just want to test my missions with two clients on a dedi server all from the same machine.

Thanks

hi thanks for replying.

I had thought about that but it dont support user made mods and I need ACE so its a no go :(

now I connected to me dedi on one client ok but when i connect with other it says

CD KEY IN USE

I read this is possible so what the hell am I doing wrong :( please advise

Just change your reportingIP to "<>"

Xeno

hi there Xeno I am sure I did set it to report nothing I will look at how you have wrote it above to how I wrote it in the CFG.

I all ways use tophes dedi server tool but this wont allow a reporting IP of nothing it is all ways 127.0.0.1

Check again... reportingIP should be "<>" and not ""

Xeno

oh damn yeah ok I did not do it right then sweet testing now will report back

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me.

edit edit

Yay it works thank you yay well chuffed thanks

edit 2

Ummm I still get

Remember illigal copies may fade warning is this normal and I can safley ignore it?.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

I know no one has questioned me seeing as I keep refering to FADE but I just want to show that I am genuinly trying to get this to work for mission making here is pictures of my ARMA 2 boxes and disks for any one questioning my integrety.

I love BIS I have extra copys of PMC and BAF even though I now have reinforcments.

http://imageshack.us/g/801/sv202134.jpg/

Any way thanks xeno

Edited by stk2008

in your server.cfg

change

reportingIP = "google.com"; or any other web page and use remote to connect