Sign in to follow this  
arthur666

Can we make the new recoil model optional?

Guns do actually have quite a kick in them when they chamber something like the 7.62x51 or 7.62x31, its what makes the AK-47 so very inaccurate. Because of the large round. (the SCAR-H fires the 7.62x51 which is larger than AK-47's)

The new recoil is certainly better than the old one but still needs some tweaking.

Not talking about realism but just the gaming experience, firing and waiting for the aim to reset by itself is just wrong and boring. With a real rifle (yes I have fired a few) You use your muscles to compensate for the kick and re-aim. So now you use the mouse to re-aim.

It does take some getting used to as we have become lazy with the old way but this just brings more fun back into shooting.

The new recoil is certainly better than the old one but still needs some tweaking.

Not talking about realism but just the gaming experience, firing and waiting for the aim to reset by itself is just wrong and boring. With a real rifle (yes I have fired a few) You use your muscles to compensate for the kick and re-aim. So now you use the mouse to re-aim.

It does take some getting used to as we have become lazy with the old way but this just brings more fun back into shooting.

Totally agree with you. :)

Location: Germany <<<<---------- he use to the grapy guns lol the use theme over there thats why they lost the war

We lost the war 65 years ago but what has this to do with recoil in ArmA? :D

Keep the new recoil model mandatory.

Less rambo kids on servers = yay!

I'm not a big fan, yeah it is more realistic, but it is just one of those things that isn't simulated too well in a game.

Guns do actually have quite a kick in them when they chamber something like the 7.62x51 or 7.62x31, its what makes the AK-47 so very inaccurate. Because of the large round. (the SCAR-H fires the 7.62x51 which is larger than AK-47's)

Actually, what makes most AK-47 inaccurate is the fact that they were not produced to very high machining tolerances to keep manufacturing costs down. A cheap chrome-lined barrel, clunky trigger assembly, things like that. If caliber had anything to do with accuracy, people would not be able to hit targets 1km away with a Barret Light .50

That said, I've seen some surprisingly accurate examples of the AK-47 and the SKS, though the 7.62x39mm round does limit their long range usefulness. Just depends how nice and fresh the tooling was on the day it was manufactured.