Sign in to follow this  
Doofy

Flight medical surgeon script

i wouldn't see why not ....i add what i was missing but the problem is that once there in the chopper it starts medic2.sqf. without me even touching the addaction..not sure why..

ill keep messing around but its getting there ..once i get the outline done i can work on trying to figure out if i can add animations vea attach script

Ace is very difficult finding the right variables...

You have a bracket missing in medic2.sqf doofy:

&& (alive _caller))

Why don't you enable -showScriptErrors or download a script checker like squint?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#Developer_Options

wouldnt it also be possible to attach a trigger to the chopper and if there is wounded with in that trigger then the add action apears and proceeds to heal the wounded with in the trigger?

Im talking about attaching the trigger in the edieter make it small then put a distance on it that brings up the vehical addaction once wounded in there.. I maid a seat with a attach script and named it MD Ready Seat..were the medic goes ..Then im making a Animation sequence for when the script starts.Medic2.sqf that is ..Pic below

ArmA2OA2012-04-0518-49-49-82.jpg?t=1333669881

Not done yet folks but making advances ,Thank you PELHAM for helping with my messy scripting lol and good ideas with the code..greatly appreciated

Edited by Doofy

Yes if it was a very small trigger it would probably work.

i got the trigger the right size..so it only comes up inside the chopper..still working on it guys :) I'm not the quickest but still working on her :)..There is some questions i need to ask the ACE team but cant seem to find the Ace thread.. well i found one then it leads me to another then another..it would almost make sence to delete threads that are closed if you cant ask questions or put them in there own section."old topics"

i got the trigger the right size..so it only comes up inside the chopper..still working on it guys :) I'm not the quickest but still working on her :)..There is some questions i need to ask the ACE team but cant seem to find the Ace thread.. well i found one then it leads me to another then another..it would almost make sence to delete threads that are closed if you cant ask questions or put them in there own section."old topics"

Look for "ACE for OA 1.13" (hint: it's very near the top of the list in the 'Addons & Mods: Complete' forum :))

Best wishes for this - having animated healing inside vehicles would be great. Still intend making a non-ACE version, but another project is top of the queue at the moment.

BR

Orcinus

im close to being done with this one and once i em it wouldnt take much to change varibles for non Ace one.. :) dont worry i have blueprint for both but i figured i would try the hardest one first :)ace

im close to being done with this one and once i em it wouldnt take much to change varibles for non Ace one.. :) dont worry i have blueprint for both but i figured i would try the hardest one first :)ace

Oh, nice one. Non-ACE version will be very popular as well :)

Were you planning to extend it to other vehicles like trucks, IFVs, etc?

I'll focus my coding neurone on my own project.

Cheers

Orcinus

I'll focus my coding neurone on my own project.

Where the hell did you get one of those? I need one :)

@Doofy - keep going mate :)

I'm currently starting to talk with the guys from ACE i see they put something up on Dev Heaven and was actually thinking on trying to make something along the lines of what I'm doing ..so I'm hoping he will get back to me cuz if there gunna roll it out with new ace update i dont want to step on any toes..So i have officially started non ace version tell i here back from them

Didn't I read that there was going to be no more ACE updates until Arma3? I don't think it is being supported until then.

Didn't I read that there was going to be no more ACE updates until Arma3? I don't think it is being supported until then.

Shhh! Me want a non-ACE version NOW!

Where the hell did you get one of those? I need one

Trouble is it suffers from lonely axon syndrome :(

@Doofy: if you need any beta (or even alpha) testers, I would be pleased to assist.

BR

Orcinus

Shhh! Me want a non-ACE version NOW!

Trouble is it suffers from lonely axon syndrome :(

@Doofy: if you need any beta (or even alpha) testers, I would be pleased to assist.

BR

Orcinus

LOL i want a ACE version :)

in that case i will keep working ace one day and then non ace the next ..so on and so on :)

private ["_target","_caller","_id","_actionId"];
_target=_this select 0;
_caller=(_this select 1);
_id=_this select 2;

sleep 2;
hint "Applying bandages";
_unit setDamage 0.4;
sleep 10;
hint "Checking vitals";
_unit setDamage 0.3;
sleep 5;
hint "Patient is Hypertension 140-160mmHg, Hearts BPM 80-100, 9-14 Breaths/Minute";
sleep 3;
hint "Applying EPI";
_unit setDamage 0.2;
sleep 12;
hint "Applying Morphine";
_unit setDamage 0.1;
sleep 12;
hint "Checking vitals";
sleep 5;
hint "Vitals are good patient is stable";

My question is....why is everyone always administering Epi? What protocol suggests EPI for a gunshot wound? I understand the morphine, but not the other one. Epi would just increase the HR (Heart Rate) even more.

Did you go with Epi because that's what ACE has setup? If so, I understand what you're trying to do, but I just never understood what the reasoning was behind it.

i went with those just for testing ..Most of what i put down is for testing and maybe some can see what i'm doing wrong.all those hints were to see if the script was going all the way threw. and yes i did it off the Ace wounding system .witch in theory doesn't do it right at all lol...so yes it is being a "you know what" because of all the variables.. that code i put up with ace was just to see if could even heal the unit with those variables set .witch it can..Now that i know what i kind of "stuff" i need out of ace i can work around that..Took a little while to figure out how they had there variables set up ..starting to get the hang of it..

What would be good as well is the ability to change the script to use it with other objects i.e Med Tent or a 113 Ambulance etc...

Just a thought, looking forward to this as it will give our Pilots something to do whilst we are on missions, ETA for ace version ?

idk yet i'm really having troubles with animations inside of the cab..thinking thats just part of the game ..so i em re thinking it..Maybe putting up a nice dialog of some sort..there will be one its just a lot of tweaking ..it wasn't really meant to be done inside of vehicles but we shall get her.