Sign in to follow this  
slatts

To those who think the SCAr is dropped

yet another SCAR-L thread

but a positive this time round :)

(i couldnt find anyone who mentioned this in other threads btw)

http://www.fnherstal.com/index.php?id=640

People just misinterpreted the early story. It wasn't that SCAR was "dropped", it's that the decision to field it was decentralized from USSOCOM to it's subordinate commands. It's a budget and flexibility issue, plain and simple.

Why didnt you just mention this in one of the "OMG SCAR HAZ BEEN DROPP3D, BIS N33DZ TO MEAKZ MOAR M16/HK416 WEPNZ" threads???

People just misinterpreted the early story. It wasn't that SCAR was "dropped", it's that the decision to field it was decentralized from USSOCOM to it's subordinate commands. It's a budget and flexibility issue, plain and simple.

That and they are still going through with their orders on the mk17 and if I remember, they can convert them to allow for use of 5.56 if they need to do so. So instead of buying a whole bunch of new 5.56 rifles and 7.62 rifles, just buy the 7.62 and modify them when necessary for the smaller round. Money saver.

Edited by Steakslim

Why didnt you just mention this in one of the "OMG SCAR HAZ BEEN DROPP3D, BIS N33DZ TO MEAKZ MOAR M16/HK416 WEPNZ" threads???

Because he doesn't spell well enough? :confused:

:)

Yea... wtf, this doesn't need it's own thread again. Big fail on behalf of the thread starter.

cause i speak english

plus if you read the link im not saying the scar needs to be dropped

but that it should stay

cause im on about arma2

I'm sure he means the 6.8, or the 6.5, both are new rounds. Not returning to the old 308, because the 6.5-6.8 are a good compromise between stopping power and how much ammo you can carry.