Sign in to follow this  
sppu

sppu_realsound Mod release

a video is required for most people to download , as there is no other way to get a taste of the mod.... anything, audio samples.. just something..

I downloaded it just to test... it has some serious problems... i don't know how a sound mod does this but my fps goes VERY low when the shooting starts... also with your sound mod enabled i can no longer zoom in which is quite weird... i disabled all my other mods to make sure the problem was with this. after removing this mod i played the exact mission with no low fps and could zoom again. :S

i tested with ARMA 2 Combined Operations

I tried it too and I also experienced the problems that Cossack did as well. I also got a missing addon error at startup.

The sounds themselves were interesting. Not exactly my cup of tea though.

Didn't downloaded it yet, but sounds like it has some serious config problems. Suggest you review it mate.

I'd definitely love to see a video of this. I'd download it but I live in the third world where they hand out tiny download rations every month.

MAy i tell u what he told me about his addon?

Changed are most of the sounds of the environment, weapon, explosion, hitsounds? and military vehicles. He also disabled the zoom function for more realism he said. Then he scaled down the AI mg gunners so they dont behave like snipers anymore. Planes & Helicopters can now be defeated by MGs. The Sounds are made for Best result for the player itself and everything around him within 300-1000meters.

I hope u all understand what i wrote because i translated it from broken german to english ;C

MAy i tell u what he told me about his addon?

Changed are most of the sounds of the environment, weapon, explosion, hitsounds? and military vehicles. He also disabled the zoom function for more realism he said. Then he scaled down the AI mg gunners so they dont behave like snipers anymore. Planes & Helicopters can now be defeated by MGs. The Sounds are made for Best result for the player itself and everything around him within 300-1000meters.

I hope u all understand what i wrote because i translated it from broken german to english ;C

that's not a sound mod then... and I'm no longer interested.

I'm looking for a soundmod for OA, not a Sound Mod with AI "Tweaks". You should put more information in your first post for future reference.

Indeed, this should be in the discussion section as alpha, and also a much better OFP description before people download.

As said how would anyone know of the AI teaks (not a sound mod) without it!? To be honest all the tweaks should be separate and a sound mod being a soundmod ONLY.

I wrote down what he told me about his addon. i Just thought most of the ppl wanna know what they are dling. im not part of it ._.

Made a short video with this Mod.

JHLghO_aF7A

I must say...i dont like it very much. Some Sounds are very good (MG´s) but other are crappy. Like the Aircrafts weapons are too silent. You cant hear it very good.

The soniccracks of each weapon are also very boring. So in my opinion you have to work on it.