Sign in to follow this  
WKK Gimbal

Bis, will resistance have .... trains?

deathguy, I know, they became a bit dark smile.gif

Its no problem, you can set the time yourself soon... It will available for download when we relaunch the Invasion1944 page. (should be soon, though can take a while longer (mostly everything is complete))

But here you go:

trainnewsmall.jpg

trainnewsmall2.jpg

It works, but its rather lousy coding (I have to redo it) since I made it up as I went...

Trains.... new models, new physic, new definitions, new class, .... OFP can not be all games in one... (flying simulator, FPS, train simulator, ......)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (medvidek @ April 08 2002,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Trains.... new models, new physic, new definitions, new class, .... OFP can not be all games in one... (flying simulator, FPS, train simulator, ......)<span id='postcolor'>

well, but we could try advancing one at a time!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP can not be all games in one...<span id='postcolor'>

Then what is it already? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (medvidek @ April 08 2002,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Trains.... new models, new physic, new definitions, new class, .... OFP can not be all games in one... (flying simulator, FPS, train simulator, ......)<span id='postcolor'>

Everyone wants something, and I'm no different, but still, you have made what I consider to be the greatest game ever, bar none. Anything you give us is much appreciated. biggrin.gif

Simply tossing ideas - OFP already expands over so many fields that it's easy to begin wondering how far it can be stretched wink.gif

Anyway, it was you guys who came up with bus lines! biggrin.gif

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ April 08 2002,13wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya... but if dawdler can do it... why cant u :/?<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe becuase they wouldnt settle with what I have done smile.gif

I doubt any programmer would wink.gif

Making a really good train in OFP takes more than a weekend of patching together a little worthless script... (patching is the word, I made it on the fly)

Mine is very basic, veeeeeeeery basic... Has some serious limits (involving the turning process), but it works in theory.

I even tried making a movie (wanted to see how my computer could stand up with a movie file of an I44 demo (which it dont, to weak computer)) of it, in which you can see the sharp Transport Tycoon turns smile.gif (can see parts of them on the images)

Its at http://w1.855.telia.com/~u85528876/clip0015.avi

And no, I am not an idiot when trying to handle the darn mouse, I recording it in a window and it gets screwed biggrin.gif

Im such a newbie at video editing/recording biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Medvidek !!!

Yes, it would be asking a lot, and yes you have already given us the greatest game ever...But, you don't realize how much greater OFP would be with trains.

It would be perfect for small narrow gauge (3 foot between the rails) trains with steam engines and a few cars...maybe 2 flatcars and a boxcar and a caboose.

Just give us the components with curved, straight, and/or flexible track sections...a small steam engine...a flat car...a box car and maybe a caboose. We will do the rest...laying the track between towns and villages(with the mission editor)...assembling the trains...making the missions.

WOW !!! I can just see a small train rolling through the picturesque scenery of Everon (or any of the Islands).

It would be so great and answer so many peoples dreams of having a model or interactive railroad...but this is even better because it would have almost unlimited space and interacting AI...military or civilian...that would give the railroad meaning and purpose.

This really grabs your imagination when you realize it would be possible in OFP....WHAT AN ADDON !!!!!

BIS would be foolish to pass up the opportunity to do this...if not in OFP then create a new standalone game or platform ...it has UNIVERSAL appeal that huge numbers of people would go for.

Maybe you could make it to merge with OFP like "Resistance "

Please present this to the others at BIS...it deserves their attention!!!

You are given a bus by BIS, arent that enough? biggrin.gif

I will ask some modeller on the I44 team to make a locomotive/car and a set of tracks, though it aint exactly high priority so it will take a while. Someone else will probably beat us to it. And I will improve the script enough to at least make it kill you when being runned over smile.gif

And moving sound...

Gentle bobbing in sideways...

Smoke rising from the locomotive...

A man jumping of at each station, walking back and forth shouting "All aboard!"...

Oh, oh, and a whistle biggrin.gif

Its a dream anyway smile.gif

-EDIT- Not a man walking back and forth, detecting the way it has stopped, like in a curve would be a pain in the ass smile.gif Only jumping of and saying it soon before jumping on and leaving.

-EDIT2- Oh, wait, it would work, if plotting a course alongside the train dependant on the cars and station. But then he needs to exit on the correct side... Or exit on a free side, detect, walk to the right side and start his path. See what I mean with a programmer not being happy with what I currently have? biggrin.gif

So much more trouble with a really cool and nice train smile.gif

-EDIT3- Aw, now I overused smilies again. :nonexistestent smillie here:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (medvidek @ April 08 2002,06:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Trains.... new models, new physic, new definitions, new class, .... OFP can not be all games in one... (flying simulator, FPS, train simulator, ......)<span id='postcolor'>

Why not!? It could be a revolution in the game industry seing a game that got it all in it!

biggrin.gif

Dawdler...That would be great...anything like that would get it started...BIS and others could then see the potential...

It would also enhance your MOD immensely!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

(Quote from above)

"I will ask some modeller on the I44 team to make a locomotive/car and a set of tracks, though it aint exactly high priority so it will take a while. Someone else will probably beat us to it. And I will improve the script enough to at least make it kill you when being runned over

And moving sound...

A man jumping of at each station, walking back and forth shouting "All aboard!"...

