Sign in to follow this  
Laid3acK

TrueCombat: Close Quarters Battle alpha release

Wow, awesome, and with Linux binaries too, will be putting a server up for sure. Thanks for reporting.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

dont have wolfenstine so...

Dude, it's free.

It's a good study of CQB combat with prone, crouch, lean, freelook, ironsights, parallax adjusted holo-sights, 3D optics (not sure I ran across an actual magnifying optic but the 1x scopes feature a rather nice lens effect), full 1st-person weapon animations and probably more I didn't discover.

Visuals are dated by today's standards but I think could still come up a lot with a good artist or two on board. Still rather pre-release, no bugs that I saw but as far as I can tell there's only one small deathmatch map and it was claustrophobic and scaled too small, I kept getting stuck on doors and so on and that's saying something given I can get around in ArmA interiors okay.

It could yet become something great given sufficient focus on content and gameplay but I don't think there's a great deal of play to be had from this current alpha.

1kZU3ARtHbc

That actually looks quite realistic, had a few moments where the light made it look like some camera footage. Like the sights in that video aswell, add a whole new dimension to shooters :)

Or you might say they were awesome for a 2003 engine but you couldn't say they were awesome without qualifying the statement. Honestly the test map scale is the biggest issue there too in my mind, there's no vista.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Oh and, no setting I tried would yield the bloom you see in that video (which would definitely lift the visuals) but that's probably just down to my not knowing anything about the ET engine. Remember too that compressing down to YouTube sizes makes graphics look better than they appear fullscreen, OFP:DR is testament to that. But by all means give it a go, not a big download.

The game doesn't look too bad, And it's the gameplay that really matters.

And it's a great game, There's a few bugs. I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes doors seem to small for your guy. (might be connection issues, like rubberbanding making it appear hard, not sure as of yet)

I recommend it, and hell, it's free. It's a win-win situation, Great game, Good features. Decent graphics and all for free. :)

Yep -doors very tight. Overall, OK, I guess. I havent played Counterstrike in a long time but im pretty sure they did it better. Maybe its an achievement for this engine....? Dunno.

Also, the Lean feature didnt work for me :confused:

There's a 'perk' you need to activate for the class for lean to work.

Plus check the controls, it's default controls were 'WTF' lol

the aiming dead zone in this is one of the smoothest I've seen. also like the addition of a free look. I even switched it to ALT, like in arma. played online for a bit, gunned down a couple players, got shot a few times in return, then got booted. was probably lagging too much for their server. pretty good stuff, though.

Ok, i checked it and there is no bloom xD Also, i only managed to join a server without punkbuster and only one other dude, who was just jumping around and testing the weapons.

the aiming dead zone in this is one of the smoothest I've seen. also like the addition of a free look. I even switched it to ALT, like in arma. played online for a bit, gunned down a couple players, got shot a few times in return, then got booted. was probably lagging too much for their server. pretty good stuff, though.

Yeah, I instinctivly changed the freelook to ALT as well.