Oh, oh, and a whistle" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------

(How do you enclose a quote?)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deathguy @ April 08 2002,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (medvidek @ April 08 2002,06:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Trains.... new models, new physic, new definitions, new class, .... OFP can not be all games in one... (flying simulator, FPS, train simulator, ......)<span id='postcolor'>

Why not!? It could be a revolution in the game industry seing a game that got it all in it!<span id='postcolor'>

GTA 3 (Grand theft auto 3) comes close to it!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fikalaker @ April 09 2002,15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif

Dawdler...That would be great...anything like that would get it started...BIS and others could then see the potential...

It would also enhance your MOD immensely!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

(Quote from above)

"I will ask some modeller on the I44 team to make a locomotive/car and a set of tracks, though it aint exactly high priority so it will take a while. Someone else will probably beat us to it. And I will improve the script enough to at least make it kill you when being runned over

And moving sound...

Oh, oh, and a whistle" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------

(How do you enclose a quote?)<span id='postcolor'>

I know it would be great, that's why Im working hard.

Cut it down from 12kb to 9kb, though I havent actually tested it yet.

I have improved it (even while the first version isnt even out yet biggrin.gif), I think I know how to to make the gentle wobbling, smoke should be no problem, neither should the little man shouting "All aboard" since I only add that in the part where the script waits for restart. Sounds of a moving train will be slightly harder, since one need to really control that (dont want it to sound all along, want it to go PUFF...PUFF..PUFF.PUFFPUFFPUFF when starting/stopping etc). Wait and see smile.gif

I am not sure if I am to release that version yet though... Invasion1944 secrets you know biggrin.gif

But my suggestion on a more open enviroment in the scripting way was not rejected (many agreed), so I suppose it will be released. Its only the models that needs protecting, since anyone can do what I have done (anyone that can see order in chaos, since my scripts are CHAOS wink.gif), but not anyone can make models like Ciecato or Keyser Soze...

We need both trains and buses, the more the better.

Another idea is to add postmen and milkmen and see if they run on time.

A new idea would be for Bohemia Interactive or someone with the "Visitor" tool to make larger islands, not like the vast one in resistance, far bigger than that, with motorways and another large island on the same world but separated by a vast sea. Think of the possibilities, passenger ferries crossing the water, civilian hovercraft all running on timetables. We need a large mountain with caves inside and cable cars.

The houses need to be improved. I don't believe that anyone in Eastern Europe could have lived in such low conditions as that. Women and children should be added.

Dawdler, when will any form of Beta be released for Invasion 1944, or at least a few vehicles?

Update the site abit, the information you have so far is ancient!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dionysos @ April 10 2002,11:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dawdler, when will any form of Beta be released for Invasion 1944, or at least a few vehicles?

Update the site abit, the information you have so far is ancient!<span id='postcolor'>

About the beta: No one knows when it will be out, since I44 relies heavily on Oxygen... We aint got it yet, to my knowledge.

The site WILL be updated! It will be relaunched, not only updated... An entirely new page and forum. Just wait, it should happen soon (with soon meaning within the week, otherwise Ill go and beat up Askhan I think biggrin.gif)

it could actually be pretty basic if you want to do it a lame-o way heh. just make it a terrain type, add that terrain type, and make the AI be able to drive only, and follow only that specific terrain type. my super-lame looking, super-lame in general for the lazy people idea

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ April 10 2002,14:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it could actually be pretty basic if you want to do it a lame-o way heh.  just make it a terrain type, add that terrain type, and make the AI be able to drive only, and follow only that specific terrain type.  my super-lame looking, super-lame in general for the lazy people idea<span id='postcolor'>

And if you look at how the ai in OFP drive, a train would go all over the tracks, in any direction biggrin.gif

LOL biggrin.gif it would need a new AI for a train if we want it to go straight and at the right place on the right direction wink.gif

What I wish was for BIS to make it so that unofficial addons, new islands would be downloaded automatically as part of the Mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rage_Frost @ April 14 2002,22:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I wish was for BIS to make it so that unofficial addons, new islands would be downloaded automatically as part of the Mission.<span id='postcolor'>

ehh.....for 56k users like me, that would be a bit harsh.. wink.gif

yes their are some hugh addons but Alot of small ones lets take that new island it's only 96k and most people not all have a better connection then 56k.

I'm just saying it would add something new to ofp so you wouldn't have to hunt down addons to play missions on dedicated servers!

Now i know most of the missions we have on are server are in the range of 600+kb

and the 56ker's have an extra 1min or 2 to d/l it but we wait for them alot of the times smile.gif

the only thing that gets us if your ping is through the roof.

I know most people that have 56k that go to are server their ping is only around 150 to 180 i would have to say thats ok.

what I think some uber programmer needs to do is reasses and recode the collision script smile.gif

yes i know how much work that would be, but I can dream can't I?

Dont even dream about it biggrin.gif

What has that gotto do with Resistance or trains btw?

Oh, and an early beta of my train is available for download at my page of general crap things (diverse screenshots and the train). Address is found somewhere in http://invasion1944.operation-flashpoint.de/forum....did=456

where one can read additional info (like things NOT to complain on smile.gif)

smile.gif Dawdler, I looked at your "Train" mission and I think it shows you have a good idea of how accomplish many of the things a train does using scripts...

Do you think it would be possible to enter the "train" and start it and stop it where you want to, but following the waypoint "track" you have laid.

Also starting and stopping needs to be very gradual...no fast starts or stops due to the mass of trains.(but of course you know this)

Great start!!!

Have you talked to any of the modelers for I44 about an engine model and track yet? I know there are huge limitations till you get Oxygen.